• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFKac

A little bit shame that Tearaway is Summer, hoped for a April/May release for it and Tomorrow Children.
But without release dates at this point, was expecting them to be later in the year.

Will Sony have at least a mid tier exclusive in those months? Something slated for that timeframe that I'm missing?

Not really but even if it were true, that doesn't make it niche.
Call it whatever you want then. Give it a label. I asked why Level-5 and Guerrilla's games were being projected to be Q1 and Q2 games. Bloodborne was given as a "counter." It's not a counter. Bloodborne, however you want to label it, is not a game you release in Q4 and probably not in Q3 because of what it would have to go up against. I'm curious why anyone thinks that the Level-5 and Guerilla games belong in the same spot.

Auctopus

It's still quite surprising to me that we haven't heard anything about a Bluepoint developed Uncharted Remastered Collection and if it's ever going to happen now, it's most likely coming after Uncharted 4.

It's so clear that non-Playstation owners from last generation want to play it and especially after the astounding success of TLOU, people are ready to buy anything Naughty Dog.

Call it whatever you want then. Give it a label. I asked why Level-5 and Guerrilla's games were being projected to be Q1 and Q2 games. Bloodborne was given as a "counter." It's not a counter. Bloodborne, however you want to label it, is not a game you release in Q4 and probably not in Q3 because of what it would have to go up against. I'm curious why anyone thinks that the Level-5 and Guerilla games belong in the same spot.

The new GG IP definitely feels like a Fall release from what little we know.

TP-DK

It's still quite surprising to me that we haven't heard anything about a Bluepoint developed Uncharted Remastered Collection and if it's ever going to happen now, it's most likely coming after Uncharted 4.

It's so clear that non-Playstation owners from last generation want to play it and especially after the astounding success of TLOU, people are ready to buy anything Naughty Dog.

I really think an Uncharted Collection would be perfect as a summer release this year. Either way I'm playing the Uncharted trilogy before Uncharted 4.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I dunno, don't think GG's game will make 2016. They will definitely build up on the announcement and hype, and release it in 2017.

Also, I have a hunch we won't see Uncharted this year.

Alright well I'll disagree with that anyway.

1) Demon's Souls (US release) and Dark Souls 1 both came out in October and did very well.

2) Since when have Sony been shy of releasing big games in Q1/Q2? The entire God of War series (sans Ghost of Sparta), the Infamous series, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and Killzone 2/3 tell us that that's rubbish.

I have no clue when Horizon or Level 5's JRPG are going to come out but I wouldn't be surprised at all if either came out in Q1/Q2.

Alright, I'm going to predict only the games that will be announced this year and will come out in 2016. In the order that they will get announced.

God of War - The start of a new trilogy, new story & protagonist. Announced before E3. Debut trailer at E3. Gameplay at PlayStation Experience. Releases Q4 2016.

Uncharted: Drakes Collection - Outsourced to second-party studio. Announced at E3, releases Q2 2016.

Sony Bend new IP - PS4 horror game. Announced at E3, releases October 2016.

Horizon - Guerrilla Games' new IP. Announced at E3. Releasing Q1/Q2 2016.

Sony London Morpheus game collection - A collection of mini-games and demos for Morpheus. Announced at Gamescom. Bundled with Morpheus.

Media Molecule new IP - PS4 game with Morpheus support. Announced at Gamescom, releases alongside Morpheus in 2016.

Gravity Rush 2 - Re-revealed at Tokyo Game Show. Coming to PS4 & Vita. Releasing Q3 2016.

I also think Gran Turismo 7 getting announced at some point this year is a safe bet, though I'm not sure it will be ready in 2016.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
God of War - The start of a new trilogy, new story & protagonist. Announced before E3. Debut trailer at E3. Gameplay at PlayStation Experience. Releases Q4 2016.

I find it amusing to even entertain the idea of SONY producing a God of War without Kratos. I mean unless we just throw everything out the window when it comes to business sense and consumer expectations.

I find it amusing to even entertain the idea of SONY producing a God of War without Kratos. I mean unless we just throw everything out the window when it comes to business sense and consumer expectations.
You don't think its possible that they will move on from a character that fans are clearly getting bored with?
I'm 50/50 on if I think they will actually do it, but I don't think its a crazy idea at all.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Alright, I'm going to predict only the games that will be announced this year and will come out in 2016. In the order that they will get announced.

Uncharted: Drakes Collection - Outsourced to second-party studio. Announced at E3, releases Q2 2016.

Sony Bend new IP - PS4 horror game. Announced at E3, releases October 2016.

Horizon - Guerrilla Games' new IP. Announced at E3. Releasing Q1/Q2 2016.

Sony London Morpheus game collection - A collection of mini-games and demos for Morpheus. Announced at Gamescom. Bundled with Morpheus.

Media Molecule new IP - PS4 game with Morpheus support. Announced at Gamescom, releases alongside Morpheus in 2016.

Gravity Rush 2 - Re-revealed at Tokyo Game Show. Coming to PS4 & Vita. Releasing Q3 2016.

I also think Gran Turismo 7 getting announced at some point this year is a safe bet, though I'm not sure it will be ready in 2016.

Woah, hang on a second. That God of War prediction is out of left field. 2016 is way too early for it, and I don't see it being announced before E3 either. SECONDLY, a new protagonist? Really? What makes you think they'll get rid of one of their biggest mascots that easily?

Woah, hang on a second. That God of War prediction is out of left field. 2016 is way too early for it, and I don't see it being announced before E3 either. SECONDLY, a new protagonist? Really? What makes you think they'll get rid of one of their biggest mascots that easily?

Eh, call it more of a wish than a prediction.
Guess we'll see.

Ummm, maybe not in reviews. But that game was huge and is still huge half a year later.

Destiny 2 with ps4 content will sell a shit ton of ps4's.
really, it's like people don't actually log on to there PS4's or something. Half of my friend list is still playing Destiny, like daily. lol

Bungie has built a solid foundation, just have to improve the formula.

I kinda do want a sequel to Knack to be honest. I mean the game is not without its flaws but it has potential and a sequel could improve greatly. I mean a ton of people tend to forget how basic the first Spyro and Crash games were and how the sequels improved upon the formula greatly.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I dunno, don't think GG's game will make 2016. They will definitely build up on the announcement and hype, and release it in 2017.

Also, I have a hunch we won't see Uncharted this year.

Yeah, it's a new IP and GG just shipped a game in 2013. Gonna be a while before this releases. Late 2016 at the earliest, which is fine because that fills out Sony's schedule well.

They're not going to release Uncharted 4 and GG's title in the same period.

Tagg9

Cause no aaa arrived on time specially being anounced only half a year ago, i seriously doubt it will happen this year.

Haha, what? The game is the 4th entry in an existing franchise, will have been in full development for 2.5 years, and Naughty Dog has repeatedly stated that it's a 2015 title.

Here's some evidence of that:-
Metro said:
GC: Okay, well you could’ve said next year and that would’ve been fine. So you genuinely think it’ll be this year, with I guess Uncharted 4 as your lead?

JR[Jim Ryan, Sony Europe Head]: Yeah, yep.

GamesRadar said:
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - the story behind the biggest game of the year

Those are both from the last week, and Naughty Dog themselves have touted a 2015 release date as far back as last E3 and as recently as the Game Informer cover story.

Cause no aaa arrived on time specially being anounced only half a year ago, i seriously doubt it will happen this year.

it's not like why haven't seen gameplay, it was even played in real time. After Uncharted 3, I'm sure ND wouldn't announce a date if they weren't sure to meet it.

I kinda do want a sequel to Knack to be honest. I mean the game is not without its flaws but it has potential and a sequel could improve greatly. I mean a ton of people tend to forget how basic the first Spyro and Crash games were and how the sequels improved upon the formula greatly.
I agree. I'd absolutely be interested in a new Knack game. Slightly shorter campaign, co-op mode that isn't tacked on and a little more gameplay variety and I think you have a good game.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

While I appreciate it's hyperbole - if only slightly, but I was interacting with the SSM Twitter account and they were trying to tell me that they are creating so many new IP, and started listing their external devs.

