• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

D-e-f-

Banned
Swamp Palace is the bottom center dungeon in the Dark World. The place where you have to go to the Light World and pull a lever to change the water level in the dungeon so you can enter it.

http://zeldawiki.org/Great_Swamp
http://zeldawiki.org/Plains_of_Ruin

http://zeldawiki.org/Swamp_of_Evil

Already got plenty of swamps.

I know all this :D

I was referring to the map area where the Palace of Darkness was in ALttP. That loooked swampy in the first Lorule map I saw in the Kotaku video. But in your caps it just looks black like the chasms.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
In the Kotaku footage, the east palace area looked swampy to me because it didn't seem as black. It's really tough to tell. Can't wait to explore every nook and cranny. Somehow it being based around the ALttP maps makes me even more interested in exploring everything since I know that game's map so well.

Agreed. Hell just watching footage makes me all "Hey! That cave is NEW! Awesome!"

And stuff like Sahrharalshsarhaslrlasras's hut being a mini dungeon. I really hope they play a lot with the expectations of veterans :D

Albo

POTENTIAL EARLY GAME SPOILERS

(plot related)
- Yuga turns local sage Ceres into a painting
- Link happens to be delivering a sword to the captain of the palace guard at that time
- Yuga has some connection to Ganon
- she is trying to gather the seven sages in order to free Ganon
(/plot related)

- potions are now made by witches, but can only be brewed if you you track down the right ingredients
- certain enemies will drop items, such as Monster Guts and other ingredients
- you'll need a certain amount to have witches create potions
- at the start, you'll only be able to assign an item to the Y button
- when you find the Pouch, you'll be able to assign an item to the X button as well
- early on you'll find the Hint Glasses
- these allow you to see Hint Ghosts (and possibly other hidden doorways)
- these ghosts demand payment before giving you hints

- you'll obtain the bow early on, as well as the ability to merge with walls as a painting

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...ed-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

Nice!

that kid that looks a little like link
may play an important role in the story also seeing as how he has his own portrait an painting.
zelda_art-7__large.jpg

zelda_art-9__large.jpg
Nintendo released a bunch of other asset artwork recently and there's 8 portraits without paintings, which I'm guessing are for the sages which is a probable further indicator at the amount of dungeons.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
OH god. Hint Glasses? Now I feel like my post about the Hint-Stone was a bit prophetic. :D
Good call Nintendo!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
POTENTIAL EARLY GAME SPOILERS

(plot related)
- she is trying to gather the seven sages in order to free Ganon
(/plot related)

Hmmmm. That seems to imply
this is a sequel to OOT, not LTTP, since LTTP's ending did not involve any sages or sealing. Unless seal is just the wrong word, and they mean "revive" or something, cause Ganon was definitely just blown up at the end of LTTP, not sealed anywhere

Septimius

I really hope the Hint Glasses to see hidden stuff, too. I like to pretend any "hint" items in a game doesn't exist.

Nice!

that kid that looks a little like link
may play an important role in the story also seeing as how he has his own portrait an painting.

Nintendo released a bunch of other asset artwork recently and there's 8 portraits without paintings, which I'm guessing are for the sages which is a probable further indicator at the amount of dungeons.
Aren't there only 6 maidens in ALTTP? I think we saw Impa or whoever is in the link attire that looks like the Hyrule equivalent of Yuga get trapped in the painting in this trailer.

Septimius

Thankfully the rule of "just use GameFAQs" should still apply.

edit: sneaky boy!

I know. I realized Nintendo would never try to monetize their hand-holding. They just throw it in our face whether we like it or not.

I bet the hidden stuff will be things you can find anyway, like bombable walls and shit.

That makes sense! Also, yaay, I can pretend they don't exist!

mdtauk

This trailer sold me on the game as well.

I was worried it would be a step back in terms of characterisation and story from the other 3D games, and was concerned that the gameplay would take a step back with "honouring" ALttP.

The trailer has allayed my fears.

D-e-f-

Banned
OH god. Hint Glasses? Now I feel like my post about the Hint-Stone was a bit prophetic. :D
Good call Nintendo!

Well, hint stones existed since OoT 3D.

Hmmmm. That seems to imply
this is a sequel to OOT, not LTTP, since LTTP's ending did not involve any sages or sealing. Unless seal is just the wrong word, and they mean "revive" or something, cause Ganon was definitely just blown up at the end of LTTP, not sealed anywhere

This is probably an issue of poor writing for the original. I just rewatched the ending and
it does say that "you completely destroyed Ganon" and doesn't mention any sages or seals. However, that hasn't stopped any other games from just reviving Ganon. We know for a fact that it is a direct sequel to ALttP. It's gonna be a plot to revive Ganon, i think that much is safe to assume.

Skilletor

This game was not made with love, it literally has no soul.

As opposed to every other videogame which literally burst from the seams with soul?

Or is this one of those stupid, non-quantifiable, vague, useless posts that people with nostalgia for old games use as a pointless insult? Like the word "charm."

Game looks awesome. Trailer rocked the body that rocked the party.

RagnarokX

This is probably an issue of poor writing for the original. I just rewatched the ending and
it does say that "you completely destroyed Ganon" and doesn't mention any sages or seals. However, that hasn't stopped any other games from just reviving Ganon. We know for a fact that it is a direct sequel to ALttP. It's gonna be a plot to revive Ganon, i think that much is safe to assume.

This isn't even the first sequel to ALttP. Twinrova tried to and partially did revive him in the Oracle games.

He got revived somehow in Zelda 1, and in AoL the cult of Ganon was trying to revive him again using Link's blood.

Plus the maidens in ALttP are essentially sages.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Well, I was talking about a portable item :p. Not the Sheikah stones

Top Bottom