• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

God dammit, Nice Boat end needs to happen to everyone in this god fucking series.

niceboat.jpg

dumbyugi

Children Can't Choose Their Parents

I was expecting much worse from everyones reactions. The whole thing was pretty funny but the ending actually made me laugh out loud.

Sekainohate de Aimashou 1-3

Interesting story and nice art so far. Although, is this manga considered yaoi? Cause, well, the guy is a girl but the brother and the Prince like him as a dude but now he or she is a girl now and...ugh screw it, too confusing, gonna keep reading.

dumbyugi

Zettai Karen Children 363

Anyone else reading this? The current arc is really starting to wear down my patience.

I haven't read the current chapter but the arc has been dragging quite a bit. I also wish it would just focus on one thing at a time, I hate how it keeps swapping between the girls and the Major.

wonzo

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 9-13

The translation for the earlier chapters might be stilted at times but it speaks volumes about just how delightful a series is when a fairly iffy translation can't stop it from being an incredibly enjoyable read.

maru = inari > *

Sakujou

Banned
hi, i have been absent in the manga stuff for years because i cant read shit like bleach or naruto anymore.

stopped it years ago and i got into manga again when a friend who is a doctor, showed my a manga(!!!) a client suggested to him.

its called homonculus is absolutely awesome. its about a rich cocky medicine student who performs trepanation on a homeless person to see if its true that you will gain a sixth sense through this operation. give it a try, its a typical seinen-manga and just blew my mind.

also shamo is pretty good one.

iam in search for something similiar. i dont care about scanlations as well as manga which are available in stores. as long as the stories are as deep as these.

hope you can suggest me something awesome as these.

hi, i have been absent in the manga stuff for years because i cant read shit like bleach or naruto anymore.

stopped it years ago and i got into manga again when a friend who is a doctor, showed my a manga(!!!) a client suggested to him.

its called homonculus is absolutely awesome. its about a rich cocky medicine student who performs trepanation on a homeless person to see if its true that you will gain a sixth sense through this operation. give it a try, its a typical seinen-manga and just blew my mind.

iam in search for something similiar. i dont care about scanlations as well as manga which are available in stores. as long as the stories are as deep as these.

It depends. Get Vagabond, Ran and The Gray World, Otoyomegatari, Planetes. Those four will blow your mind. There are more but I think some of us will chime in about their favorites.

Also 7 Seeds, but the art is not for everyone. The story is just fantastic though.

Kurita

Oyasumi Punpun
Space Brothers

Aizo

Banned

Kiseijuu, Nijigahara Holograph, and Monster.

Rosario Vampire - Volume 1-8.

I really don't like any of the characters, the writing, the pacing or the monster design. My main complaint is the pacing, everything just keeps starting, building up and up for a few chapters, setting things up to be the biggest deal, then they just end after a couple chapters. There feels like no through line or semblance of a story. Does it change or get better? I also found the slight alterations to Tsukune's design to be kind of annoying, it goes against his original pitch as looking like the most generic anime guy possible, by making him into your typical shonen ai boy.

Bleach 549.

Really enjoying the Holy War arc. I've been sort of a lapsed Bleach fan since the end of the Rukia rescue arc, since everything was just so base and generic shonen, but this arc has actually managed to be pretty entertaining. Sure, a ton of stuff feels like huge ass pulls,
Unohana being Zaraki, Ichigo's mom being a Quincy and Zangetsu being the soul of the big bad.
But I actually really liked all those little twists, even if they came completely out of nowhere.

Aizo

Banned
Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai: Episode 6 - Mitsuryou Kaigan
I always wanted the chef to join their crew in Diamond Is Unbreakable, so I'm really glad to see him again.

Sakujou

Banned
first of all, thanks for all of your suggestions.

going to the bookstore tomorrow to check out, which are available. if not, going to check ebay for reasonable prices or download them whereever they are available.

i read shamo back then until volume 10.. love the entry how fucked up this is... and how awesome the author caught the moment of loneliness and "dont trust anyone" in this manga.

oh and monster... i watched the show, when it was released. pretty fucked up shit. loved the story and the setting.

Rosario Vampire - Volume 1-8.

I really don't like any of the characters, the writing, the pacing or the monster design. My main complaint is the pacing, everything just keeps starting, building up and up for a few chapters, setting things up to be the biggest deal, then they just end after a couple chapters. There feels like no through line or semblance of a story. Does it change or get better? I also found the slight alterations to Tsukune's design to be kind of annoying, it goes against his original pitch as looking like the most generic anime guy possible, by making him into your typical shonen ai boy.

