• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London-Gaf meet up: Part IV, 1st December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
londongafmeetup4.jpg

Date:

Saturday 1st December 2012

Venue 1 - 6pm:

Brewdog

4f71775cfb699352b93a07b0ae90dc3f_44795.jpeg

113 Bayham St, Camden Town, London, NW1 0AG. Nearest Tube - Camden Town (Northern Line)

Does lots of different beers apparently. Also does food, of the burger and pizza variety. Sounds cheap I know but the menu was designed by Tim who won Masterchef one year. Apparently. We'll be staying in here long enough for people to turn up and get food if they so desire.

Venue 2 - 8:30pm:

The Monarch

GetImage-CT-1042-1.jpg

40-42 Chalk Farm Road, Camden, London, NW1 8BG. Nearest Tube - Chalk Farm (Northern Line or Camden Town (Northern Line)

Every Saturday night is Soundtracks - The best tunes from the best movies ever. Doors open 8pm. Free entry before 9pm, £3 after.

BRING ID. Even if you look 40. Apparently this place can be very strict on ID so if you don't bring it and you don't get in, don't blame us!

Venue 3 - ???:

Possible afterparty at J Tourettes'.

The meet ups have been dwindling somewhat so lets try and get the numbers back up!

That being said, this is the list of people who have responded so far:-

Musha_Soturi
IamMikeside
zomgbbqftw
Jedeye Sniv
J Tourettes
eggybob
Lucius86
Chittagong
Mr Cola (maybe)
Bazza
Scythian Empire
Spookie (maybe)
SteveWD40 (maybe)
Kazenone
Xun
Stubo
donkey show
SquiddyBiscuit
Darren870 (maybe)
Meteorain (maybe)
TheGoldenGunman
Yami
7aged (maybe)
Galvanise_
scotcheggz
BGBW

Come on people! This is what you're missing!

Meet up 1

http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg615/LondonGaf/Meetup 24th March 2012/

Meet up 2

http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg615/LondonGaf/Meetup 7th July 2012/

Meet up 3

http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg615/LondonGaf/Meetup 15th September 2012/

Let me know if you're coming and I'll update the list.

OP will be updated when venues are confirmed.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Deffo on for this one, just after payday. I shall be flush and drunken. wooooo!

btw where is shoreditch? It sounds scary

Lucius86

Banned
IN.

Can I just say, to those who are scared in going - it's a heck of a lot of fun. As long as you are not adverse to alcohol, it's a great laugh.

And last time I got my bum bitten by a hot girl on the dance floor, and 2 gaffers pulled, so it's not all that bad.

Mikeside

I'm in like a thing that rhymes with 'in'.

Shoreditch is in London. It's where all the bloggers and assorted hipsters hang out. Should be a giggle.

Lucius86

Banned
I'm in like a thing that rhymes with 'in'.

Shoreditch is in London. It's where all the bloggers and assorted hipsters hang out. Should be a giggle.

You and I are going to do battle on the 1st. I live in Hackney now since last Saturday, the home of hipsters.

I'm not hipster

slider

Ten Bells is always a classic. I haven't been to Hoxton Square in a while but there used to be some trendy (to my uncool eyes), bars that way.

Plus who's the dude who has a Steve in his name? If you tell him there used to be a JKD/Bob Breen gym in Hoxton Square he might come along!
But don't mention that it moved a few years ago...

Caveat: I'm not sure if Ten Bells and Hoxton Square count as Shoreditch though.

Mikeside

You and I are going to do battle on the 1st. I live in Hackney now since last Saturday, the home of hipsters.

I'm not hipster

I had friends who lived in Hackney while they were at uni. They kept insisting what an 'up and coming' area it was. Has it come up yet?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im not an alcohol drinker but this event intrigues me, is that non alcohol thing going to be an issue and also for people outside of london what sort of accomodation do yall usually get?

Lucius86

Banned
I had friends who lived in Hackney while they were at uni. They kept insisting what an 'up and coming' area it was. Has it come up yet?

It's getting there. I now live by London Fields, and the hipsters aside it's actually a really decent area. But as is always the case in London, move half a mile in either direction and you can end up in a rather dodgy area.

Im not an alcohol drinker but this event intrigues me, is that non alcohol thing going to be an issue and also for people outside of london what sort of accomodation do yall usually get?

Not at all. As long as you are comfortable with other people drinking, you will be fine!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's getting there. I now live by London Fields, and the hipsters aside it's actually a really decent area. But as is always the case in London, move half a mile in either direction and you can end up in a rather dodgy area.

Not at all. As long as you are comfortable with other people drinking, you will be fine!

4 years of no alcohol at uni has taught me to be pretty good with it ;D, damn drugs im on you see.

SKINNER!

Banned
That Serj t-shirt is pretty neat!

Really wish I could make it to this one :( London Meetup V for sure though!

To people who are hesitant on going: just go! seriously! I can assure you that you will not only have fun but meet the smartest, funniest and friendliest people in London.

Mikeside

I'll probably have a drink or two but I won't be getting hammered. Unless there's a few rounds of shots or something, then it's anybody's guess.

I think I'll end up getting the last train back or the first train in the morning. I dunno, probably not worth booking a hotel room as I live so close.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'll probably have a drink or two but I won't be getting hammered. Unless there's a few rounds of shots or something, then it's anybody's guess.

I think I'll end up getting the last train back or the first train in the morning. I dunno, probably not worth booking a hotel room as I live so close.

We could always split a room if you fancy it? last train home is a bit early for my tastes, especially if we're not in the centre of town and will have to tube it back to waterloo. Either that or we can see how many folks fancy being hardcore - club till 4, cafe till 6. it can be done.

EDIT: there are always rounds of shots :p

Mr Cola

when do these things usually end?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They end when the last few people decide to call it a day, but you're free to leave whenever you need to.

Mikeside

We could always split a room if you fancy it? last train home is a bit early for my tastes, especially if we're not in the centre of town and will have to tube it back to waterloo. Either that or we can see how many folks fancy being hardcore - club till 4, cafe till 6. it can be done.

Yeah last train home would probably blow, come to think of it.

If splitting a room isn't too expensive then I'm good for that or early train if not.

Ugh, shots. WHY CAN I NEVER SAY NO TO YOU?! I think it's because they're so tiny and harmless looking.

Chinner

Banned

ooooh *flicks wrist*

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The train i would get back would go to Portsmouth, live halfway between Portsmouth and London in Haslemere.

Oh you're not too far from us then, me and Mike are from surrey way too. If you wanna stay out hardcore with us or whatever we end up doing you're more than welcome.

How about a hostel? I've always wanted to see one but have never had cause to. Or do you have to be in by some stupid time? We just need somewhere to cadge between 2 and 6 really don't we?

Mikeside

The train i would get back would go to Portsmouth, live halfway between Portsmouth and London in Haslemere.

That's pretty close to me - I'd be going back to Ash Vale, next to Aldershot. Last train will probably be midnightish? Not sure to be honest.

fake edit:

Outward Journey (02 Dec 2012) Depart Arrive Travel by Train company Duration
01:05London Waterloo
01:40Woking (Main)
Train SOUTH WEST TRAINS 00h 35
07:32Woking (Main)
07:39Guildford Station
Train SOUTH WEST TRAINS 00h 07
07:48Guildford Station
08:23Haslemere
Bus SOUTH WEST TRAINS 00h 35
Read more at http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#j8KqbJG3mRqip7eB.99

real edit: lol, I only just looked at the journey time there...wtf

Bazza

Oh you're not too far from us then, me and Mike are from surrey way too. If you wanna stay out hardcore with us or whatever we end up doing you're more than welcome.

How about a hostel? I've always wanted to see one but have never had cause to. Or do you have to be in by some stupid time? We just need somewhere to cadge between 2 and 6 really don't we?

Last time i went to London me and my mates hit the jager bombs about 11pm, i ended up sleeping outside somewhere, great days.

Dont have any time i have to be back, only work in the week so weekends im free to do as i please.

Mikeside

Yeah a hostel would be fine for me - more the merrier if anyone else ends up staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom