• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Jurassic World coming in June 2015 and LEGO Marvel's Avengers in Autumn

Roto13

Lego Marvel was the only Lego game I've ever been interested in, and I liked it a LOT, mostly because I'm a huge Marvel fan and that game had the fucking Merry Marvel Marching Society music in it.

If Lego Avengers is basically Lego Marvel 2 (the way Lego Batman is really Lego DC), then I'll be happy. And even if it really is just Avengers, I'll probably buy it anyway.

18-Volt

My guesses are:
2016:
Lego Star Wars 4: Rebels
Lego Scooby Doo
Lego X-men

2017:
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Lego Justice League
Lego Middle Earth Complete Collection (with Battle of Five Armies)

2018:
Lego Star Wars 5 (includes Episodes VII and VIII plus spinoff movie)
Lego Toy Story (all 4 movies)
Lego Avengers 2

My guesses for possible future Lego licenses: Looney Tunes, Fantastic Creatures & where to find them, James Bond, Adventures of Tintin and Doctor Who.

Game Guru

LEGO Jurassic World was... expected but should be fun since it will likely allow you to explore both islands as the open world.

LEGO Avengers... No, not really feeling it since there isn't enough characters in the MCU alone to match the number of characters in the previous game, especially since the prior game had all the characters that are even currently announced for movies in the MCU even besides maybe a couple of the lesser known Inhumans. It also suffers from making the Avengers into the Spotlight-Stealing Squad like Batman is for DC. The MCU is also not conductive to a open world either since each movie takes place in separate places and/or times.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Disappointing that they downscaled from Lego Marvel to just Avengers. (Unless it is just a title and we will see other characters)

Also would be amazing to see Lego Marvel vs. DC eventually.

Well, LEGO Batman 2 did have the entire Justice League and then some. I think it's just more of a name thing instead of just calling it "LEGO Marvel 2."

I'm super excited for both of these games. I love the LEGO series, and me and my wife have a great time playing them. There are so few couch co-op games to play and enjoy these days. Right now, we play Diablo 3, Minecraft, and Terraria couch co-op on PS4. I miss those kinds of games so much...

My main complaint about the LEGO games is that they are still only 2 player couch co-op. They really need to do 4 player. You often have, at the least, 4-8 characters on screen at once. Just let us play with 2 other people, dammit!

Lego Marvel was the only Lego game I've ever been interested in, and I liked it a LOT, mostly because I'm a huge Marvel fan and that game had the fucking Merry Marvel Marching Society music in it.

If Lego Avengers is basically Lego Marvel 2 (the way Lego Batman is really Lego DC), then I'll be happy. And even if it really is just Avengers, I'll probably buy it anyway.

Yep Lego Marvel was my first Lego game and I loved it to death.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Also, if they were clever, they'd give us a playable "LEGO Mr. DNA" sequence in the early part of the Park Tour for JP1, where we get to run around, assembling DNA strands from Amber and Frogs to assemble a dinosaur.

Neoxon

My guesses are:
2016:
Lego Scooby Doo
Lego Marvel 2

2017:
Lego Justice League

2018:
Lego Avengers 2

My guesses for possible future Lego licenses: Looney Tunes, Fantastic Creatures & where to find them, James Bond, Adventures of Tintin and Doctor Who.
FTFY. They probably won't make an X-Men game, either Avengers or Marvel as a whole. And even then, I think the Avengers will have the rest of the MCU as either cameos, side characters, or unlockables.

Philippo

LEGO Jurassic World will have Chris Pratt guaranteed. LEGO Avengers will depend on if you can obtain the Guardians in it.

Maybe even his character from Lego movie.
I can already hear the complaints "this man is in every lego game i play!"

jooso

I was going to buy Lego Marvel Super Heroes soonish, but I might just wait a bit and buy both of them later this year. Even if all Lego games have mostly the same gameplay. One for me and one for the fiancée.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
cmon Lego ghostbusters...surely soon especially with the new film coming out

Already been done, sort of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-tEz3CofJs

I really can't imagine what benefits being current-gen only would have for these games on a technological standpoint, or even game design. LEGO games are LEGO games, and for a series so reliant on kids, forcing parents to buy a whole new system is a surefire way to kill the momentum for the series, especially after how it exploded all over again with Marvel Superheroes.

I really wish the series would go full LEGO, even more so than the game for the movie, which still had textures instead of geometry for some stuff. But yeah, early adopters are not driving sales for these games.

mreddie

LEGO Avengers... No, not really feeling it since there isn't enough characters in the MCU alone to match the number of characters in the previous game, especially since the prior game had all the characters that are even currently announced for movies in the MCU even besides maybe a couple of the lesser known Inhumans. It also suffers from making the Avengers into the Spotlight-Stealing Squad like Batman is for DC. The MCU is also not conductive to a open world either since each movie takes place in separate places and/or times.