Please, explain to me how I have no idea what I am talking about? It's not the same as their 200 person team developing a new IP.

emrober5

There is a 0% chance Uncharted 4 misses 2015. Sony won't have another lackluster holiday, and Naughty Dog knows what they are doing.

Knacks been my favorite first party game on ps4. I hope they announce a sequel at e3. And as much as I enjoyed second son, I really hope sucker punch are doing something new. Killzone needs to go on the backburner for the rest of this gen. As for naughty dog im kinda burned out of uncharted but will play 4. I was hoping for last of us 2 along side a new IP. Overall I think their first part efforts have been lackluster and hope to see some exciting stuff at E3.

Knacks been my favorite first party game on ps4. I hope they announce a sequel at e3. And as much as I enjoyed second son, I really hope sucker punch are doing something new. Killzone needs to go on the backburner for the rest of this gen. As for naughty dog im kinda burned out of uncharted but will play 4. I was hoping for last of us 2 along side a new IP. Overall I think their first part efforts have been lackluster and hope to see some exciting stuff at E3.

Dude... What could SuckerPunch do that's better?

What's better than an open-world super powers game?

I don't mind if they drop the IP, but what could be better?

Kosma

Banned
A new mythology would be great! I would settle for a new protagonist in the existing universe tho.

Yeah so many other cool mythologies to explore

Nordic
Indian
Etc.

But honestly its just not my favourite genre. Would be nice if they could slow down the combat maybe ala souls.

No way GT7 gets released any later than 2016, I'd bet it's june-ish 2016 at the most, Kaz did say they were targeting a 2015-16 release, also didn't amar say we will see it this May?

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think it would be fine if they used a different mythology. But yeah, Kratos with the same weapons and fighting Olympus would probably feel stale.

I don't think we'll get more Olympus, or even Greek Mythology for that matter. They strongly hinted at a new setting in GoW: Ascension, in the future games, with the mention of the Pharaoh and Egypt in some places. One level even had a Sphynx statue. Lets see if they build up on that.

Kosma

Banned
I don't think we'll get more Olympus, or even Greek Mythology for that matter. They strongly hinted at a new setting in GoW: Ascension, in the future games, with the mention of the Pharaoh and Egypt in some places. One level even had a Sphynx statue. Lets see if they build up on that.

I think going to Egypt is not far enough.

God of War is what it is. It's not gonna become a new genre. I predict Kratos in a new mythology and I'm curious what Barlog is gonna do with it. Announcement at the GoW event I think.

Zukkoyaki

I honestly expect Sony to announce something major at E3 for this holiday season to accompany Uncharted 4. Now the remaining question is what's it going to be? I'd bet on either Sony Bend's game or The Last Guardian.

From there, I feel like 2016 would like something like this:

- Horizon: It's been in development for well over three years now, Guerrilla also has an engine already in place.
- Gran Turismo 7: Kaz has said around 2015/2016, my guess it will release somewhere between May and September.
- Media Molecule's new IP: They've been toiling away at this one since completing LBP2, it's also supposedly going to be announced this year.
- Killzone from Guerrilla Cambridge: People seem to forget that it's already been a year and a half since Killzone Mercenary. I see no reason why their next game couldn't release next year especially when you consider they're probably using the Shadow Fall engine from the other Guerrilla.
- Quantic Dream's new IP: We heard around the release of Beyond that they have a PS4 game in the works. I believe it's possible that we'll see it next year.

Probably one or two more in addition to those. I personally expect the new God of War in early 2017.

Puppeteer deserves a sequel more than Knack.
Both won't happen, tho.

Jingo

There is a 0% chance Uncharted 4 misses 2015. Sony won't have another lackluster holiday, and Naughty Dog knows what they are doing.

We ll see, driveclub was the first exclusive and it was going to fill the ps4 release at fall, it failed and by a large margin, ive seen uncharted 4 gameplay but that is not a garantiee per se, we have seen metal gear solid v phamtom pain gameplay 3 years ago and its not out yet, i really hope im wrong but im not very confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom