• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Guardian delayed

mdubs

Banned
jschreier claims another one

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

which exclusive PS4 game hasn't been hit with a delay after the launch? seems like this happens all the time now.

It seems like everytime Sony puts out a release date for their AAA games they always get delayed. Now notice how Sony isn't doing that anymore but instead with "In development."

CiWfKZt.png

which exclusive PS4 game hasn't been hit with a delay after the launch? seems like this happens all the time now.
Shadowfall, mlbt

Would be a nice lost to see what has been delayed and each dealers date it has had

Guardian
Gt
Horizon
Uc4

There have been more but not sure which or how many

Lady Gaia

Which exclusive PS4 game looked like it was shipped half-baked but had an enormous amount of potential if only it had another couple of months? Listening to the Giant Bombcast crew's assessment of ReCore makes it abundantly obvious why hitting dates for the sake of hitting dates isn't a good idea.

Sure, if it's obvious a title isn't going to improve significantly even given extra time eventually you have to cut the cord and let it go. The Order, anyone? On the other hand, if it looks like you've got something special that just needs more time then it's much better to delay the release and give it the time it needs.

Which exclusive PS4 game looked like it was shipped half-baked but had an enormous amount of potential if only it had another couple of months? Listening to the Giant Bombcast crew's assessment of ReCore makes it abundantly obvious why hitting dates for the sake of hitting dates isn't a good idea.

Sure, if it's obvious a title isn't going to improve significantly even given extra time eventually you have to cut the cord and let it go. The Order, anyone? On the other hand, if it looks like you've got something special that just needs more time then it's much better to delay the release and give it the time it needs.

they had 9 years to nail this release date and its mind boggling that they weren't able to do it.

At this point I actually wonder how many people anticipating The Last Guardian actually were old enough to play the PS2 for any great amount of time and experience the two former games. I mean, I know this website skews a bit older and it seems like the only thing this game is known for now is its delays rather than the former two games.

Lady Gaia

they had 9 years to nail this release date and its mind boggling that they weren't able to do it.

It's only mind boggling if you've never worked on a major software project, if you believe one team has worked steadily on it the whole time, and if you don't consider the late addition of Pro mode a factor.

silva1991

. Now notice how Sony isn't doing that anymore but instead with "In development."

CiWfKZt.png

Christ. maybe sony should skip E3 next year or maybe show 0 new games there until 2018.

maybe when it's 2018 they will have the decency to announce new games that are actually releasing not so far from announcement.

really getting sick of those way too early announcements.

Christ. maybe sony should skip E3 next year or maybe show 0 new games there until 2018.

maybe when it's 2018 they will have the decency to announce new games that are actually releasing not so far from announcement.

Or maybe you'll adjust your expectations to what E3 is.

pelican

I know I am jumping the gun, but I can't help but feel TLG is going to be a clusterfuck. I also reckon that it is a good candidate for a late "couple of weeks before launch" delay into 2017.

I know I am jumping the gun, but I can't help but feel TLG is going to be a clusterfuck. I also reckon that it is a good candidate for a late "couple of weeks before launch" delay into 2017.

I wouldn't mind that. Call me crazy but I'm convinced this year is cursed.

#2016yearofnightmares

Lady Gaia

I know I am jumping the gun, but I can't help but feel TLG is going to be a clusterfuck.

I can find arguments either way. If it was obvious at this point that the game was never going to be significantly better I suspect they'd just stick with the announced release date. Delaying it says that those in charge of the purse strings think it's worth putting in the extra time and effort. Unfortunately it's also true that it could simply be a technical train wreck and completely unshippable at this point. I hope not.

dracula_x

please calm down. I really don't see any problem with that, just play other games instead.

Screw that. I hope Sony keeps doing what they're doing.

Agree, they should stop announcing games years before release just to "blow E3" or whatever else reason. Sony should concentrate on games that releasing soon, creating hype way too early is a double-edged sword, they could get big sales but final game simply could not live up to the hype.

Zedox

I haven't played the other titles (yet...yea, I know, I got stuff to catch up on) but if the Last Gaurdian doesn't have a trophy titled "Delayed"...then someone really dropped the ball. :)

dracula_x

Agree, they should stop announcing games years before release just to "blow E3" or whatever else reason. Sony should concentrate on games that releasing soon, creating hype way too early is a double-edged sword, they could get big sales but final game simply could not live up to the hype.

Actually many publishers do the same these days – EA (Star Wars game, Mass Effect Andromeda), Ubisoft (For Honor, Division), and even Nintendo (Zelda and Xenoblade for Wii U also were announced "too early").

Edit: Indie developers also have the same issue it seems. For example, The Witness - announced in 2013, released in 2016.

the problem today is that there is no law against companies who breach the phycological contract with the consumers

so they can promise you with lies and get your money early (pre-orders; buying consoles in anticipation of certain games etc)

Actually many publishers do the same these days – EA (Star Wars game, Mass Effect Andromeda), Ubisoft (For Honor, Division), and even Nintendo (Zelda and Xenoblade for Wii U also were announced "too early").

Edit: Indie developers also have the same issue it seems. For example, The Witness - announced in 2013, released in 2016.
I didn't say that Sony is the only one who doing this. And it's still doesn't mean that this is a good thing. For example, early announcement of Mirrors Edge 2 didn't helped game to become a massive hit, and and who knows how ME:A will turn out.

Top Bottom