• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lily Bergamo was turned into Let It Die

Dead

well not really...yet
I dont even care. Why cant he make the game we all want him to make? Super ultra violent ninja character action game starring Shinobu from NMH

Niks

Rumor: Lily Bergamo cancelled

379ch.gif

Akainu

Aw, that's to bad I bet it would have been really good. The world would become a bit darker place if this never comes out.

nded

That would be an even bigger change in direction than Dark Sector. At least with Dark Sector you can sort of see how they went from initial concept to final product.

I hope the trailer for LET IT DIE was not reminiscent of the actual game.

By that, I mean I hope it keeps the same art style from Lily Bergamo.

There was some gameplay footage in the trailer. Doesn't look anything like Lily Bergamo.

koutoru

I hope the trailer for LET IT DIE was not reminiscent of the actual game.

By that, I mean I hope it keeps the same art style from Lily Bergamo.

Mandoric

Banned
It's true, my translation of the comment is that Lily Bergamo sublimated into Let it Die during development. It keeps the hyper-action asynchronous MP elements but adds strong survival elements.

kuroshiki

Because it's a PS4 exclusive. It's easy to see that Sony might have a hand in the funding.

Gungho has shit ton of money though. They don't need sony fund. at all.

I think it is more like thy decided to appeal to more western audiences.

Which is BS.

Suda 51 is ..we need to face the facts about his track record.

but also this. Suda is not a great developer AT ALL. He has some wacky taste that appeals to some small segment of gamers, but that's about it.

Suda 51 is ..we need to face the facts about his track record.
I think the problem is he ultimately doesn't have much of a track record.

He hasn't been hands-on with a game in ages. If you told me he was dead and Grasshopper just hasn't told anyone and they've been Weekend at Bernies-ing him, I'd believe you.

Koppai

I wish Japanese companies would stop trying to appeal to western gamers...apparently they think brown/gray/tan ugly artstyle games are our preference. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hopefully it's just a case of name changing, title is probably the superior Lily Brescia now.

But seriously, that'd be pretty strange since Suda had done a pretty hardcore round of interviews lately at Grasshopper's offices and he stated a bunch of times something along the lines of "can't talk about Lily Bergamo at the moment but stay tuned, can't wait to show it as soon as possible"

mao2

Whoops, didn't see this topic. I guess they figured that Lily Bergamo was too Japanese and couldn't cater to Western tastes, hence the total change. Oh well.

popyea

I don't really believe this. So many things don't add up. Firstly, I don't see how Lily Bergamo could morph into something that appears so completely different. Also, Suda's involvement with Let it Die is as executive director, with the implication being that it's not his main focus. Why would the existence of Let it Die rule out Lily Bergamo?

Pennywise

Because it's a PS4 exclusive. It's easy to see that Sony might have a hand in the funding.

Someone else already pointed out that Lily Bergamo was also planned as f2p game.
Considering Suda51 wasn't being director once again, and the game wasn't working as it should have, why should Sony even care ?
Besides, GungHo has more than enough money...

GungHo is the publisher, and they decided that it wasn't worth it and decided on another type of game.
Even though I love the initial impression of Lily Bergamo, blaming Sony here is a joke...

tensuke

I was wondering about that since Suda was supposed to be working on LB too. It's a shame. :( But LID could be good all the same.

edit: oh man I forgot all about the TGS translators. Good stuff.

Takao

Banned
I hope Nintendo picks this up then.

Shame it was canceled.

It doesn't sound like it was actually cancelled, but during the development process it morphed into Let It Die. If the creators felt this was the way to go, I'm not sure what Nintendo could pick up.

Pennywise

I don't really believe this. So many things don't add up. Firstly, I don't see how Lily Bergamo could morph into something that appears so completely different. Also, Suda's involvement with Let it Die is as executive director, with the implication being that it's not his main focus. Why would the existence of Let it Die rule out Lily Bergamo?

The last time he directed a game was No More Heroes.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Let it Die didn't look bad, but it certainly didn't look inspired, either. Disappointing to see Lily Bergamo transformed into that.

Apathy

Wow if this is true, Suda is dead to me forever. How could you go from Lily Bergamo to Let it Die. LiD does not look like anything special, the whole time I was watching the trailer it looked boring, confusing and just some throwaway game, but LB actually looked unique.

Top Bottom