• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck at the wreckage.

I watch a lot of Mayday (Air Crash Investigations) on NatGeo and man, I dunno how those organizations do it with cleanup and the ensuing investigation.

Sayter

CNN is confirming that the rebel leader talked about shooting down an airliner.

So I guess that tweet is accurate. I can only imagine his reaction after he figured out what he had just done.

tumblr_ldx9p1Nq5x1qfaow2o1_r1_250.gif

Russia will get the utlitmate blame for providing such weapons to the separatists.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Olexiy Solohubenko (BBC Executive Editor) on the BBC: "only Ukrainian aircraft have been shot down in the area before. 5 in total."

apparently the Ukrainians don't bother with anti-aircraft equipment because the Russian separatists don't use planes or helicopters.

anyone know if there's more info on this?

One thing is for certain, a line has been crossed and there's no going back.

I seriously doubt it. Everyone will deny being involved, looters and/or a cover up will remove crucial evidence from the scene and no real thorough investigation will be possible in a war zone.

The people who pressed the fire button will probably be in the ground pretty quickly for fucking up so badly.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Even on a radar screen there is a massive difference between an aircraft at 35k ft and a cruising speed of 905km/h and an aircraft moving at 440km/h with a service ceiling of 7300ft.
I doubt they would even care about that.

kess

Dude, you obviously cant see that from 30k feet below.... Theyre just a dot in the radar screen... :(

I posted that as a comparison between the two planes, in case anyone was interested. If the plane was shot down on a relatively common flight path for international flights, shooting at dots is monumentally stupid.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
This is a false flag attack to get popular support for NATO to do the bidding of the western energy interests. New tougher sanctions the day before this is not a coincidence, but a chance to corner Russia. To bad for the west, China won't play ball despite of this false flag... and Europe will be left without Russian gas very shortly if they try anything.

It disgusts me that someone has it for the poor Malaysian people.

Get that tinfoil shit out of here, fucking moronic!

This is a false flag attack to get popular support for NATO to do the bidding of the western energy interests. New tougher sanctions the day before this is not a coincidence, but a chance to corner Russia. To bad for the west, China won't play ball despite of this false flag... and Europe will be left without Russian gas very shortly if they try anything.

So it was shot down by BP?

sub_o

My condolences to those who are affected by this.

I need to try to contact some of my Malaysian friends for now.

Tapiozona

Banned
I wonder if whomever shot it down is wracked with guilt or more worried about getting in trouble for shooting the plane down. Not sure why but I'm guessing the later.

rpmurphy

That's horrible... I hope the families of the deceased will get justice, but I don't have much hope considering it's Russia involved.

On board was also his wife/girlfriend :(

What are the fucking chances of this happening after him posting this.:(
Yeah, pretty random. But I'm sure they were just making a joke about the Malaysian airliner that went down in the Pacific. This was a very sad coincidence.

Oh christ that is awful as can be. I have to wonder why any passenger jet would get anywhere near that place though. I feel awful for the families and people killed and hate the blame game that is about to happen.

crayman

Here come the fucking conspiracy theorists. Post evidence.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

o0

...what?

Fireblend

Banned

Holy shit. I can't tell if this post is serious.
KuGsj.gif

Save your conspiracy theorist bullshit please.

A rag-tag bunch of separatists generally don't have the technology to take out planes 30,000 feet in the air.

Yeah, because every 'rebel' is wearing bearskin, right? Of course they have the same tech as everybody else, come on.

The global market for weapons ensures it by default.

This really should not be the conversation to have at this point.

Windam

Scaley member

Bye.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Come the fuck on.

kris.

Banned

oh, fuck off with this crap.

tumblr_ld94qr3OIn1qbnr8ko1_400.gif

Tell me more.

Sigh....

Goodbye.

Junior gonna junior.

MacNille

Banned

This has to be a joke post... It better be.

JCizzle

Serious post? My goodness.

mid83

I saw a post a few pages back that Fox and/or BBC reported the possibility it was shot down by a military aircraft.

Anymore on that? I couldn't even imagine if that ended up being the case.

Martian

Stop blaming this tragedy on someone we dont know did it. Its ridiculous and people should know better (after all the witch hunts) to judge before there is actual proof (which will not be there today).

Disgusting how the plane went down but also rather disgusting how people are just blatantly blaming the rebels/russia without a grain of actual proof

TheContact

Can never tell if sarcasm or not

RedShift

BBC and Fox news are now saying that it's possible a military jet shot it down.

Really? Do the rebels even have any aircraft, let alone planes? Why would they shoot it down?

And doesn't the army have access to flight control data?

Given that the rebels captured anti air missiles that definitely could have shot it down (despite what they're now claiming) and boasted of shooting down a Ukrainian plane at around the same time I find it really hard to believe any other explanation right now.

nm: It's Ukraine accusing Russian jets of shooting down another plane, not the rebels accusing Ukraine, that the BBC are talking about

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28345039

Can't even imagine the shitstorm if that were true.

Totakeke

It does seem fairly unlikely that the Ukraine military was actively looking for air targets based on the separatist capabilities so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom