• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Batman - Arkham Origins

Arkham Origins is the Arkham game for people who are terrible at Arkham games.

Shock gloves instantly turn the game into the exact kind of "Mash X!" Gameplay that the previous games so deftly avoided (also it's just reused content from the Wii U port of Arkham City SHHHHHHHH)

Strider7

I love all the Arkham games, but I will say that of the three so far, Origins is my favorite. Apart from some bugs in the initial release, I never understood the flak it got.

Justinh

I remember being really interested in this game. I was expecting it to be not as good as the first two, but the origins story I thought could be good.

I still refuse to buy this game, though, so I haven't played it. Maybe if it gets a huge discount on steam during a sale I'll check it out (like 90% off).

nubbe

Origins was definitely more fun than City

But both suffer from the "I will just glide over the city and go to the next way point" shit feast

AA is so much better

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The fights with the martial artists who can counter your counters are always fun. I wish they'd made a full combat room of them. They were the single best addition Origins brought to the table in my opinion, and I hope Rocksteady poach them for AK.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I was disappointed this didn't make the remaster cut. I missed it originally, figured I'd wait for a re-release. Oh, well.

eh, I didn't like how they grafted elements from the cristopher nolan films into this game. Watching batman scream at a thug, baring his teeth so you can see his gums while he spits on them and growls like christian bale did not do it for me. You can really tell that paul dini had nothing to do with this game. Hopefully rocksteady can do a better job than the origins team. Don't get me wrong, there were elements of origins story and characters I enjoyed but overall it felt like a 'design by committee' that was watered down.

shanafan

Even though Origins is a prequel to AA, just beat it in preparation for AK! ;)

If only the Wii U had trophies/achievements so I could finish up Riddler stuff, etc.

Tensketch

Got it free with a graphics card, loved it. Thought it was a fantastic game and worked as an additional story for the hardcore arkham fans and not one necessary for those who only want to play the main 3.

I've heard decent things about Blackgate, I got it on sale but I'm yet to play it.

ban25

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I'm a big fan of Christopher Drake's score for Origins. I have all of them on my phone, but Origins gets the most play from me.

Top Bottom