• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Supposedly (according to twitter) the translation isn't an admission of guilt but a statement of what happened. The english translation is saying something that's not in the Russian (again according to twitter I don't know russian).

I know a bit of Russian and the part where he says "we warned them" is more like "after all we warned them not to fly in "our sky"" but I don't know the context here at all.

stufte

Evidence that countries (especially the West) resort to false flag attacks to rile the population to go to war? evidence that this conflict is a proxy war about energy? evidence that Anton Gerashchenko, advisor to Ukraine ministry of internal affairs, had a prepared statement about what happened, and who they want to accuse, even before Ukraine officially started investigating the incident...

It's all there. I just don't want to be naive about what is going on... The tragic state of geo-politics is that innocent people die for these corporate bullshit wars.

Conspiracy theorists, man. Always seem to know what is REALLY going on...

Open your eyes sheeple.

Can't even begin to imagine what their families are going through, I'm sure some people might have been nervous to have family fly with this company to begin with.

Evidence that countries (especially the West) resort to false flag attacks to rile the population to go to war? evidence that this conflict is a proxy war about energy? evidence that Anton Gerashchenko, advisor to Ukraine ministry of internal affairs, had a prepared statement about what happened, and who they want to accuse, even before Ukraine officially started investigating the incident...

It's all there. I just don't want to be naive about what is going on... The tragic state of geo-politics is that innocent people die for these corporate bullshit wars.

No. Evidence that this was a false flag attack. That's all he wants, I think.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
My god, they just show all the bodies smoldering and mangled in the wreckage on live TV, so sad :(

Loud Hawk

Neo Member
Suppose there was a worldwide caution against flying over the Crimean peninsula, and Malaysia was abiding by this.

Who will be held responsible for guiding MH over the peninsula? Will it be the nearest ATC that was talking to them, or will it still be Malyasia?

There was/is a no fly zone in effect over the area, but only for planes flying under 7900m. Anything over that was fine.

Morat

Banned
Lot of dead Europeans evidently. All loss of life is equally awful, but given realpolitik (sadly) that ups the stakes a lot

Bundy

Banned
!!!!! STILL VERY VERY VERY NSFW !!!!!!

Russian live stream is back online

Just watched it. I mean WTF?????
Why are they showing the dead passengers? I mean, seriously???
Is this how russian media is doing it when something like this happens?
Respect the victims and their families, Jesus Christ!

Garbed this of the Russian live stream:

passports98o3t.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Suppose there was a worldwide caution against flying over the Crimean peninsula, and Malaysia was abiding by this.

Who will be held responsible for guiding MH over the peninsula? Will it be the nearest ATC that was talking to them, or will it still be Malyasia?

They weren't over the peninsula.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
June 14th: Separatists Down Military Transport Jet, Killing 49 in Eastern Ukraine

Separatists in Ukraine used a shoulder-fired missile to shoot down a large Ukrainian military transport jet as it was trying to land at an airport in this eastern city on Saturday, killing all 49 people on board, the military said. The attack was the deadliest episode for the Ukrainian military since the unrest began in the country’s east.

July 14th: Ukrainian Military Plane Is Shot Down as Russia Adds to Presence at Border

He speculated that it had been “downed by another, more powerful missile that probably was launched from the territory of the Russian Federation.” Russia’s Foreign Ministry could not immediately be reached for comment.

But many here in this battered eastern city believed the most likely culprits were the rebels, who last month shot down a plane in eastern Ukraine, killing more than 40 Ukrainian soldiers and officers. Ms. Chigrina, the rebel spokeswoman, did not say whether rebels had brought down the plane, but said of the Ukrainians, “obviously they didn’t shoot themselves.”

somebody's been shooting at planes

HoosTrax

Garbed this of the Russian live stream:

passports98o3t.png
I don't know whether to feel disgusted that they were riffling through the luggage of the deceased, or pragmatic that it'll help the authorities notify the next of kin faster (assuming that's what they intend to do with the passports).

Are the burgundy-colored ones with the lion+crown Dutch?

GBG

Banned
Watching Russia Today is pretty hilarious/tragic, saying no one is sure about what happened but by the way remember all the times that Ukraine has shot down planes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't know whether to feel disgusted that they were riffling through the luggage of the deceased, or pragmatic that it'll help the authorities notify the next of kin faster (assuming that's what they intend to do with the passports).

Yeah.

sangreal

Yeah, those are Dutch passports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom