• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson/MS issues an official statement regarding Used Games on XBox One

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
And here it is:

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-and-used-games-2/

Over the paste few days, we have been reading comments and message boards following the Xbox One announcement. There are a few questions regarding used games. I wanted to clarify and provide this official statement:

The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

Well glad that's all cleared up then.

U2NUMB

The fact that they had to issue a statement means they know the general vibe out here so lets hope that will change what they planned on doing originally.

We can at least hope.

unbias

...This is right up there with:
“It does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.”

You know what's a good used games policy?

Being able to play a used game without any activation fees, account security, etc. stupid bullshit that interferes with my ability to play a game.

kodt

Banned
They said they will announce more later, so why not wait until they actually announce something?

Or we can just keep posting the same complaints over and over in a new thread.

Courage

I hope it works like this:

NarCF6I.jpg

So it's still exactly the same as we have been saying? Good talk Major Nelson, seems even you guys are at a loss of what to do after screwing up.

Amir0x

Banned
So, nothing new then - everything exactly as negative as before.

We know you can trade/resell games into some arcane system that Microsoft is going to set up, and if you're a business that buys/sells those games you have to go through MS and pay publishers a fee (a cost surely passed on the consumers as well, naturally).

And we also know that this new system effectively kills lending, borrowing and renting, and there is once every 24 hour internet verification to use games.

So, thanks for clarifying that everything still sucks Microsoft.

UberTag

Hey guys, Microsoft is letting us trade in our games and get shit back in exchange. We love 'em again, don't we?

Hehehe... have fun setting up your little cartel, Larry. We know EXACTLY what's going on.

Spinning and damage control. He himself said you need an account for you to play that game,so if you lend someone a game and you want to sue your account you can't.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
They said they will announce more later, so why not wait until they actually announce something?

Or we can just keep posting the same complaints over and over in a new thread.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've said anything since the conference.

Sophia

"We will disclose more information in the near future." smells like a dirty lie. Perhaps they should have had this information prepared before they announced the console?

That statement literally said nothing.

This. What I'm guessing will happen is Microsoft will run an eBay on the Xbox where users can trade/sell games to each other. When you trade away a game it is removed from your account and registered to the buyers account.

MGrant

I could see this being an "oh shit, distract them while we figure out how to change this" scramble move on the part of Microsoft. And as bad as the fan backlash has been, they have even bigger monsters to fear in the financial sector, which I can imagine is turning up the heat on them as we speak.

macewank

"We understand there are lots of questions concerning our potato on used games and the ability to re-sell products. We urge consumers not to worry, we continue to potato and will be addressing potato. When the potato has been finalized we will potato."

This basically sums up every statement from MS on the used games issue.

Spartaner

Banned
This. What I'm guessing will happen is Microsoft will run an eBay on the Xbox where users can trade/sell games to each other. When you trade away a game it is removed from your account and registered to the buyers account.

no way. that would actually be great news.

Majukun

the fact is,there shouldn't be any new "policy" to announce..just leave customers and the games they have paid for alone

Top Bottom