• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Halo 4 Gameplay

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah that pistol just looks like a Grenade launcher with a bigger screen.

Kinda sad, I really liked the model for the grenade launcher though. T'was badass.

So far, there seems to be nothing in the multiplayer that is indicative of a new "faction" or threat that is supposedly in the majority of the campaign...

siddhu33

So far, there seems to be nothing in the multiplayer that is indicative of a new "faction" or threat that is supposedly in the majority of the campaign...
Multiplayer is just Spartans v Spartans. The whole "new threat" stuff is for campaign and spartan ops (new episodic cooperative mode, with weekly missions, supposed to be firefight, and some more)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they haven't shown off anything of the new enemy. The enemies themselves, their weapons, their vehicles -- nothing. I fully expect those type of reveals at E3, though.

darthbob

Sprinting animation, BR and AR reload animations are the same as Reach AR, Pistol reload animation, melee animation, etc.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I was just thinking the look would be completely new.

The game isn't due for release until November.

ಠ_ಠ

GrizzNKev

Banned
Draw/reload animations for returning weapons look almost identical.

edit - fucking beaten

and 343...y u no use cocking animations every time the weapons are drawn. that's a huge part of why the CE pistol was so gnarly

I would think it's just not implemented yet, Reach did a fantastic job with those animations.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't a single-player reveal confirmed for E3? Pretty high chance to see the new enemies then.
Yup. I don't think they'll show off a lot necessarily, but we'll definitely get something.

TheOddOne

I'll post this here for the sake of discussion here too. Some stuff I capped:
Hits:

j2lMulKvpOQFl.jpeg

Weird looking armor:

jRPUnE7FvFkn7.jpeg

Killcam:

jwvpb6P0AAqUq.jpeg

Gun:

jbw0LuNRlvU8Wz.jpeg

Fall damage:

i8uJPJytnc3CE.gif

Wasn't a single-player reveal confirmed for E3? Pretty high chance to see the new enemies then.

Yeah campaign is during the Microsoft confrence Monday. Pretty sure multiplayer is Tuesday night on Gametrailers.

I'm sure they'll show off the new enemies, can't imagine they wouldn't.

I would think it's just not implemented yet, Reach did a fantastic job with those animations.

Yeah I actually like those animations. Not too flashy but still really meaty and satisfying.

Just wish the flashier draw animations are used every time. I can switch back and forth to the CE pistol all day long just to see that badass cocking animation. It'd be nice if Halo 4 weapons are similar.

Kibbles

Campaign Demo @ Conference. Spartan Ops on GTTV, and Multiplayer on the show floor. (Judging that based off Kiki's comments in the bulletin about how you'll be playing it if you are at E3, and those CyReN posts about MLG)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
bs angel heavily hinted at a new enemy reveal at E3 in the weekly bulletin yesterday.

In an effort to not spoil any of the upcoming reveals (Spartan Ops and gameplay and new enemies, oh my!), I’m going to stop talking about E3 and switch gears to a subject many of you are already well-versed in: Halo 4 pre-order bonuses.

KageMaru

and 343...y u no use cocking animations every time the weapons are drawn. that's a huge part of why the CE pistol was so gnarly

Not enough memory.

I bet they show off the first level, the same one GI saw a few months back. I also don't think they'll show anything more than a hint or tease regarding the new enemy. Seems like they want to keep it fresh for people playing day one, similar to the flood in halo 1 or the arbiter in halo 2.

Conference will be campaign, GTTV special instead is spartan ops. Confirmed by Keighley

I'm ok with this, with the focus on Halo 4 this year I'd doubt they'll only show Convenant.

Other thoughts;
- I really like that map.
- AR buffed considerably, unless the video has been sped up (hard to tell)
- Still doesn't look like CoD.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yeah I actually like those animations. Not too flashy but still really meaty and satisfying.

Just wish the flashier draw animations are used every time. I can switch back and forth to the CE pistol all day long just to see that badass cocking animation. It'd be nice if Halo 4 weapons are similar.
You dont go in battle with out being lock and loaded so the no cocking animation make sense ;)

It's hard to make out, but I'm not sure if I like the killcam. It sucks to get sniped by someone you have no clue where they are, but that's part of the charm of hunting them down.

Killcam? as in actual replay of the kill from the enemy eyes? I thought activision had a lock down on that stuff with patents and shit,

Killcam? as in actual replay of the kill from the enemy eyes? I thought activision had a lock down on that stuff with patents and shit,

Its in many games. Two that come to mind are Crysis 2 and more recently Ghost Recon. It will be weird to see them in Halo for sure, but ive always liked kill cams for when im really confused as to how i died. But most of the time in CoD i just skip them by hitting X.

The game isn't due for release until November.

ಠ_ಠ

It's pretty much all done by now, I think. At this point they won't be adding any new animations and stuff. Unless the beta is a very old build and all that stuff changed months ago, I don't see 'em being any different for release.

Not that I mind, I'm just sayin'.

Its in many games. Two that come to mind are Crysis 2 and more recently Ghost Recon. It will be weird to see them in Halo for sure, but ive always liked kill cams for when im really confused as to how i died. But most of the time in CoD i just skip them by hitting X.

If one thing it shows how bad p2p connections can be.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Agreed, looks like Halo 4 is going to continue the recent trend of mixing things up while retaining a few core gameplay elements. I can't wait to see the official previews.

I agree, but I think he was trying to be sarcastic.

I agree, but I think he was trying to be sarcastic.

What? No way. Why would anyone say something so shortsighted about leaked footage? E3 is days away, we'll soon have a much better picture of the innovation Halo 4 is bringing to the table. I'm pretty sure that was genuine enthusiasm, it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I like how innovative and fresh every Halo game gets.

The only way they could possibly please you is if they "rebooted" the franchise and really did whatever they wanted without basing anything on the passed Halo games. And even then, im sure youd still complain.

Petrichor

Looks excellent. Player movement seems to be a return to more of a Halo 2 / Halo 3 feel, and the new weapons look interesting.

Do we think the weapons in these two screenshots are the same thing? (the railgun?) Can't make up my mind...

alas, return of the spartan laser is disappointing news :/ Surely the sandbox is going to be massive if they're retaining all of these human and covenant weapons from the previous games PLUS a brand new faction?

Top Bottom