• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Crytek Not Paying Staff On Time, Ryse Sequel Dropped

The God

A part of me is hoping that this all one big elaborate ploy to throw us all off and make us think that there's little to no hope for a sequel, and then Ryse 2 gets announced at Gamescom in Germany, which I think is where Crytek main HQ is located.

You really think a Ryse sequel would be worth such a PR stunt?

Three Frankfurt employees say they've watched Crytek co-founders Cevat and Avni Yerli continue to drive their Ferrari sports cars to work over the past few months, which one source called "a slap in the face" to employees who weren't getting paid on time. One former employee added that the company spent a ton of money on expensive chairs, laptop bags, and other studio perks, including first-class flight tickets for high-level employees.
Fucking scum. I hope the Yerli brothers crash and burn.

Mononoke

Banned
A part of me is hoping that this all one big elaborate ploy to throw us all off and make us think that there's little to no hope for a sequel, and then Ryse 2 gets announced at Gamescom in Germany, which I think is where Crytek main HQ is located.

lol, why would they take such a negative PR hit (not paying staff), just to surprise announce a sequel? That's insane.

Fucking scum. I hope the Yerli brothers crash and burn.

252649.gif

lolwut?

While Nintendo's CEO's are willing to cut their own salaries to alleviate financial problems, these people ride in Ferrari's in front of their unpaid employees. What part of it is not scummy?

They are definitely scums but hoping they would crash and burn is a little overboard.
i know you were probably joking.

soultron

Banned

I don't know why any military would opt for a company like Crytek when Bohemia already has tonnes of assets and scenarios ready to go in things like Arma 1/2/3. As a base for military training stuff, I think the Arma offerings are closer to what a military would want, right down to a more realistic ballistics simulation with their small arms -- no doubt Bohemia would have to add and tailor make some assets and scenarios though. I don't know if Bohemia does stuff like this, but they'd seem like a more natural fit than Crytek.

Top Bottom