• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Like a one man human centipede"

Has someone told him the kotaku fix?

it's what I'm wondering but he might not follow instructions anyways. I wanna see if his cable is damaged and his port is messed up like kotakus

edit: that's too bad, I was hoping it was the big issue, looks like there is still reason to worry

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This is just getting stupid now. Like, its not even entertaining.

Bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked-fixed-bricked

tumblr_m5oxbwyegr1rvsec3o1_500.gif

So it works upright, but down on the ground the HDMI port gives up the ghost. Willing to bet the solder connecting the HDMI jack to the motherboard has come loose with all the fiddling he's been doing, and it's just gravity and slight tension on the cable that enables a connection periodically.

TheJerit

so did he have the same HDMI port fault as Kotaku? Sorry, I cant watch that shit anymore...it was bumming me out

Appears so or something like it. Although he didn't try a new hdmi cable after he adjusted the pin. Not surprised, lol. I think he finally gave up. I'm the same, I can only take the stream in small doses.

mrdark

Banned
Anyone watching now? He's going on about how famous he was. His friend was trying to tell him the difference between being famous and infamous. It's hilarious.

NYR

What a surprise, his new PS4 updated perfectly fine and is working. Drama for nothing.

...and now this idiot can't remember his PSN password.

NYR

Wait how did he get a new one so quick?

If you have a broken PS4, take it to a Sony Store - they will swap it out right away (if they have saved stock for replacements).

He drove 2 hours to the closest one in Denver and got it swapped out.

Venturer

No one reads my posts so i'll repost it:

Its linked in the OP here as well by an admin: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716732

Guys if your PS4 is faulty phone your local Sony store not the helpline for the ps4 specifically if you want to get it replaced or repaired quicker. Get your local sony store number then use Option 4 - Other enquiries to speak to the store. They can either replace it if they have stock there and then, if not they can take it in for repair.

Information was received while listening to Hi11zone on twitch, I heard him live speaking to his local Denver Sony store over Skype and he was told if your PS4 is faulty you can go to your closest Sony store with a tech department.

(Regardless of where you bought it, as long as you have proof of purchase.)

Edit: He's now received his playstation 4 after a 2hour drive.

Top Bottom