• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Delux or Watch Dogs?

gugeifer

Man, you want a cool game. With cool hero that can do cool stuff in a totally realistic manner and great world.

Go with Kirby. It'll be cool.

goldenpp72

Kirby isn't sad and violent? Tell that to all the helpless Waddle Dee's.

Kirby Triple Deluxe has breaking and entering with intent to murder and steal, killing of defenseless creatures through many forms of torture, vandalism, and basically paints Kirby as a big racist for killing everyone due to the acts of a few. The only reason bandanna waddle dee survives is his survival instinct to stay in the background. It may not be as obviously designed for a mature audience, but the message is clear :p

RK128

While I don't own either game, get Kirby :D.

From what I saw of it online, the game looks like a wonderful sequel to Returns to Dreamland (more copy-abilities to use, the "super" ability being far more interesting this time out, the game is one of the few 3DS games that make great use of the 3D, and the game does get some challenge to it too). If you enjoyed any of the traditional 2D Kirby games, then get Triple Deluxe, you will really enjoy it :).

With Watch Dogs....I don't know if this is a fair assumption (as I don't own it), but it just looks like another run-of-the-mill open world game :(. Bland visuals, the 'hacking' really doesn't look like it does much (outside of making thing's easier for you....looks like you can get money quick from hacking people's bank accounts), the gun-play isn't anything special and Aden looks like a really bland character as well :(. If you are interested in it....just watch some gameplay of it or rent it from Red Box (I saw the PS3 version their as a rental option; one day (which costs 2 bucks) should be enough to see if you like it or not) to get a better impression of it :l.

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Big budget "AAA" games like Watch Dogs are almost always boring, repetitive and disappointing.

That's not really fair. With the rights leads at the helm any game, regardless of scope or money involved has a chance at been good

I enjoyed Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, Assassin Creed, and Infamous as much as I enjoyed stuff like Shovel Knight, 1001 Spikes, and Ether One

Lijik

I havent played Kirby yet, but Id still go with that based on my time with Watch Dogs.
Its a fun enough game, but its very standard and the story missions/usual Ubisoft side content start to feel bland and samey the more time you spend with it (if they dont already feel bland and samey from the get-go due to exposure to other open world/ubisoft games) and the narrative itself is so boring with an outrageously unlikable lead whose personality and demeanor boils down to "Budget Batman"

EDIT- I can also vouch for the "Just rent WD on redbox" option if you're not a stickler for presentation.

K' Dash

Because Watch Dogs is terrible? It's like a copy of GTAV, but bad. Why not just play GTAV?

Kirby is amazing though. :p
But. If I had to throw my opinion in, I would say to get the new Donkey Kong if you don't already have it.

I agree that Kirby is amazing.

As for WD being a copy of GTAV, please stop embarrassing yourself.

own both.

kirby makes me happy when i play it. It's not challenging, but getting all the stars is just enough of a brain teaser that it's the perfect game to dabble in after a long day of work.

w_d makes me disappointed (at the shoddy pc port), frustrated (at the stupidly shitty protagonist and the complete nonsense story), annoyed (at some of the annoying missions at the end). The core gameplay is fun if you find your fun though. going in gun shooting is boring, but going stealth and what not should be fun.

Hugstable

Banned
Triple Deluxe has easily become one of my favorite Kirby games of all time. I feel imo that the game is perfect in almost every way (they could make it still a bit tougher). I just loved all the world 3-6, especially the music, the bosses, and the bosses music! And the surprise mode and other secrets made the game just that much more worth it to me. I would really go with Kirby over Watch Dogs, it's just such a great game. Also if you are on a 3DS, Kirby has some of the best looking 3D on the system, and they really take advantage of it.

Poor Waddle Dee's tho :(

Marcel

Looks like a solid agreement on Kirby, and most of you confirmed my fears about watchdogs just being boring and repetitive

Good choice. If you're a fan of Kirby, you'll definitely enjoy getting keychains on Streetpass in addition to everything else solid about the game.

MrBadger

Kirby Triple Deluxe has breaking and entering with intent to murder and steal, killing of defenseless creatures through many forms of torture, vandalism, and basically paints Kirby as a big racist for killing everyone due to the acts of a few. The only reason bandanna waddle dee survives is his survival instinct to stay in the background. It may not be as obviously designed for a mature audience, but the message is clear :p

I remember this one stage where you suck on a pipe, and on the other end of the pipe there's a Waddle Dee hanging on for dear life trying desperately not to be sucked up. Damn, Kirby

Celegus

First someone asking Revengeance or Ground Zeroes. Now Kirby or Watch Dogs? GAF you make this too easy.

Kirby!

random25

Kirby. If you really like Kirby games, this one is easily one of the best Kirby games (even the worst Kirby is good to decent anyway :p) from game modes to music to 3D effects.

Can't recommend W_D since I haven't played it yet though.

Nowise10

If you love Open World games, I would go with Watch Dogs. Its a pretty solid game, and can be really fun. Stealth gameplay was awesome, and how I always played it.

If not this month, get Watch Dogs next month. Nothing new is coming out in August either way.

Haven't played Watch_Dogs yet, but Triple Deluxe is one of the best Kirby games I've played in a while, so I'd go with that.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
On the last world of Kirby 3DS now and I like it. Savefile says I am 40% complete, so unsure what occurs in the post-game to get to 100%. It is a very charming platformer and the first Kirby I have played since Amazing Mirror(awful game) and 64. The levels are really unique and they often make creative use of the 3DS gimmicks in smart ways, plus the 3D is really impressive. A bit easy so far, but not braindead and the secrets go beyond merely using specific powers to reach doors as in the much older titles.

Haven't played WD, but the common consensus here matches mostly what my friends have to say. A decent open-world game that ticks most of the checkboxes of an Ubi experience. Some nice ideas and a lot of wasted potential. Will last a good while, but it gets old a bit fast unless you really get OCD about trophies or full completion.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Get Kirby you can't just say no to that little cute face, plus Watch_Dog will eventually drop in price.

Watch Dogs because Kirby is nothing more than a joke. Seriously. Watch Dogs is all you want. Forget Kirby.

KTD_Circus.png

Also how is Kirby a "joke"?

Nibel

Forget Watch_Dogs, wait for GTAV to get the currently definitive AAAA open-world-game experience - get Kirby instead.

I own both and like them quite a bit. I would go with Kirby if for no other reason than Ubisoft games drop in price hard and fast. You'll be lucky to ever find Kirby on sale, and if you do it will be like $10 off.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kirby is my surprise GOTY. Every level is great and the creativity is phenomenal.

Neverwas

I don't think I've ever been as bored with a game as I have been with Watchdogs. i would recommend anything over it.

Seik

Banned
Also how is Kirby a "joke"?

It's joke in a way that you'll laugh of how easily a $39,99 portable Nintendo release can surpass your casual $59,99 multi-million budget/marketing AAA shoot/kill console title. Kirby always delivers.

/Opinion

Also, I'll probably end up buying Watch Dogs, when it'll be something like $15.

Top Bottom