• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[KH2 spoils] rock impacts important part of body used to cover hole in neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepboy

Yes you idiot. It's as you said, a FUCKING STORY BEAT.

OP's not worth engaging with. Every thread OP makes is just the most clickbaity / editorialized version of what could reasonably be posted. I suspect (s)he is mostly desparate for attention and worried that if (s)he doesn't use hyperbole like "GOAT", no one will reply. See also the thread where (s)he claims David Cage said his game was apolitical, even though the word political never left his lips.

The easiest way to deal with these types is just to mute them, but sadly NEOGAF still shows threads from muted folks.

OP's not worth engaging with. Every thread OP makes is just the most clickbaity / editorialized version of what could reasonably be posted. I suspect (s)he is mostly desparate for attention and worried that if (s)he doesn't use hyperbole like "GOAT", no one will reply. See also the thread where (s)he claims David Cage said his game was apolitical, even though the word political never left his lips.

The easiest way to deal with these types is just to mute them, but sadly NEOGAF still shows threads from muted folks.

I cannot believe how insanely mad you and others are that I "spoiled" the worst scene in Kingdom Hearts 2.

GOOFY IS IN THE KH3 TRAILER. HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T DIE IN KH2.

Sephzilla

I don't care about people talking about unmarked spoilers for an old game in a thread talking about the game. But (like I said last night) given the recent re-release of the game that's bringing new people into the fold putting a spoiler, whether it be small or big, right into the thread title (and thus making it unavoidable) is an easily avoidable thing to do and it should be practiced for spoilers in general. Glad to see the thread title got updated.

In my opinion there are none. If it's a spoiler you tag that ish. There's always gonna be a few who haven't played the game. Not cool OP. RIP in pieces.

Okay, so if my thread title was a spoiler, then you would have to spoiler tag the cover to KH 2.8 because GOOFY IS ON THE COVER.

lol what's the story there?

Game reviewer (I think) revealed that there is no hookshot in BotW. People shouted "SPOILERS" even though this makes negative sense because there is obviously no reveal at the lack of a hookshot.

I cannot believe how insanely mad you and others are that I "spoiled" the worst scene in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Honestly, I've been avoiding all trailers for KH3.

Not nearly as pissed off about this as I was the original spoiler, though

Ray Down

Banned

Sounds like you got an ax to grind.

Okay, so if my thread title was a spoiler, then you would have to spoiler tag the cover to KH 2.8 because GOOFY IS ON THE COVER.

Game reviewer (I think) revealed that there is no hookshot in BotW. People shouted "SPOILERS" even though this makes negative sense because there is obviously no reveal at the lack of a hookshot.
Lol what? Man I missed my chance to outrage than I got spoiled on ff7 cuz of gaf damn I could've cut loose

In my opinion there are none.
And yet in this laissez faire world of ideas we must agree that this is the minority opinion, yes?

When The Sopranos ended, every single person talked about it the next day. I have never seen the show, but I know how it ends. My life.... Has continued. The strength of stories rely not on bullet points of events, but context, characters, etc etc.

As humans we must cohabitate, and it's been ruled that as a species we are going to talk about things that have already happened. A lot.

If knowing that goofy woke up 5 minutes later really ruined the experience for you, you have to reevaluate what you like in media. Not everything is the sixth sense twist. I go out of my way to read plot points and scenes, plus read reviews beforehand, to know if a movie/TV show is for me. The plot is only a portion of what makes something great. If you're putting your entire bag of marbles on it, thats more on you.

Spoiler culture will reach its height when someone makes a thread titled "How did you react to Aerith's death in FF7?" and people who were "eventually" gonna play it get pissed.

And yet in this laissez faire world of ideas we must agree that this is the minority opinion, yes?

When The Sopranos ended, every single person talked about it the next day. I have never seen the show, but I know how it ends. My life.... Has continued. The strength of stories rely not on bullet points of events, but context, characters, etc etc.

As humans we must cohabitate, and it's been ruled that as a species we are going to talk about things that have already happened. A lot.
Again, cultural relevancy is a major factor. Everyone knows what happens in Star Wars. Sopranos' ending has been a point of disussion and parody and a much-commented-on reference for years. The Red Wedding was talked about by everyone, even people who didn't watch the show.

But I'm not going to assume the end of The Shield is fair game.

Sephzilla

Spoiler culture will reach its height when someone makes a thread titled "How did you react to Aerith's death in FF7?" and people who were "eventually" gonna play it get pissed.

If that was a thread title put out like a month after the FF7 remaster was released, people would have a right to be upset though

If that was a thread title put out like a month after the FF7 remaster was released, people would have a right to be upset though

This is not remotely similar to Aerith's death though. A FF7 similar example would be: "Is Cloud crossdressing the most unexpected moment in a AAA game?" Cloud crossdressing has WAY more importance to the plot than Goofy's "death" and would be a much bigger spoiler than Goofy's "death."

Would people react negatively to that thread title? Consider it too much of a spoiler?

Nose Master

I refuse to believe anyone would think a Disney mascot character would die in any medium.

Also that scene is great, top 10 anime deaths.

But I'm not going to assume the end of The Shield is fair game.
You really should though, it's okay. If someone wanted to watch The Shield, they have had ample time to do so. It's not on you to think of imaginary people if you want to discuss it!

And even if you did somehow manage to describe what the finale was, the simple end point of seven years of scripted television does not even come close to defining what the show, characters, and experience encompasses.

Me saying "Marlo gets away with it" doesn't even begin to accurately describe what actually happens. I think you'd be okay. The people who are watching The Shield are mature. Jesus, I want you to spoil it now because I became bored three seasons in after Vic- yet again- solves every problem without being convicted.

If knowing that goofy woke up 5 minutes later really ruined the experience for you, you have to reevaluate what you like in media. Not everything is the sixth sense twist. I go out of my way to read plot points and scenes, plus read reviews beforehand, to know if a movie/TV show is for me. The plot is only a portion of what makes something great. If you're putting your entire bag of marbles on it, thats more on you.
1) That's you and how you consume media. A good mindset is to not assume that because you are fine with something, everyone else should be. I do the same for blockbuster movies and Walking Dead, but I wouldn't for Soma or Stranger Things.

2) Twists and plot aren't the point here. The point is deciding for others how they get to experience and enjoy something.

Sephzilla

This is not remotely similar to Aerith's death though. A FF7 similar example would be: "Is Cloud crossdressing the most unexpected moment in a AAA game?" Cloud crossdressing has WAY more importance to the plot than Goofy's "death" and would be a much bigger spoiler than Goofy's "death."

Would people react negatively to that thread title? Consider it too much of a spoiler?

I don't know how they'd react and neither would you. Which is why I think open story spoilers, minor and big, in thread titles are dick moves that are easily avoidable. You're just looking for an excuse to get away with it.

like, if you want to have unmarked spoilers in your thread that's cool for me. but thread titles are something that you can't avoid

Eusis

Man, I loved the fact it read like some insane fake spoiler. Then I find out it was for "real" but went nowhere. I care more about spoiling Xenahort shenanigans in the topic title and I've hunted spoilers down to TRY to make sense of that madness.

Pepboy

First, I'm not insanely mad. I played KH2 over a decade ago. The whole series is tied with MGS for "shittiest story that makes no sense and retcons everything in a desperate attempt to stay relevant".

I'm just stating my perceptions of your posting history.

Secondly, once again you seem unable to acknowledge or admit that:

1) if someone was playing kh2 for the first time, and cared for spoilers, they MIGHT NOT WATCH THE KH3 TRAILERS. (Since you seem fond of all caps)

2) even if they did see the KH3 promotion material, it may not be immediately obvious that it wasn't a prequel, or a flashback, or an alternate universe, or a retcon.

3) you could have chosen a hundred other nonsensationalized titles that would have been nearly equivalent ("worst scene of all time in kh2?")

It's your unrepentant need for attention that tells me you'll continue to post the most hyperbolic stuff again. Probably not spoilers exactly, but same shit different day.

Anyways this was mostly a post to help others understand my thoughts on the matter. Guessing any future posts from you will just be baiting and will not be responded to.

First, I'm not insanely mad. I played KH2 over a decade ago. The whole series is tied with MGS for "shittiest story that makes no sense and retcons everything in a desperate attempt to stay relevant".

1) if someone was playing kh2 for the first time, and cared for spoilers, they MIGHT NOT WATCH THE KH3 TRAILERS. (Since you seem fond of all caps)

2) even if they did see the KH3 promotion material, it may not be immediately obvious that it wasn't a prequel, or a flashback, or an alternate universe, or a retcon.

3) you could have chosen a hundred other nonsensationalized titles that would have been nearly equivalent ("worst scene of all time in kh2?")

It's your unrepentant need for attention that tells me you'll continue to post the most hyperbolic stuff again. Probably not spoilers exactly, but same shit different day.

Anyways this was mostly a post to help others understand my thoughts on the matter. Guessing any future posts from you will just be baiting and will not be responded to.
You seem particularly mad attacking his post history for whatever reason just saying

Ray Down

Banned

Again if your trying to say you aren't mad you are clearly failing

Falk

that puzzling face
thread ran its course

if there was SOME discussion pertaining to OP regarding fakeouts (spoilers ahoy!) maybe we could leave it open but as it is we're going round and round like the wheels of the short bus

RIP goofy thread

edit:

Again if your trying to say you aren't mad you are clearly failing

you're*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom