• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

oti

Banned
So there you go, Xbox-only people. PC is the Switzerland of consolewarz. Just get a PC if you want to play it. I'm not being cocky here, I like this new cobsole exclusive + PC trend. More options for everyone.

As long as it is coming to PC, I will be happy. Bring on the UE4 powered spiritual successor to Policenauts and Snatcher, co-directed by Del Toro.

pw5puisy3q9dkd9n4ghp.jpg

"Konami was a mistake. They are nothing but trash. "

zsynqx

So there you go, Xbox-only people. PC is the Switzerland of consolewarz. Just get a PC if you want to play it. I'm not being cocky here, I like this new cobsole exclusive + PC trend. More options for everyone.

Yep, allowed me to play Titanfall last year.

The Boat

How is skipping Xbox more options for everyone?

Shin-Ra

so last gen people got angry when ms was moneyhatting certain projects, and this gen, people love sony for moneyhatting sf5 and this new thing.

am i missing something?

great to hear that kojima found a new home/found a new studio.
Sugar_OhShit.gif

oSoLucky

Yes, PC will most likely get a port from the PS4 version.

Well, my PC and console are hooked on my TV. It's not hard at all, actually.

Everyone is in a different situation though. For some it's very simple, for others such as me, not really.

He is completely right. Sony get a free ride for shit like this.

Even nintendo got shit for having bayonetta 2 exclusive and if it werent for them, the game wouldnt have been made!

The whole thing around Bayonetta 2 was ridiculous. There was so much rage, but it came from unreasonable people. Sony has the same kind of deal going with SF5. The deals that MS have been lambasted for are fundamentally different, such as RotTR.

Even nintendo got shit for having bayonetta 2 exclusive and if it werent for them, the game wouldnt have been made!

No one gets a free ride. Its just some console warrior bullshit about making exclusive list wars. When Nintendo does it, Xbox/PS/PC fans will be upset. When Sony does it, Nintendo/Xbox/PC fans will be upset. When Microsoft does it, Nintendo/PS/PC fans will be upset.

mjc

No one gets a free ride. Its just some console warrior bullshit about making exclusive list wars. When Nintendo does it, Xbox/PS/PC fans will be upset. When Sony does it, Nintendo/Xbox/PC fans will be upset. When Microsoft does it, Nintendo/PS/PC fans will be upset.

The carnival of stupid is indeed cyclical.

The game won't be linked to Metal Gear Solid or the cancelled Silent Hills, either, Sony says, instead being "something completely new". The game will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment who will "provide support [to the game's development] as necessary".

Juicy tidbits here. Interesting Sony is publishing but will still do a PC release, although these days I guess thats not out of the ordinary for them.

More importantly though, Kojima's next game will be "something completely new". Now that makes me giddy :p

Nintendo didn't deserve shit. Microsoft did because they paid a publisher to keep a game off their rivals platform. If Tomb Raider couldn't have been made without Microsoft, people would mostly feel differently.

The bottom-line is that for Kojima, the ideal landing spot was a place where he'd have a similar level of freedom and control, with the resources to make the sorts of games that KojiPro usually make. And you really are only going to get that through working with one of the platform-holders.

Partnering with Sony makes sense on so many levels. There's already a built-in comfort and familiarity there.

How is this even a moneyhat? This is a new studio and a new IP. No one is taking anything away from anybody. It's also likely that Kojima went straight to Sony in the first place.

Or is every new studio/IP required to go multiplat, lest it be a "moneyhat?"

And just because Nintendo undeservedly "got shit" from a few uninformed angry fanboys doesn't make it justifiable or okay to do it to them or Sony (or MS).

mjc

Nintendo didn't deserve shit. Microsoft did because they paid a publisher to keep a game off their rivals platform. If Tomb Raider couldn't have been made without Microsoft, people would mostly feel differently.

I don't think Kojima would have had a problem finding funding to make this game. Sony isn't some magical white knight coming to save him.

So this thread about great news is a pc superiority /pc vs ps4 thread now. Great.

PC doesn't even need a big entity behind itself to push it, it has all the support it could ever need in every thread on every single forum on the Internet.

And now on neogaf too, big time.

It used to be different here... :(

It did?

HMD

KojiPro horror needs to happen, and I'm glad Kojima's no longer tied to the Silent Hill brand. I really do hope Sony helps Kojima get Del Toro back to gaming.

RPGamer92

Banned
I don't think Kojima would have had a problem finding funding to make this game. Sony isn't some magical white knight coming to save him.
But he chose them because he had a good relationship with them and must have offered him a lot of freedom to publish his game on PC.

Juicy tidbits here. Interesting Sony is publishing but will still do a PC release, although these days I guess thats not out of the ordinary for them.

More importantly though, Kojima's next game will be "something completely new". Now that makes me giddy :p

Something completely new is indeed cool. Sony also said they don't view PC as a rival platform per se, and there's a massive audience on PC. I still feel that unless Kojima teams up with Del Toro to make some uber fucked up horror game that I'd buy but give up on after 5 minutes (I am terrible at horror games) it'll probably be action/adventure.

Can you inagine the uproar if Kojima's first independent game was an xbox exclusive?

It's not, so no point. Not sure why folks come around only to try and rabblerouse.

Wonder if these people consider Scalebound a moneyhat too.

Someone, somewhere probably does and that person is most likely a moron.

Yes, PC will most likely get a port from the PS4 version.

Well, my PC and console are hooked on my TV. It's not hard at all, actually.

Not at all, I have the same setup. I still lean console for online shooters as I use a controller and honestly, because I can't stand having to grab the keyboard when something bugs out or tabs the heck out. It's lazy of me I know. I'm just strange about certain things, same way I won't use my consoles for media as I like a certain level of control over that experience that only PC can offer.

Thankfully, I can enjoy both so it's not a big deal.

Cool, I'm ready for a totally original, non-MGS Kojima game. Haven't had one of those since Zone of the Enders. If it's enough of a killer app I may end up buying a PS4 because of it.

I would love to see Kojima go the crowd funding route. He'd easily break Shenmue 3's records. He would totally break Kickstarter/ Indiegogo/ Fig (well maybe not Fig, since they would also act as a publishing company)

Game4life

Banned
Surely it is self published on PC right and Kojima owns the IP?

If not it will be weird seeing ' Sony Computer Entertainment Presents' on a PC game

Maybe it will be "Silent Hills" and not Silent Hills. No reason they can't get Reedus and del Toro to do a horror game with no reference to Silent Hill. PT didn't look or feel like Silent Hill anyway.

careksims

Ah nice to hear. I'll get it first on PS4 and then PC later on. Pretty much double-dipping all of Kojima's game. Can't wait for something non-MGS from him!

BadWolf

Maybe it will be "Silent Hills" and not Silent Hills. No reason they can't get Reedus and del Toro to do a horror game with no reference to Silent Hill. PT didn't look or feel like Silent Hill anyway.

And give Konami ammo to go after them?

A brand new project would be the safest bet right now, the last thing they need as a new studio is to be stuck in a legal battle over their first project.

FLAguy954

As long as it is coming to PC, I will be happy. Bring on the UE4 powered spiritual successor to Policenauts and Snatcher, co-directed by Del Toro.

"Konami was a mistake. They are nothing but trash. "

I agree. At least Kojima is being clear about an eventual PC release, unlike Square Enix and their vague 'first to PS4' bullshit with the Final Fantasy 7 remake.

cheesekao

I agree. At least Kojima is being clear about an eventual PC release, unlike Square Enix and their vague 'first to PS4' bullshit with the Final Fantasy 7 remake.
First to PS4 literally means PS4 gets it first and any other platform stands a chance of getting it at a later date. How exactly is that in any way bullshit?

Wonder if these people consider Scalebound a moneyhat too.

To be honest personally I'm sitting back and gonna watch scalebound. I see it being like the other gens with Microsoft they make a few eastern games and they don't sell and they drop them like a ton of bricks. I just don't think Microsoft sales expectations are going to line up with reality on this and they will drop them just like all the other gens it's sad really some of the jrpgs on 360 where really good.

Top Bottom