• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuuk

Got mine again, but I don't know if I can do this much longer. Staring at the clock for one minute, thinking about it for an hour, just hoping I will be able to procure one. I really hope they get more copies for bigger releases. Would hate to lose out on CSH.

Got mine again, but I don't know if I can do this much longer. Staring at the clock for one minute, thinking about it for an hour, just hoping I will be able to procure one. I really hope they get more copies for bigger releases. Would hate to lose out on CSH.

CSH is going to be a crazy one

Yeah, it would be a real shame to lose out on one of the bigger release. But Oddword was 5k on PS4, I'm sure other big releases will get a similar treatment.

20 Vita
63 PS4

I'm pretty sure these numbers are delayed. The real test is putting a copy in your cart and going to checkout. If it doesn't go through, they're gone.
I always assumed those numbers didn't subtract orders that are currently in the checkout process. So while it may still say "20 left", those 20 could be reserved for people currently entering their details and aren't available.

I don't think it's a "bug" that you can put it in your cart put then tells you it's sold out. You were just too slow.

U2NUMB

Wow! Happily got my Vita order in, these are going a LOT faster than expected!

Hopefully this new postal method is faster - I still don't have Oddworld :p That's Australia for you I guess

I am in the US and still do not have my oddworld.. I think I may get it today but faster shipping would be awesome.

Vita has been saying sold out by the time I get to the cart. ;( Doing it over and over again, same thing.

These must be the issues other people have had. It's the first time for me.

c-murph

I'm confused, wasn't this supposed to use the new (and cheaper) fulfillment? I paid normal $15 international shipping.

I paid 11$ to Canada. Same as last time. Did they say this time was suppose to be cheaper? I remember hearing they're getting a shipping company to ship them out. Which, I assume costs money and should probably increase shipping if anything. lol

Phew, glad I managed to get it within the first minute, had something come up here at work seconds later, would have missed it otherwise.

Got all of them so far, hope I can keep it up!

I'm confused, wasn't this supposed to use the new (and cheaper) fulfillment? I paid normal $15 international shipping.

We won't have the pricing fixed till the next release.

We have to see which countries are going to cost more. Also a lot of people asked for more expensive shipping if it meant lower custom fees.

I paid 11$ to Canada. Same as last time. Did they say this time was suppose to be cheaper? I remember hearing they're getting a shipping company to ship them out. Which, I assume costs money and should probably increase shipping if anything. lol

The whole point of the fulfilment center was to make the process faster and save shipping costs. There's much cheaper alternatives to ship things internationally than USPS
We won't have the pricing fixed till the next release.

We have to see which countries are going to cost more. Also a lot of people asked for more expensive shipping if it meant lower custom fees.

Thanks. Yeah I'd prefer higher shipping and no customs. I was just confused because the communication around that wasn't very clear recently. I even asked a few times but never got a response here or on twitter.
This is insane....

www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Futuridium&_sacat=0

You've create a little monster... re-seller heaven...

Welcome to every limited/collectible item ever

hawk2025

Checkout errors grrrrrr

Trying again at 3PM I suppose.

Man, one of these times I will fail at both times and goodbye complete collection. The stress is real

The best strategy to get a game for me is:

- Start refreshing the product page at xx:59
- Immediately put the game(s) into your cart when you see the button and click "Check Out"
Once you've done that the games are reserved, I think. It's just important to get there asap.

Worked for me every single time so far.

Hobbun

Round two is always easier. But only slightly.

Agreed.

PS4 version of Oddworld lasted until the next day, although that had more copies (than Futuridium) to sell.

The best strategy to get a game for me is:

- Start refreshing the product page at xx:59
- Immediately put the game(s) into your cart when you see the button and Click "Check Out"
Once you've done that the games are reserved, I think. It's just important to get there asap.

Worked for me every single time so far.

What I did as well was put any other product beforehand in the cart. Shipping box, game case, shirts, etc. So you aren’t taking the time to do so when the game is live.

Occam

Changed my mind and decided to order despite of Futuridium's averageness. Only got a PS4 copy. Which means I'll have to pay $15 x 2 yet again (for the third time; $45 USD wasted) in case I manage to get a Vita copy later today (despite the best efforts of the crappy online store to prevent this).

How about increasing the print run to a more reasonable amount? The message of these games selling out within minutes has been pretty clear for a while.

(Offer more, use a better store)

How about increasing the print run to a more reasonable amount?

Is this discussion still going to happen after every single release?

Higher profile games are getting higher print runs already. If you make a 10k run of Futuridium it's a huge risk and financial commitment.

(Offer more, use a better store)

The store works fine. If you get "sold out", you've been to slow.

Wait... what's this about "protectors" that some of you have mentioned?

I was able to order a copy on both platforms at 7:01 this morning. First time using shopify, good experience here.

Occam

Is this discussion still going to happen after every single release?

Higher profile games are getting higher print runs already. If you make a 10k run of Futuridium it's a huge risk and financial commitment.

2,000 copies is too little. How much more obvious could it be? Maybe go for 3,000 or 4,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom