• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[KH2 spoils] rock impacts important part of body used to cover hole in neck

Status
Not open for further replies.
In KH2, a heartless causes rocks to fall, they hit Goofy on the head. Instead of checking his pulse or anything, they decide Goofy is dead and then Mickey literally says "they'll pay for this" and then you and Mickey going on a heartless killing rampage with several Final Fantasy protagonists (the only time where you fight alongside multiple FF characters in the entire series making it a Crowning Moment of Awesome... in what is supposed to be a sad moment).

It then turns out after you killed a bunch of that Goofy is actually alive. And then you do Kingdom Hearts Dynasty Warriors.

Genuinely though, I can't tell if this scene is supposed to be a parody of "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" and death fakeouts or if it's played straight and is just abysmally bad. Is this scene the worst put together death fakeout in video game history? What are the worst death fakeouts in video game history?

The death fakeout in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XzlAwWkXQ

OmahaG8

I wonder if people are playing 1 and 2 for the first time for the upcoming release of 3 - thought the OP never.

This is a 0/10 scene and a fake spoiler, I refuse to spoiler tag this. Goofy was obviously never going to die in this game and the game is 11 years old.

wow, i never played these but was planning to play them. Thanks for the spoils

You are mad I spoiled a death fakeout?

TitusTroy

having never played the games, is this for real?...Mickey?...Goofy?...is this a Looney Tunes game?...is Bugs Bunny in it as well?

Just right there in the title of the thread though...just like that.
This is a 0/10 scene and a fake spoiler, I refuse to spoiler tag this. Goofy was obviously never going to die in this game and the game is 11 years old.

You are mad I spoiled a death fakeout?
5be261a2dd7fbc9edd8fd284d4bda4db.gif

cyba89

Normally I'm not too spoiler-sensitive but can you please not put things like major character deaths (fake or not) right in the thread title?

Good job OP!

(Incoming "But these games are xxx years old! Everyone who cares about spoilers should have played it already!" excuse)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wow, a 10+ years old fake spoiler! What are you, OP, some kind of monster?

Some fine-ass concern trolling going on ITT. Fellas haven't played KH2 yet and come in here pretending to care about that game's plot? Without even reading the OP?

GAF's a mess.

I love that entire sequence, by the way.

TwistedSyn

Wow. Really OP...Really!? I was gonna finally play this game next month and you literally spoiled something that sounds REALLY important.

kai3345

Banned
wait when did goofy die in kh2?

edit - watched the cutscene in the OP. i apparently don't remember anything about that section of the game lol

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
In OP's defense

1. The game is 12 years old.

2. It's a Disney game and an incredulously obvious fake out from the get-go.

ShadyK54

...ya know, I'll most likely forget this spoiler by the time I get around to playing KH 2 in the HD collection, but wow. Could've tagged it or come up with a better thread title for those that are hyper sensitive to spoilers.

Ydelnae

Wow I can't believe you spoiled this significant death just like that in a thread's title, I have no interest reading the rest of the post now.

Brah.....HD collection came out for PS4 like a few months ago and a few people are playing for the first time EVER

way to ruin it in the title

Seijuro

Tag your spoilers,
even for story beats
OP. And change the goddamn thread title, it just riles people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom