• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall - Ultra High Bitrate MP Footage

nib95

Banned
Wanted to make a proper comparison so I tried to align the two trailers as well as I could.

I apologize for anyone on smaller screens as this is quite wide. (1536x432)

iEbDXStYItHsU.gif

Much prefer the look of the new soldier.

camac002

On a final note with the infiltrator, it would appear GG has simply added more versions of them. In the Hostage level, there are at least 4 different types of hooded fellows. Maybe the white ones are supposed to be higher rank since in each room there's maybe one white uniform to roughly 4 variations of greys.

'Old' build and 'new' build together.

tjePJWT.jpg

JB1981

I need to get on my PC and download this bad boy. I streamed some footage on the Vita last night and it looked amazing even on the Vita.

On a final note with the infiltrator, it would appear GG has simply added more versions of them. In the Hostage level, there are at least 4 different types of hooded fellows. Maybe the white ones are supposed to be higher rank since in each room there's maybe one white uniform to roughly 4 variations of greys.

tjePJWT.jpg

It looks like a small lady is dancing on him in the right photo lol.

tjePJWT.jpg
Really? Hmn interesting

noomi

tjePJWT.jpg

Cannot be unseen...

e51125743388ec4e75b5e7f79d789ceb499bf8f9_full.jpg

btkadams

played a bit of this yesterday at one of sony's pop-up ps4 locations. i played all of the games in the booth so i only had a few minutes with kz. it controlled well. either the recoil on the gun i was using was massive or i am all of a sudden the shittiest killzone player ever.

i was looking into the distance to see how detailed the city was (i was on the vekta side of the wall in some train station that had open view of the city) and i was a little disappointed to be honest. but i think the faults were highlighted by the sharpness of the tvs, as many people have complained. the reason why i say that is because every game i tried looked extremely sharp.

anyway, very hyped for this game. it really did look fantastic. the only flaws that stuck out were ones that i was intentionally looking for in areas that you really wouldn't be looking at during regular play. i guess that will always happen with any game (ie: uncharted 2 debris textures)

DSN2K

really really good stuff, they are very much ahead visually for a launch title then everyone else across both Platforms besides Crytek with Ryse.

Wanted to make a proper comparison so I tried to align the two trailers as well as I could.

iEbDXStYItHsU.gif

seems like the newer build has dust on the model compared to the older one

it is also more detailed

Edit: but if I would have a grip with it the transition from the VSA holo to the soldier is more smooth in the older build

LtOrange

The game graphically looks beautiful and the gameplay equally so. Really hope the community is strong with this one.

OT Any news on the clan system? I thought a blog post was going to cover it but I have not seen anything.

iEbDXStYItHsU.gif

From looking at the old is quite apparent that they dialed back the FX for the new. There is more going on in the old GIF than the new one IMO.

KORNdoggy

From looking at the old is quite apparent that they dialed back the assets for the new. There is more going on in the old GIF than the new one.

what exactly has been dialed back? certainly not textures, or character models, those are better?

that comment reminds me of those who thought the chloe bus scene in uncharted 3 got worse assets between trailer and final game, when all they did was change the lighting and atmosphere to match the location they where in.

what exactly has been dialed back? certainly not textures, or character models, those are better?

The god rays are dialed back. The particles are dialed back and the FX on the solider (green electricity) is dialed back and the transition from solider to enemy is shorter.

The new one looks good but appears they just upped the fog density, took away particles, and shortened the god rays. But they did make the solider lit by the environment as opposed to the old one (which looks out of place).

The modeling looks the same to me. I'd have to see stills to tell. It looks like they did some artistic changes but had to swap around what the GPU would be busy doing -- OR -- the GPU was just fine doing everything and we can't notice the FX anymore because of the added fog. It's quite possible that the particles and extended god rays are still there, but you can't see them. The transition definitely isn't there though.

Overall -- I like the old better.

camac002

and the transition from solider to enemy is shorter.

Based on the full snippet, it would appear that the the assassin is no longer going into a slow motion crouch, instead he crouches at normal speed so a few timings have been changed. My guess is that he is now leaning in for some dialogue, and then maybe he will get the knife like in the demo or maybe not.

The god rays are dialed back. The particles are dialed back and the FX on the solider (green electricity) is dialed back and the transition from solider to enemy is shorter.

The new one looks good but appears they just upped the fog density, took away particles, and shortened the god rays. But they did make the solider lit by the environment as opposed to the old one (which looks out of place).

Based on the GIF, which seems to focus on the transition effect only, the old looks better. The visuals pop a lot more, where as the new one looks like the end result of some compromises. Maybe they just wanted it to look more dull. *shrug*

Trees are the only let down.
I was really excited that next-gen would bring better trees. So far it hasn't really. The trees in BF4 are especially bad.

Top Bottom