• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lebron James Actually Won One For The Land, Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
Love all these Cavs fans getting cocky because they've swept their way through a scub conference. Let me know when they take a game at Oracle.

JDB

Banned
To me golden state has improved far more than the cavs have. 73 wins versus 67 is a lot harder of a jump to make than 53 vs 57. And Curry went from a great shooter last year to insanely good.

One could also argue that the Spurs improved more than the Thunder based off records but we all know how that series turned out. Cleveland has been shooting the ball really good this postseason. The Blazers were able to be competitive with the Warriors because of that. Difference is Cleveland can actually play defense

It's like everyone forgets Cleveland won 2 games with the second best player on the Cavs being Timofey Mozgov..

HeySeuss

It took warriors 6 games against Lebron by himself last year.

I love how people minimize this detail so much. I'm not saying the Cavs will win the finals, but they look like the superior team at the moment. Sure they're playing the Eastern division, but they are playing at a higher level than they've played all year long.

Lebron single handedly won 2 games last year with no supporting cast last year. This year will be the true finals we should have got last year.

Not surprised the Cavs have everyone convinced after their stunning victories over the standout Detroit Pistons and the exceptional Atlanta Hawks. A true proving ground, to be sure.

/s

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
One could also argue that the Spurs improved more than the Thunder based off records but we all know how that series turned out. Cleveland has been shooting the ball really good this postseason. The Blazers were able to be competitive with the Warriors because of that. Difference is Cleveland can actually play defense

It's like everyone forgets Cleveland won 2 games with the second best player on the Cavs being Timofey Mozgov..

The Blazers were competitive because Curry was out.

Fjordson

It's about matchups. Kevin Love vs. a Draymond Green dramatically improved over last year and Kyrie Irving's defense versus the best scorer the NBA's seen in a long time.

Giving the Cavs no chance is silly, I think it'd go 6-7 games for sure, but there's a reason people still consider the Warriors the favourites. Cavs are more talented right now than they were last year without question, but not necessarily in a way that matches up better with the Warriors.

Bronx-Man

Banned
steph1.gif

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!
I love how people minimize this detail so much. I'm not saying the Cavs will win the finals, but they look like the superior team at the moment. Sure they're playing the Eastern division, but they are playing at a higher level than they've played all year long.

Lebron single handedly won 2 games last year with no supporting cast last year. This year will be the true finals we should have got last year.

The finals starting lineup last year was better defensively than the current Cavs lineup.

It is all about match-ups. This Cavs team does not match-up well with the Warriors.

Resilient

lol at ppl thinking GSW is gonna be a walk over in the Finals

these people literally started watching basketball about halfway through last season and made about 50 Curry gifs in the process

Go BasketBall!!

It's about matchups. Kevin Love vs. a Draymond Green dramatically improved over last year and Kyrie Irving's defense versus the best scorer the NBA's seen in a long time.

Giving the Cavs no chance is silly, I think it'd go 6-7 games for sure, but there's a reason people still consider the Warriors the favourites. Cavs are more talented right now than they were last year without question, but not necessarily in a way that matches up better with the Warriors.

Kyrie is going to destroy both of Steph's ankles and his other knee, though

RIP Steph's career.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cleveland and the Factory of Sadness versus the team with the most regular season wins in NBA history?

Yeah no. The loser stink is so strong that Curry could snap his ACL and the Warriors would still win in heartbreaking fashion for Cleveland.

TSM

After all the hubbub during the regular season about the West, the Cavs to me look like the most consistently good team in this post season. Then again the East doesn't have anyone of the caliber of the Spurs, Warriors or Thunder. I never thought I'd be saying this, but the Cavs look like the team to beat right now. It's likely they will sweep the Raptors, and they will face what's left of Warriors or Thunder after what looks to be a brutal series.

Speaking of brutal, the Warriors beat the crap out of Adams all of game 2. That guy is tough.

Seeing posts like this on GAF remind me why I don't come here for sports analysis.

After the shade Lebron tossed Curry's way after the unanimous MVP it would be really, really embarrassing to lose a head to head series.

Really.

Dubs in 5

MrS

Banned
LeBron is a hero and a scholar. This is our year CavsGAF. The title is ours. Im gonna cry.

Lets go LeBron. Lets make history.

LeBron.
Do you just enjoy supporting scumbag franchises and clubs? Is that your thing? In addition to shitposting in the football thread I mean, obviously.

Two Words

Getting to the Finals has never been the problem for Lebron. It's when he has to play against a non-butter soft team that shit goes bad.

This is the easiest path to the finals I've ever seen Lebron or any superstar ever take. The Warriors are going to beat them badly.

Matticers

I think the Cavs will win it this year. I don't want them to but yeah. They're healthy and hungry and the Warriors seem to be at least a tiny bit vulnerable right now.

If they played OKC, it's a sure thing Cleveland wins the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom