• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

For the top of the new page:

We are still recruiting!

Experienced or not. We're on track to have enough people to run simultaneous games. If you have expierience as moderator and specifically want to RUN a game, let us know that as well.

Please read Crab's original post in this thread as well, for the general jist of it.

Lord of Castamere will be along at some point to post the updated player lists.

Do not lynch Barrylocke Night 1. I'm pretty sure it's a hate crime at this point

For the record, I pronounce it

Time-ā-sis,
with the a long "a" as in "aid" or "braid".

But you can pronounce it any which way you want.

YES!!! I've been saying it correctly this whole time. Take THAT mushmouthed pleebs!
Do not lynch Barrylocke Night 1. I'm pretty sure it's a hate crime at this point

On the other hand future moderators, whatever you do please make sure that my role is left up to the hands of RNG. No need to give me special treatment just because I died first last time.

I had to make sure to say that so I can secure my position of the Godfather or a detective (/s)

Palmer_v1

YES!!! I've been saying it correctly this whole time. Take THAT mushmouthed pleebs!

On the other hand future moderators, whatever you do please make sure that my role is left up to the hands of RNG. No need to give me special treatment just because I died first last time.

I had to make sure to say that so I can secure my position of the Godfather or a detective (/s)

You make a good point though. Moderators should not give in to the temptation to assign roles to specific people. Let RNG decide our fate! It's more fun to let odd relationships develop organically. Particularly when the RNG gods do eventually decide to rip them apart.

Karkador

Banned
I'm curious if you still called it Mafia(or Werewolf), or if you guys called it Yakuza or something else?

I think they do Werewolf there more so than the other kind. I've seen different little sets of it for sale on Amazon.jp. There are also Werewolf movies, and someone pulls out a gun!

If I was running it i'd give you a "be the first to die" win condition.

This is a "as of right now" list. Things may change as we hash it out.

----
Okay current list. (I like lists.) As it stands right now, new players will have priority over returning players, and returning player priority will go from time of death in Game 1. Unless anyone disagrees, I also feel anyone who signed up for Round 1 and didn't make it should be able to resign and get bumped to the top.

Total= 48

New Players(28):
-Raindoc
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-salvapot
-Hobohodo
-OceanicAir
-TheWorthyEdge
-exmachina64
-Terabyte20xx
-Darryl
-Tucah
-Coppanuva
-franconp
-Razmos
-21GunShow
-ejawa
-Haly
-Setre
-Hypoallergenic Chie
-Redhood56
-Matt Attack
-swamped
-Mazre
-kiri
-Zubz
-SmokinGunZ1981
-freakzilla149
-EzekelRAGE

Returning Players(20)
-Barrylocke
-Johnnyquickknives
-Foshy
-Kalor
-Irfanaator
-Nin1000
-Quantumbro
-Lord of Castamere
-Robothornetsninja
-Ultron87
-Karkador
-Timeasis
-Traube
-Palmer_v1
-El Topo
-Tomakasatnav
-Mattyg
-KingKitty
-AbsolutBro
-Zippedinhead

I want to join! I had so much fun with the last game!

Edit: even if the game fills up too quickly for me to play, I will watch the events unfold with bated breath

We might just want to lock right now, and try to get 4 more or so reserves. I think we should do 2 hosts per game as well. That's 20 per game with 24 new recruits.

I'd love to join, I've played a couple of times at board game gatherings but never on a forum. Understand if I'm put on the reserve list though.

Razmos

I've only played Mafia once before on another forum, it was Insane Asylum themed, and I was a town Jailkeeper with the ability to put someone in a straitjacket once a day, which would protect them from being killed and stop them doing any actions.

I ended up being murdered while protecting someone though, towards the end of the game.

Oh yeah! I used to play this game waaay back in the day. One of the best games ever made.

Edit: Count me in as a sub if/when someone backs out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We might just want to lock right now, and try to get 4 more or so reserves. I think we should do 2 hosts per game as well. That's 20 per game with 24 new recruits.

Even numbers don't work well in mafia games, and at least 2 of those players are going to run the game rather than play, so we'd need 44 minimum (21 player games) before beginning, not even starting on reserves. We can take a few more yet. This will probably be the last sign up day, though.

Palmer_v1

Even numbers don't work well in mafia games, and at least 2 of those players are going to run the game rather than play, so we'd need 44 minimum (21 player games) before beginning, not even starting on reserves. We can take a few more yet. This will probably be the last sign up day, though.

Have any of the potential moderators contacted you? There was some initial interest, but it seems to have died off now.

a new guy can take my spot if needed. idk how much time I'd have this summer to run a 2nd game now that I think about it.

This is a good time to remind folks that mafia games in the forum setting take up a decent amount of time. The game that crab was running ran for about 4 months. Granted it apparently ran a few weeks longer than he was expecting it to you thanks to some slow players and crab getting banned at one point, but it's still definitely a time commitment. It seems as if the game is going to be run with shorter day phases and thus should take less than 4 months this time around, but still expect to spend at least a couple months in this game if you wind up making it to the end game.

Zatoth

If anyone's interested, there's a Korean gameshow - Crime Scene - currently being subbed here (scroll down a bit to the first season).

It's got some aspects of One Night Ultimate Werewolf combined with Cluedo, in that there's *actually* a mystery, with clues and investigating the titular crime scene, along with interrogation, so the criminal has to convince the other players to vote for someone else, discrediting evidence that puts them in a bad light and highlighting evidence that puts the finger on another. Since everyone's playing roles that tie in with the story of the case, and has their own secrets to hide independently of whether they're the criminal, that leads to some nice interplay and accusations.

I'm enjoying it, at least, and it's an interesting take on the format, with the storyline of the case to latch onto independent of the Mafia side of things.