It's likely gonna have MCU people and might likely go through all the MCU films which could be interesting.

LEGO Batman 3 only had 7-8 playable characters through it's story, I'm sure Avengers might be different.

Neoxon

I was going to buy Lego Marvel Super Heroes soonish, but I might just wait a bit and buy both of them later this year. Even if all Lego games have mostly the same gameplay. One for me and one for the fiancée.
Lego Avengers is likely gonna be MCU-specific up to the end of Phase 2 (I.E. Ant-Man). If you're big on Guardians like I am, Star-Lord's costume in Lego Marvel is absolute shit, but Lego Marvel will probably have the bigger roster.

I think you are fairly off on a bunch of these.

My guesses are:
2016:
Lego Scooby Doo
Lego X-men

I agree there will be a Lego Star Wars in 2016. I don't think it will be the Rebels since the plan Lego sets don't feature them. Scooby Doo, like the simpsons is a one time thing aimed at older collectors. It will never be a major push.

Also, Lego X-men will never happen. Marvel / DC is burying the X-men until they get the rights back from fox so you won't see dedicated X-men sets. Also its a DC year. Lego has a big line of Dawn of Justice sets so I expect that to be the tie in.

I believe you will only see Lego Star Wars based on VII and Lego Dawn of Justice.

If there is a third game, Maybe Lego Minecraft.

2017:
Lego Justice League

This I don't see at all. First, Lego has no plans for any new pirates sets. No Justice League because its a Marvel year. THAT SAID, Lego Batman from the Lego Movie is getting his own movie so they might do both with Lego Batman being more general Lego that super hero / DC universe. Last, Lego is letting the license for Middle Earth expire so no new sets. My guess:

Lego Batman The Movie
Lego Marvel Guardians
Lego Ninjago

2018:
Lego Avengers 2

At this point, who knows if Lego games are still selling. I love them but people talk about burn out from COD and only one of those come out a year. Plus we really don't know what Lego is going to push. We know that Lego The Movie is coming out then so that is sure to be a game. Lego Star Wars the third trilogy seems likelt as well.

18-Volt

I agree there will be a Lego Star Wars in 2016. I don't think it will be the Rebels since the plan Lego sets don't feature them. Scooby Doo, like the simpsons is a one time thing aimed at older collectors. It will never be a major push.

Also, Lego X-men will never happen. Marvel / DC is burying the X-men until they get the rights back from fox so you won't see dedicated X-men sets. Also its a DC year. Lego has a big line of Dawn of Justice sets so I expect that to be the tie in.

I believe you will only see Lego Star Wars based on VII and Lego Dawn of Justice.

If there is a third game, Maybe Lego Minecraft.

I think you're a little off too. First of all, I can't see Lego Dawn of Justice happening, If there will be a movie tie-in lego game that would be Batman 3. WB won't make a lego game for just one movie.

Lego Minecraft is not happening either, after MS buyout of Mojang and Minecraft license.

Lego Star Wars VII is another weird thing, a Lego game just for one movie. I mean Hobbit had 2 movies and was icredibly empty. A lego game just for 1 movie after movie screening sounds a little off. If there's not going to be a Rebels game, they'll make a lego game for VII + spinoff together.

As for Scooby Doo, it's pretty possible. Warner Bros is in charge of Lego Video games and since Scooby is their own franchise, I totally can see a video game for it.

This I don't see at all. First, Lego has no plans for any new pirates sets. No Justice League because its a Marvel year. THAT SAID, Lego Batman from the Lego Movie is getting his own movie so they might do both with Lego Batman being more general Lego that super hero / DC universe. Last, Lego is letting the license for Middle Earth expire so no new sets.

We don't know if there's going to be new Pirates or Toy Story sets buy Lego has very good relations with Disney, I expect them to release tie in sets for both movies. Same goes for Middle Earth, they may let toy license expire but they still have other licenses from Warner Bros. It'd be similar to Lego Indiana Jones 2 video game, which was released after Lego toy license expired. Also licensed Lego games are selling better than other Lego games (Ninjago, Movie, City) so they might just focus on licensed stuff only.

Adentures of Tintin is another contender for Lego sets & video game. Rumor has it Peter Jackson is looking for more merchandise for next movie to increase popularity and Lego license is best for that since he tried to reach them for first movie but failed because it was a little late (Nanoblocks got the "building toy" license and made awesome sets). Too bad Megabloks has Avatar license.

I think the Lego games are too samey personally but I will buy Jurassic World just to support dinosaur games.

I love Lego games. The fan service is great, but it is basically the same game over and over again. I'd love to have both of these day one, but I can't see myself paying more than $20 for either.

Top Bottom