• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance playable tech Alpha is OUT NOW (PC/PS4/Xbone Cryengine RPG)

They already said there's no third- person mode. They wanted to focus exclusively on authentic first-person sword combat.

It's something they'd look into if there is enough demand.

“I know that some people have a problem with first-person view here, but I think we get much better immersion. At this point, we don’t plan to have third-person. However, if there are very large protests from people, we may change our mind.”

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It's something they'd look into if there is enough demand.

“I know that some people have a problem with first-person view here, but I think we get much better immersion. At this point, we don’t plan to have third-person. However, if there are very large protests from people, we may change our mind.”

I hope they don't bend. Some sort of "character inspection" camera like in Mount&Blade (~ key) would be okay, but otherwise, keep it locked at first-person and dedicate your full energy to polishing that experience.

Game looks gorgeous.

Reedirect

Would love to try it but really not interested in trying now I know what the Creative Director/Owner of the studio is like.

Shamelessly in support of Gamergate. I'm not hugely involved, but any adult or industry member who's fine with what's happening is pretty ignorant in my book.

Sucks for me, cus the game looks nice, right up my street.

Not really, he just said that the whole scandal is a complete joke. But that's a whole other debate. The alpha looks great, shame that it will only run smoothly in my dreams.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not buying a game because you disagree with a person?

The game is for YOU, it doesn't have opinions it's just images and sounds. :|
But my money goes to him.

Not really, he just said that the whole scandal is a complete joke.
No, he did far more than that. He's an outspoken supporter, supports Milo, Adam Baldwin and Christina Sommers, and routinely insults Sarkeesian, Leigh Alexander, etc. His twitter feed is beyond cringeworthy. Also look at dat t-shirt

Is this that same Cryengine RPG from waaaaay back when we first started getting next-gen media? Anyone remember that? If it is, I'm glad something came of it.

Burt

But my money goes to him.

No, he did far more than that. He's an outspoken supporter, supports Milo, Adam Baldwin and Christina Sommers, and routinely insults Sarkeesian, Leigh Alexander, etc. His twitter feed is beyond cringeworthy. Also look at dat t-shirt

Yeah, I saw the thread about the latest update the other day and the name rung a bell for something in this ballpark. I think it was him freaking out over not getting enough coverage for one of his backer updates or something.

Anyway, poked around, and saw that he asked Baldwin to act a role in the game over Twitter.

Annnnd that's when I realized that I was never going to go near this game.

Honey Bunny

I want that t shirt.

Im surprised this is running so well on OPs machine, given what im seeing in these shots. It is a small area...but that didnt help Star Citizen's hangers :)

Not buying a game because you disagree with a person?

We really ought to have developers, artists, managers, community leaders, QA dudes complete a political questionnaire so we can be absolutely sure we agree with 100% of their views before purchasing a product that they worked on.

Hollow

7f1df549b755f0e3.jpg

This metal work reminds me of the initial trailer for Deep Down.

It looks fantastic.

Haunted

Material shaders look fantastic, there's some great texture work in there as well and the lighting can look really natural (overcast moreso than sunny, funnily enough).

We really ought to have developers, artists, managers, community leaders, QA dudes complete a political questionnaire so we can be absolutely sure we agree with 100% of their views before purchasing a product that they worked on.
If the creative director and public face of the developer is blatantly and publicly supporting a shitty thing you strongly oppose, and you end up hearing about it, it becomes something you need to consider.

Denton

We should actually have that for everyone who sells us anything. I am pretty sure I'd starve to death if I stopped buying stuff from people I disagree with about things, but oh well, small price to pay :)
Must not support people with other opinions!

Trace

Banned
The game looks fantastic, and I was heartbroken when I hit the invisible walls. I just want to roam and explore, sort of feels like how I felt playing Oblivion for the first time.

Teremap

Banned
We should actually have that for everyone who sells us anything. I am pretty sure I'd starve to death if I stopped buying stuff from people I disagree with about things, but oh well, small price to pay :)
Must not support people with other opinions!
Someone publicly supporting a misogynistic hate group goes well beyond "people with other opinions" and more into the realm of "this man represents an existential threat" to me...

demolitio

Well back to the actual topic at-hand, that looks really good for alpha. I'm hoping this game can live up to the hype since it's a genre that deserves to be more popular.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
At this point I really feel hopeless. There was no game that I like and wanted to talk about around here in the past months that has not been forcibly dragged into these wars. Wars I really don't want to be part of. All I want to do here is to discuss about my hobby - playing games, but it seems really impossible to do this now. Why don't you make separate threads for this is beyond my understanding.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
At this point I really feel hopeless. There was no game that I like and wanted to talk about around here in the past months that has not been forcibly dragged into these wars. Wars I really don't want to be part of. All I want to do here is to discuss about my hobby - playing games, but it seems really impossible to do this now. Why don't you make separate threads for this is beyond my understanding.

I know. I hate it when people are trying to force an agenda in game threads. Just purchased this and hoping to have a great weekend with this and Civ:beyond earth!

Pachimari

Add to that, Vavra didn't treat the team at 2K Czech well. Many of the developers of Mafia II disliked him.

That said, I'm so gonna get Kingdom Come! The atmosphere is right up my alley.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Would love to try it but really not interested in trying now I know what the Creative Director/Owner of the studio is like.

Shamelessly in support of Gamergate.
I'm not hugely involved, but any adult or industry member who's fine with what's happening is pretty ignorant in my book.

Sucks for me, cus the game looks nice, right up my street.
I will be doing the opposite. Day zero purchase.

I can't wait to play it on PS4.

DirtyCase

The game looks fantastic, and I was heartbroken when I hit the invisible walls. I just want to roam and explore, sort of feels like how I felt playing Oblivion for the first time.

Honestly I saw these screens and they reminded me entirely of my first time playing Oblivion. That shit eating grin on my face when I realized I could go anywhere and even slay the guards and steal their armour. However it is important to note that this game LOOKS unbelievable graphics wise, I just hope it will have a large enough scope with the possibility for emergent gameplay.

Yeah, so far everything they have show has been lovely. Here's hoping the scale delivers. I just really need more people making games that want to be different for the sake of it.

Sil

Banned
This is looking amazing, unfortunately I'm reading this before the start of this fine working day..

And please keep the politics out of this thread, I'm getting sick of it.

Zafir

Just ignore them, no ones forcing you to listen or care? Considering what kind of actions this 'war' has brought up, it's no wonder people are pretty pissed off and wouldn't want to support the guys game. If it doesn't bother you, then that's great for you.

Denton

Someone publicly supporting a misogynistic hate group goes well beyond "people with other opinions" and more into the realm of "this man represents an existential threat" to me...
The point is that he disagrees that trolls and crazies define that whole movement. You are free to disagree with him. But Vávra is not a misogynist and don't worry, he doesn't threaten your existence.

Add to that, Vavra didn't treat the team at 2K Czech well. Many of the developers of Mafia II disliked him.

That said, I'm so gonna get Kingdom Come! The atmosphere is right up my alley.

Do you have any source for that? I am wondering why would half of Warhorse be ex-2k Czech devs if they hated him.

2014-10-23_00012uqrfm.jpg

The game looks great but the facial hair looks awful it's like someone drew it with Photoshop.
Yeah it looks terrible, but it's heavily work in progress.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just ignore them, no ones forcing you to listen or care?
It kind of does when it hijacks an innocent thread like this?

http://abload.de/img/2014-10-23_00012uqrfm.jpg

The game looks great but the facial hair looks awful it's like someone drew it with Photoshop.

This looks like the mustache was an afterthought. There are other characters with better facial hair, maybe I will take some screenshots later today.

Pachimari

The point is that he disagrees that trolls and crazies define that whole movement. You are free to disagree with him. But Vávra is not a misogynist and don't worry, he doesn't threaten your existence.

Do you have any source for that? I am wondering why would half of Warhorse be ex-2k Czech devs if they hated him.

Yeah it looks terrible, but it's heavily work in progress.
Just my friend who worked at 2K Czech on Mafia II.

But let this thread be about the game.

Seanspeed

Banned
I hope they don't bend. Some sort of "character inspection" camera like in Mount&Blade (~ key) would be okay, but otherwise, keep it locked at first-person and dedicate your full energy to polishing that experience.

Game looks gorgeous.
Totally agree. I feel like Elder Scrolls games have been held back a bit by having had to cater to the people who cry about poor 3rd person playability. Don't want that to happen here.

And his whole team that worked hard and actually made the game :/
That's a fair enough consideration and one I probably care about enough to still fork over money for this.

If the creative director and public face of the developer is blatantly and publicly supporting a shitty thing you strongly oppose, and you end up hearing about it, it becomes something you need to consider.
It becomes something *you might want* to consider, not *need to*. I know people dont like it here, but I kind of want more people to know what this guy is about so they can at least be aware of who they're giving their money to and they can then make a choice to look past it or boycott. I also think its worth noting that just because you look past it doesn't mean you dont care at all. I still want people to know about him and his bullshit attitude. If its just some unknown dipshit on twitter, I probably would say its best to just not give them attention, but the lead of a game development studio is a different story. I think if the least we can do is to get him to shut his mouth about his ignorant views then its a good thing.

prudislav

Just my friend who worked at 2K Czech on Mafia II.

But let this thread be about the game.
well as far as i know (friend in warhorse) , whole development of Mafia 2 was horible mess with 2K butchering original design( cutting out meelee weapons, heavy cuts of chapters ,... ) and resulting in a lot of people leaving and founding of Warhorse studios.

Zafir

I think the hair in general needs work, the NPC hair wasn't fantastic either. I'd have thought that's pretty low on the priority list anyway.
It kind of does when it hijacks an innocent thread like this?
Hardly, there was two initial comments on the thing, and in fact one of them even expressed regret that the owner is supporting something so questionable, because otherwise they'd be interested in the game. How is that hijacking a thread?

I think the hair in general needs work, the NPC hair wasn't fantastic either. I'd have thought that's pretty low on the priority list anyway.

Visually speaking, seeing that the materials and nature of objects in Ryse aren't that different from Medieval times makes me think that in the worse of cases the engine at least was already remade for what they need to do, and they could try to get some of that.

I became familiar with the developer from reading about Gamergate. I heard it was a kick started game made with a few million dollars, and I'm pretty amazed how good it looks.

KKRT00

http://abload.de/img/2014-10-23_00012uqrfm.jpg

Those models are from prototype with some updated cloths materials, it will be look completely different in future.

They are also sharing tech with Chris Robert Industries.

While I'm very much against the Gamergate movement, I'm still glad I backed this.

This is still a game that dearer was to do well, an idea and vision I hope to see similar attempts at later, and the whole clusterfuck between progression and bigotry, dodgy journalistic practices and accountability, is a side issue to it.

Besides which, not every Gamergate supporter is a bad person or even inherently wrong, and while this guy comes across a brash git, a lot of his issues and points are perfectly valid.

This whole black and white, us vs them stuff just creates a toxic environment where nothing will change. Both sides need to communicate and be willing to question their convictions if we're ever going to advance beyond where we are now.

Well, except with Adam Baldwin. That guy is just a colossal wanker.

But yeah, anyone not buying a game they want just because they dislike someone involved in its creations opinions, unless they're openly supporting religious extremists, terrorists or neo-nazis, is just being silly.

Seanspeed

Banned
But yeah, anyone not buying a game they want just because they dislike someone involved in its creations opinions, unless they're openly supporting religious extremists, terrorists or neo-nazis, is just being silly.
No they're not. They just have a different line of crossing than you do.

No they're not. They just have a different line of crossing than you do.

Well, yes, fair enough I suppose. I just wish both sides would be more willing to just talk these issues out rather than refusing to have anything to do with one another.

I just don't see what the blacklisting and boycotts are going to accomplish, especially with stuff like this where people are saying they want the game but won't buy it because of one the guys in charge holding opinions that are counter to their own.

I mean maybe he's done some truly despicable shit I don't know about, but from what I've read in here, he's far more reasonable than a lot of the most vocal Gamergate lot.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Hardly, there was two initial comments on the thing, and in fact one of them even expressed regret that the owner is supporting something so questionable, because otherwise they'd be interested in the game. How is that hijacking a thread?

If you see just two comments before my reaction, that means you have a lot of people on ignore list. If you look closely I didn't react at the initial comment(s), but only after it become a main part of the discussion. But I guess you don't see it even now as a hijack. Funny thing is that this is one of the favorites tactic also on the other side of the war, raiding and mass trolling the discussions of the ones you don't agree with. But whatever, this is my last comment on the matter now, I'll update my ignore list with all the warriors on both sides and focus on games.

Moff

can you actually do anything or is it mainly a tech demo?

looks amazing, very glad I backed this as a baron.
and I dont aree with his views, but luckily that doesnt keep me from playing his games

Top Bottom