Thx for the link.

I am watching the first episode now. Reminds me a lot of the manga Liar Game.

kingkitty

Thx for the link.

I am watching the first episode now. Reminds me a lot of the manga Liar Game.

Have you seen the show Genius Game? It's pretty much a Korean game show version of that manga/tv show.

I haven't seen Crime Scene, but definitely sounds cool.

Zatoth

There's a TV drama of that manga that I thought was pretty good.

I know that it exists, but did not watch it. Does it follow the manga completely or has it some new games?

Have you seen the show Genius Game? It's pretty much a Korean game show version of that manga/tv show.

I haven't seen Crime Scene, but definitely sounds cool.

Newer heard of it. Will check it out. Thx.

[edit]Okay. It looks like Crime Scene is Genius Game. :D

Karkador

Banned
I know that it exists, but did not watch it. Does it follow the manga completely or has it some new games?

I only briefly looked into the manga. I think some of the characters change. No idea about the games. I can see how the material is 'spoiled' once you've already seen how the games are resolved

Sign ups still active? If so I'd like to join. It's the same as the Mafia custom games on SC2 I think? Went over the op, it seems to be.

Zatoth

There were also werewolf custom maps for Warcraft III. I was also playing a The Thing map including the blood test. Good times.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So Karkador, MattyG, are you our two moderators then? iirc you were the ones who mentioned in the other thread. PM me and we can have a chat.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, are we doing two separate games, or one game with two mods?

Two separate, unless you're feeling up to the task of designing, balancing, and running a ~50 player game that would probably span 9 months. :p

mclem

[edit]Okay. It looks like Crime Scene is Genius Game. :D

Nah. Bumdidlyumptious has translated both, so they're both in the same tumblr. If it's the one with garnets and (at first) a large cast, it's Genius Game. If it's the one with moody lighting, about six players and a sort of 'furnished plan' of a building, it's Crime Scene.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah i'll run a game, but i'll need a little time to design one

That's great! When MattyG gets back to me, we'll divide the numbers between you two and get things going. Thanks for doing this, Kark. You're far too kind for a serial killer.

MattyG

Banned
That's great! When MattyG gets back to me, we'll divide the numbers between you two and get things going. Thanks for doing this, Kark. You're far too kind for a serial killer.
I'm absolutely still willing to moderate! Like Kark though, I just may need some time to design the game and probably would need some guidance so I don't completely fuck the balance up. I'm not 100% confident in my ability to design a game as well as you did.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, that's 47 there with moderators taken out. Two games of 23 and there's one person spare, one of the survivors from the last game; they'll probably still get to play as I imagine at least one person who signed up won't respond. What we'll do is randomly assign each of Karkador and MattyG some of these players, so that:

KARKADOR:
-freakzilla149
-salvapot
-Razmos
-franconp
-EzekelRAGE
-21GunShow
-Mazre
-LaunchpadMcQ
-Coppanuva
-Hobohodo
-Haly
-Tucah
-SmokinGunZ1981
-kiri
-Darryl
-Ultron87
-Tomakasatnav
-KingKitty
-Timeasis
-Kalor
-Robothornetsninja
-Foshy
-Nin1000

MATTYG
-OceanicAir
-exmachina64
-swamped
-Terabyte20xx
-ejawa
-CzarTim
-Blargonaut
-Raindoc
-Matt Attack
-TheWorthyEdge
-Zubz
-Hypoallergenic Chie
-Redhood56
-Setre
-Traube
-Lord of Castamere
-Quantumbro
-Palmer_v1
-Zippedpinhead
-Barrylocke
-AbsolutBro
-Irfanaator
-Johnnyquickknives

Done using random.org. Unfortunately, Zipped, you got the short straw from the seven survivors of last game when I put you through the randomizer, although as I said I hope that shouldn't matter.

Karkador, MattyG, you now need to design your setups, for 23 players. You'll need to make different setups from each other, so that players cant find clues by crosschecking your games. I'll leave you some time to design your setups, so PM me some time in the next 5 days or so and I'll give a quick review. When you're both done, each of you can PM your player list and get started!

Nice to be part of the game. I will keep checking in on the thread

How did they put Mafia into Starcraft 2?

Custom game mod or something. THe players had characters on the screen standing in a circle, there was an all chat for the day time. You could also whisper to ppl. Night time you would get to do the actions of you role and the mafia had a nighttime chat iirc.

I'm watching a youtube video, looks neat. Going to reinstall SC2 to try it out.

I bought SC2 cuz friends played and wasnt really feeling it, was more into the simplicity of LoL. After a year of not playing found out my battlenet account got hacked, was a hassle to try and get it back so just said screw it.

Fuck SC2 Mafia. I accidentally screwed up in maybe my second or third game and got shat on from everyone.

lol

Palmer_v1

Snip of totally bogus, unfair, player allocation

Noooo.... all of my people went to karkador's game without me!

Edit:

Oh, hi Johnny! We got this.

Duble edit:

Also, keep posting if you're interested in playing guys! At best, you still make it into this round due to drops, and at worst, you're guaranteed a spot next time.

Done using random.org. Unfortunately, Zipped, you got the short straw from the seven survivors of last game when I put you through the randomizer, although as I said I hope that shouldn't matter.

Karkador, MattyG, you now need to design your setups, for 23 players. You'll need to make different setups from each other, so that players cant find clues by crosschecking your games. I'll leave you some time to design your setups, so PM me some time in the next 5 days or so and I'll give a quick review. When you're both done, each of you can PM your player list and get started!

That is ok Crab! Hopefully everyone who signed up can play, but if someone has to leave, or can not play I will gladly step up.

Either way both threads are getting Subbed when it pops up.

Top Bottom