• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man has eaten at over 6000 Chinese restaurants in US, his personal top 10 list

Status
Not open for further replies.

beat

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-chinese-eater-20130422-dto,0,6902048.htmlstory

"Rumor Has It" by Adele plays over the restaurant's speakers as Chan's hands curl around another trusty fork.

He's tried to use chopsticks over the years, and a friend even bought him a spring-loaded pair as a gag birthday gift.

The fork feels more natural, he said, as he stabbed a section of beef roll and took yet another bite of Chinese food.

Bumped the thread because I sorta sided with David Chan earlier, and now I find out he uses a fork. I know things were different back when he was a kid (before Chinese exclusion laws were repealed), but damn, man. Non-Asian adults can and do learn to use chopsticks.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-chinese-eater-20130422-dto,0,6902048.htmlstory

Bumped the thread because I sorta sided with David Chan earlier, and now I find out he uses a fork. I know things were different back when he was a kid (before Chinese exclusion laws were repealed), but damn, man. Non-Asian adults can and do learn to use chopsticks.

You bumped this because he uses a fork?

....Thanks. I didn't even know this thread existed. It made for good reading.

edit:

A fork? Only animals use forks.

I try to use chopsticks whenever possible, but lately I've been getting severe cramping in my hands if I keep my hands in the chopstick position too long; painful enough that I have trouble moving my fingers. I eventually have to concede defeat and go with the fork.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
::grabs torches and pitchforks chopsticks::

Burn the heretic!

Log4Girlz

I try to use chopsticks whenever possible, but lately I've been getting severe cramping in my hands if I keep my hands in the chopstick position too long; painful enough that I have trouble moving my fingers. I eventually have to concede defeat and go with the fork.

Its ok, I had a Yorkie once that used forks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom