• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Jurassic World coming in June 2015 and LEGO Marvel's Avengers in Autumn

Ridley327

No, The Hobbit used dialogue from the movies.

It also only covered the first two movies, which is ridiculous. They should've at least done the third as DLC.

On topic: How do they churn these out so damn fast?

Well, it's not like they really need to make massive tweaks to the formula, so that helps.

That being said, TT Games is a big studio with a lot of teams.

I have to buy both of this, now!

I now have a lego woody

woodfigure.jpg

DON'T GO IN THE LONG TECHNIC BEAMS

Good stuff. I was thinking when playing Lego Marvel that it would be good to get a game that spoofed the movies.
Also
helicarrier.jpg

Xis

I'm surprised they didn't announce another LEGO Hobbit; the released game only covers the first two movies.

Dredd97

We need more LEGO games based on movie franchises ...

Where's my LEGO alien
Or where my LEGO ghostbusters or
LEGO Police Academy ?

;)

I loved Lego Marvel, only game I've platinum'd on PS4. I wanted a sequel badly.

I'm interested, but it sounds like Avengers would have a much smaller cast of characters than Lego Marvel, which is a shame. Wish it was the full comic universe instead.

MAtgS

This!

I don't know why people like these Lego crap so much

Hey, I would totally be for the great definitive Jurassic Park game. I still hope for the definitive Harry Potter game or ND finally straight up making a proper Indiana Jones game.

But all that is just wishful thinking. The reality is that the lego licensed games generally tend to do better at adapting properties than other games based on those properties. The other Harry Potter games for example are pretty much all crap (when the best game in your IP is a GBC title, you done fucked up). As much I like to see the one great Harry Potter game, it ain't happening. This is basically why I want Lego TMNT, I have zero faith that Activision would ever put out a game that would be better than it.

Also I'm guessing why some people want Lego Marvel vs. DC is because in all honesty that's probably the only way a Marvel vs. DC game in any form will ever happen.

Can't we finally get a Lego Pixar game or sorts? TT were the developers of most Pixar games back in the day. Maybe we'll finally see Lego Toy Story when Toy Story 4 hits in 2017?

Gameboy415

Awesome! Definitely going to grab LEGO Jurassic World at launch! :D

LEGO Avengers sounds interesting too, but if it's just based on the two movies it seems like it might be a scaled back version of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.
Are non-Avengers characters going to be playable again? Namely, is Spider-Man going to be in it?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so a Lego Avengers from WB but no Lego Justice League yet (Lego Batman 2/3 don't count as JL) this is funny.

TimFL

Yeah, sounds like a step backwards.

The real step backwards was the crap overworld system they had in LEGO Batman 3. I want a real open world, not this tiny planet crap they have.

They were supposed to released the third movie as DLC...but TTGames has been silent ever since.

This was never officially confirmed. Some guy attending a Toy event spread that rumor and everyone picked it up and labelled it as official news.

I still hope there's a DLC coming.

Anyways, day 1 as always for me for LEGO JP and LEGO Avengers (especially LEGO Avengers, the LEGO Marvel story was really lackluster and the overworld was boring. I always wanted them to follow the MCU).

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I would've preferred LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, but I guess Avengers is the stronger brand right now, gotta go with what's hot.

Would've been amazing if it was a LEGO Marvel Cinematic Universe game instead. Imagine if the levels were being based on Guardians, Iron Man 1-3, Cap 1-2, Thor 1-2, Hulk, and the Avengers 1-2. That sounds so much better than just Avengers 1 and 2.

ta155

I believe the final LEGO DLC for the final Hobbit film will probably be released alongside the Blu-Ray, so around April. The main game came out to coincide with the Smaug Blu-Ray so would make sense.

As for Jurassic Park, I'm super hyped.

Avengers, too. I understand the concern that it's an inherent step back from LEGO Marvel, but I really like how they've been doing their film adaptation games recently with the voices and audio ripped straight from the films so I'm looking forward to it.

Reckon 2016's LEGO games will see the return of Star Wars.

TimFL

I would've preferred LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, but I guess Avengers is the stronger brand right now, gotta go with what's hot.

Would've been amazing if it was a LEGO Marvel Cinematic Universe game instead. Imagine if the levels were being based on Guardians, Iron Man 1-3, Cap 1-2, Thor 1-2, Hulk, and the Avengers 1-2. That sounds so much better than just Avengers 1 and 2.

I could see them doing the one-shot DLC thingy they did for LEGO Batman 3. Every DLC could come with a few costumes from that movie/franchise and a key scene (like the Dark Knight DLC had nurse Joker, Bane etc. and the Joker chase as a mission).

Endless opportunities to milk the consumers (milk me please, getting the season pass day 1).

Disappointing that they downscaled from Lego Marvel to just Avengers. (Unless it is just a title and we will see other characters)

Also would be amazing to see Lego Marvel vs. DC eventually.

I kinda doubt they'd go backwards from a Marvel universe as a whole game to one limited to just the Avengers movies.

My guess is that it might be based on the first two movies for maybe half the game, but then expand on them with the other Marvel characters.

I've only played a little bit of the Lego Marvel game (it's free on the Nvidia Shield GRID game streaming service), but so far it's one of my favorite LEGO games since LEGO Star Wars 3. It really helps to have such a huge selection of unique characters to choose from with individual animations and powers.

FoneBone

I would think it'd be Avengers movies + MCU "greatest hits." I don't think the Avengers movies alone offer enough in terms of levels or characters.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
I could see them doing the one-shot DLC thingy they did for LEGO Batman 3. Every DLC could come with a few costumes from that movie/franchise and a key scene (like the Dark Knight DLC had nurse Joker, Bane etc. and the Joker chase as a mission).

Endless opportunities to milk the consumers (milk me please, getting the season pass day 1).

Unfortunately, I only have WIi U at the moment, so... I don't think it will get any of the DLC, which sucks.

Brofield

Feels So Good with Jurassic World.

Going in on Wii U, which honestly is a surprise because I thought even Lego gave up on Wii U.

Can't wait for my dinosaur resurgence in all consumable media
Still not giving up hope for season 2 of Terra Nova

DarkPhoenix

Neo Member
I'm excited for the Jurassic Park one, the Avengers will need to improve a lot of the first one, I mean I love Lego Marvel but I feel like this one will be just extra missions.

I'm also excited that they're bringing Batman 3 and Lego City to the iPad, Marvel: Universe in Peril is such a great game, and I bought it just for $0.99USD.

Top Bottom