• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

Pejo

Gold Member
I like this design way more than I should. I think it scratches that old toy itch from when I was a kid. Totally over the top, but the sharp angles make it "cool" in my mind.

wildfire

Banned
For reference, Amano's depiction of Batman:

6A9U6Ul.jpg

Shouldn't this posted in Off Topic with the title "Batman Sure is Looking Good These Days."

Valnen

I like this design way more than I should. I think it scratches that old toy itch from when I was a kid. Totally over the top, but the sharp angles make it "cool" in my mind.
Too many people think something has to be simple or minimalistic to be good. Just look at all the custom cover art for games on the internet. So much of it is so minimalistic and boring. I like designs like this and I'm not ashamed.

VariantX

Woah, that is totally Bat-haumut.

The cape is what kills this design for me. At least there are things to like about it like the mask.

tbm24

This batman is more believable to do all the things batman does for as long as he doesn, than the regular outfit.

This is a good joke.

Also hilariously succinct on how him and his games are more about trying to look cool that have any actual meaningful, or even cohesive story
I guess what you say is true, if you ignore nearly every game made by other guys.

I forgot it cool to hate on him here.

Vamphuntr

Pretty dumb design. It looks like the armors the characters wear in Birth By Sleep but worse. Why does he have arms on his back?

farisr

the claws are what kills it for me. Otherwise it looks pretty cool to me (as a design, not as Batman).

Quick (bad) photoshop to remove the claws.

Cape needs a little more weight, some more "cloth" would make it look better.

zma1013

It's a cool design for sure, but my problem with it is that if you didn't tell me it was Batman, I would not think it was Batman.

dlauv

It's like a classic Japanese superhero wearing Final Fantasy armor.

It's over the top and ridiculous considering precedent but I kind of like it. If I were a criminal I would be more afraid of this thing than of regular Batman.

I have to wonder if some of you guys even like comics. If I saw any Batman comic with this shit on the cover, I'd be freaking out. Looks very cool.

The arms are cool, and are an interesting spin-off of real bat anatomy.

If they were connected to the wings they might be.

hemo memo

Gold Member
It's like a classic Japanese superhero wearing Final Fantasy armor.

It's over the top and ridiculous considering precedent but I kind of like it. If I were a criminal I would be more afraid of this thing than of regular Batman.

Regular Batman is a bat, this thing is.. I don't know what it is and criminals gonna laugh and forget the job they plan to do.

dlauv

Regular Batman is a bat, this thing is.. I don't know what it is and criminals gonna laugh and forget the job they plan to do.

Regular Batman is a guy playing ninja with pointy ears and a cape. Honestly I'm not sure I'd know what he was trying to look like unless he told who he was before me dropping me off of a building. I guess he has the whole spooky "probably psychotic" aspect to him.

This thing looks like a hi-tech demon made of metal-y bits and claws that snatch. If he did have a keyblade, and I'm sure he'd have four and use them like Grievous, I'd still probably run.

Tizoc

Well, look, I'm all for the argument that the Nomura design is overly gaudy, but do people really think that actual criminals wouldn't laugh when blocked by a man dressed like this?
3847551-9865926659-batma.jpg

Not after he gives them heart attacks and makes thm fear their shadows.

Top Bottom