• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rhaegar

Got through the 2nd bag of Quinjet before I had to call it a night. Really interesting build so far, and I have a sneaking feeling this beast is going to come together really nicely in the end.

I collect Super Heroes sets mostly, so I'm used to some lackluster builds, but I can already tell this is some next level shit.

Got through the 2nd bag of Quinjet before I had to call it a night. Really interesting build so far, and I have a sneaking feeling this beast is going to come together really nicely in the end.

I collect Super Heroes sets mostly, so I'm used to some lackluster builds, but I can already tell this is some next level shit.

8I5Qwmk.gif

You think it's good now, just wait until the wings get put on. So glad the Quinjet influence keeps spreading.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn it. After a (for me) relatively lacklustre town hall and cinema, and my son wanting space in his room back, I was looking at packing away the modulars and focusing on SW and other expert creator sets.

But that restaurant is just beautiful and I wants it.

So I'm wondering why LEGO GAF likes the space swarmer so much? I love Galaxy Squad... But not the alien bugs ...don't hurt me!
It's a small and quick build, but good SNOT work and character to it. For me it is the price to fun ratio that makes me love it.

However, Hive Crawler still reigns. Did you get that one yet?

rallaren

Cool; a, or the, new thread.

Galactic Titan and Bug Obliterator are now in my grasp. Will proceed to build soon.

bedlamite

The Parisian restaurant is epic, and a must-buy for me. Will look good next to the fire brigade and pet shop(backlogged).

wetwired

W00T new thread!

what a way to start it too, great OP and an amazing looking new modular, I think the Parisian restaurant might be a contender for my favourite so far if the build is half as good as it looks.

Had to rush out the door for the Lego expo and I forgot to take the camera, my wife turned up with it later but only really managed to find time to get shots of my display, I'll have to get photos of the rest on Monday.

Also all exhibitors got the log cabin set for free :)

I'm still selling my 8043 Motorized Excavator. I got an offer for the VW Camper and cash in-between. Somewhat tempted, but I really don't know what I would do with it. I still think a cash offer is better, so I can put it away for buying something like the restaurant without a second thought.

Random question: are the Technic figures to scale with the camper?

iuuk

http://youtu.be/r_VroKcBFqE
Ok, that does it, it does indeed look good in every aspect (but the colour). Every time I get close to collecting them all they announce a new one I desperatly want. This is true for exclusives, the architecture series and now modulars.
Thank God I'm done with Star Wars as soon as they release (and I buy) a regular sized B-Wing.

I guess the planets are done for?

wetwired

Photobomb incoming!

Not happy with the photos as they were taken in a hurry, I missed a few things too like Raphael undercover, the A-Team van close up and the Terminator.

Overview of my display by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Batman vs Bane by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Batman, Commission Gordon, John Blake and a ton of cops facing down Bane's army by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Bane, Talia and their henchmen by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Joker watching over by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Catwoman on the Batpod by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Sean Connery from The Untouchables providing backup for batman by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Marty Mcfly and the Delorean and the A-Team van up the back. by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Doc Brown and the clock tower by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ecto-1 outside the haunted house by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters on the job by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Peter Venkman by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Spengler in the overgrown haunted house gardens by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Keymaster and the Gatekeeper by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Indiana Jones lost in the haunted house gardens by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Hulk out of control by Brent Waller, on Flickr

DC Superheroes by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Jack Nicholson Joker, Riddler, Harley Quinn and some clown henchman with Vicki Vale by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Blues Brothers by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Iron Man and War Machine patrolling by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Mulder and Scully uncover the truth by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Superman vs General Zod by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Some Alien Xenomorphs and a doomed clean up crew by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ninja Turtles vs Shredder and the Foot Clan — at Ninja Turtles vs Shredder and the Foot Clan. by Brent Waller, on Flickr

TMNT by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Turtle Van by Brent Waller, on Flickr

April O'Neil reporting from the scene by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I knew with all that detail this new modular was a Jamie set! He is the master builder! Now I have a delimma. I still haven't purchased town hall. Bu I really want the restaurant. Dag nab it. That's $360 with of sweet goodness. I need to save my money up.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Photobomb incoming!

Not happy with the photos as they were taken in a hurry, I missed a few things too like Raphael undercover, the A-Team van close up and the Terminator.

Batman vs Bane by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Batman, Commission Gordon, John Blake and a ton of cops facing down Bane's army by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Bane, Talia and their henchmen by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Joker watching over by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Catwoman on the Batpod by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Sean Connery from The Untouchables providing backup for batman by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Marty Mcfly and the Delorean and the A-Team van up the back. by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Doc Brown and the clock tower by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ecto-1 outside the haunted house by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ghostbusters on the job by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Peter Venkman by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Spengler in the overgrown haunted house gardens by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Keymaster and the Gatekeeper by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Indiana Jones lost in the haunted house gardens by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Hulk out of control by Brent Waller, on Flickr

DC Superheroes by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Jack Nicholson Joker, Riddler, Harley Quinn and some clown henchman with Vicki Vale by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Blues Brothers by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Iron Man and War Machine patrolling by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Mulder and Scully uncover the truth by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Superman vs General Zod by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Some Alien Xenomorphs and a doomed clean up crew by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ninja Turtles vs Shredder and the Foot Clan — at Ninja Turtles vs Shredder and the Foot Clan. by Brent Waller, on Flickr

TMNT by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Turtle Van by Brent Waller, on Flickr

April O'Neil reporting from the scene by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Looks just terrible wet. You need to put more detail into your work..... And I am joking. As usual this looks phenomenal. Your skill is amazing. Detail work and thought out into this makes me want to do something amazing like this, but I have no way to top this.

Photobomb incoming!

Brent that is an incredible setup! You have done an incredible job of squeezing in a hundred themes without making it too cluttered or messy. Seriously, fantastic work.

The year on the Town Hall really should be 1955 though ;)

That could very well be the mother of all dioramas! So much detail, so many iconic figures and scenes, and the new buildings meld flawlessly with the modulars.

What's the estimated cost of all that?

iuuk

Photobomb incoming!

Many a picture.
That's still a fantastic set-up and finally one where I can understand all the references.

Yes. They've been replaced with a new small theme. The first scheduled sets are:

75034 Death Star Troopers
75035 Kashyyyk Troopers
75036 Utapau Troopers
75037 Battle on Saleucami
That, however, is not so fantastic. I really liked those planets. Series 4 was really, really good. The new sets sound more like a battle pack reboot.

Alright time to pack up guys, i'm done here welp :(

That is SO awesome Wetwired, makes me feel like no matter what i'll try to build in the future it won't ever stack up to this LOL :((( :))) awesome job!

I'm still selling my 8043 Motorized Excavator. I got an offer for the VW Camper and cash in-between. Somewhat tempted, but I really don't know what I would do with it. I still think a cash offer is better, so I can put it away for buying something like the restaurant without a second thought.

Random question: are the Technic figures to scale with the camper?

Close. It is a bit cramped in a few places.

Pic bomb of doom. Doom's pic bomb.

WOW. Crazy awesome set up.

ghostmind

That, however, is not so fantastic. I really liked those planets. Series 4 was really, really good. The new sets sound more like a battle pack reboot.

Actually those are battle packs. The Planet sets are being replaced by what are now being called "Microfighters". These are small chibi-style vehicles (though larger than the Planet vehicles) paired with a related minifigure. The sets for 1H 2014 are:

75028 Clone Turbo Tank with 501st Clone
75029 AAT with Battle Droid
75030 Millennium Falcon with Han Solo
75031 TIE Interceptor with TIE Pilot
75032 X-Wing Fighter with Pilot
75033 Star Destroyer with Imperial Officer

Also, bravo wetwired! That display is absolutely amazing! I don't know how you are ever going to top it.

Quick question how is the Technic Unimog to build? Got £130 to spend and amazon uk have a good price for it, or should i look at any other Lego sets?

Actually those are battle packs. The Planet sets are being replaced by what are now being called "Microfighters". These are small chibi-style vehicles (though larger than the Planet vehicles) paired with a related minifigure. The sets for 1H 2014 are:

75028 Clone Turbo Tank with 501st Clone
75029 AAT with Battle Droid
75030 Millennium Falcon with Han Solo
75031 TIE Interceptor with TIE Pilot
75032 X-Wing Fighter with Pilot
75033 Star Destroyer with Imperial Officer

Also, bravo wetwired! That display is absolutely amazing! I don't know how you are ever going to top it.

Hmm... Are there pics of these?

Also, placed a huge order at the LEGO Store on Thursday. Both Fall Polybags, the Pumpkin, both new Minecraft sets, a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Duplo set for my daughter, and The Haunted House! Life is a little hectic right now, but I'm aiming to do the Haunted House before Halloween.

On another note, wetwired, your display is amazing. I love every picture.

R-User!

Once again, wetwired... Wow.
Fanatastic display....

...if and when i ever get around to having all my Modulars and MOCs all built at the same time so that I can display them for you all, it will be an echo of a fondly remembered wetwired display... ;)

pizza dog

Banned
Any Seattle GAFfers making it over to BrickCon this weekend? I'm going tomorrow, real pumped. I missed last year's.

Fowler

Woo! New thread!

A new modular, an amazingly comprehensive OP, and a wetwired diorama that destroys all my expectations.

Brilliant start, LEGO-GAF!

neonglow

Here's a picture showing the height of all modular buildings. The Parisian Restaurant is the shortest by a little bit. I really figured the new modular would've been a corner building going with the pattern but guess not.

current_modulars_2013_banner.png

Rhaegar

Heard that there were some restrictions on the latest 10% off Lego Store coupons. Does anyone know if the Winter sets are excluded?

Calm Killer

Here's a picture showing the height of all modular buildings. The Parisian Restaurant is the shortest by a little bit. I really figured the new modular would've been a corner building going with the pattern but guess not.

current_modulars_2013_banner.png

Thanks for this. The pattern dictates that this would not be a corner. We had the theater released last year and it was a corner. We will get two straight and then another corner. The restaurant is the first straight. Cafe corner - green grocer - fire hall - grand emporium - pet shop town hall - cinema - restaurant. This follows the normal pattern.

neonglow

Heard that there were some restrictions on the latest 10% off Lego Store coupons. Does anyone know if the Winter sets are excluded?

They are excluded. All 10xxx sets as well as Architecture Studio and Mindstorm sets can no longer be used with the coupon.

Thanks for this. The pattern dictates that this would not be a corner. We had the theater released last year and it was a corner. We will get two straight and then another corner. The restaurant is the first straight. Cafe corner - green grocer - fire hall - grand emporium - pet shot - town hall - cinema - restaurant. This follows the normal pattern.

You're right. I forgot that the Palace Cinema was a corner since I don't own it yet.

ghostmind

Placing it beside the Town Hall in that comparison pic makes the restaurant look tiny. Here's a cut & paste job I did with some sets more its size:

C6D07f0.png

Ponn

Banned
Holy crap. I take a break from GAF for a day to play KH and we got new Lego thread, freaking awesome modular which is tempting me to dip my toes in and Wetwired's pics of orgasmic brickitude.

just a couple shots depicting that sexy Desperado CMF in his natural habitat:

Desperado vs fearsome Desert Dragon (not brick built unfortunately)

Blizzard

Banned
2,400+ pieces for $189 CDN...that is crazy.

Regular Modulars are $199 up here while Town Hall is $249.

I welcome this change.
Fire Brigade is the only one I own, being sold on Amazon for $150, and if Parisian Restaurant is also $150 then I'm almost certainly getting it. The piece count is higher than Fire Brigade!

Although since the fire station is taller, I fear the restaurant has a million little 1x1 or something. :p

SpeedNut

That restaurant is simply amazing. Fantastic work! It also means I need to start catching up on the modulars as well. I'm sensing I should buy LEGO stock before buying all of these sets...

Top Bottom