It gets better in Rosario Vampire 2. It turns into an action manga but it gets better

scy

Itoshi no Karin 3 - CLICHE AS FUCK.

Itoshi no Karin 4 - There's a large assortment of cute girls already. Fuck, this will somehow go harem route. Or, just based on how fast things are going, end pretty soon.

Gotta say, main girl is adorable (adorkable?!).

Korosenai

Question about the Silver Spoon Anime/Manga.

I just finished season one, and I don't feel like waiting for season 2 for some more Silver Spoon. Which manga chapters did the first season cover?

Akito

I just finished season one, and I don't feel like waiting for season 2 for some more Silver Spoon. Which manga chapters did the first season cover?
You can pick the manga up at chapter 32.

scy

Silver Spoon 90 - Oh god, that face.

Hachiken finding his direction finally? AND PROGRES--oh, no, not really.

Bloody Monday 1-42
Its a fairly interesting series so far. The focus on hacking and the threat of the virus are some unique aspects. The art looks more mature which is nice. That said it has its share of bad elements. For 1, it seems every main character has plot armor with very few characters actually dying. There was only one character that actually had importance to the plot that died despite there having been several instances where characters should have died. The main character somehow always gets a win despite the incredible odds against him just by waving his hacker abilities. The few times he lost, he still gets away with meager losses.

Tripon

I would just read and start from the beginning of Silver Spoon. 30 chapters is about a hour, and you'll enjoy it anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Silver Spoon:
These kids just need to fuck in a barn or something.

Lain

Because I know you guys are soooo interested, stuff announced/reconfirmed today for publishing in Italy.

Terra Formars
Goumaden Shutendoji
Suzuka
Yu Yu Hakusho Perfect Edition
Nanatsu no Taizai - The Seven Deadly Sins
Shaman King Flowers
Shaman King Mentalite
Yamadakun and the Seven Witches
Nisekoi
Mix
Miseinen Dakedo Kodomo Janai
Crazy for You
Gundam Thunderbolt

Assassination Classroom
Natsume yuujinchou
Shingeki no Kyojin - Before The Fall
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Children of the Sea - Kaijuu no Kodomo
Ningen Shikkaku
Seizon - Life

Trouble is my Business - Jikenya Kagyou
Dragon Jam
Gangsta.
Time Stranger Kyoko - Jikuu Ihoujin Kyoko
Blue Fever - Ao no Binetsu
Soul Eater Guide Book - How to Make a Deathscythe?
Joou no Hana

Crimson Wolf and the Sheep Trap
Historie
Sankarea
Ano Hana
Innocent
Old Boy
Lady Snowblood
Pokémon Black and White

I was looking forward to cut some expenses for my manga purchases, but alas.

Kurita

Aside from Yu Yu Hakusho I'm not jelly, since most of the cool stuff from the list is already (or coming soon) in France o(´^`)o

Akito

Because I know you guys are soooo interested, stuff announced/reconfirmed today for publishing in Italy.

Terra Formars
Goumaden Shutendoji
Suzuka
Shaman King Flowers
Shaman King Mentalite
Nisekoi
Mix
Crazy for You
Gundam Thunderbolt

Assassination Classroom
Natsume yuujinchou

Ningen Shikkaku
Seizon - Life

Dragon Jam
Gangsta.
Joou no Hana

Historie
Sankarea
Ano Hana
Innocent
Old Boy
Lady Snowblood
Pokémon Black and White

Jesus Christ, my jelly had no bounds.

Terra Formars
Goumaden Shutendoji
Suzuka
Shaman King Flowers
Shaman King Mentalite
Nisekoi
Mix
Crazy for You
Gundam Thunderbolt

Assassination Classroom
Natsume yuujinchou

Ningen Shikkaku
Seizon - Life

Dragon Jam
Gangsta.
Joou no Hana

Historie
Sankarea
Ano Hana
Innocent
Old Boy
Lady Snowblood
Pokémon Black and White

:(

I wanna be jelly, but I don't recognize half the titles so whatever.

------------------------------------

Silva 39

The wrath of the flat chested.

Lain

Their only getting that now? Guess Im surprised at how late some of these things are coming to Italy.

We have something like 100-150 releases each month (guesstimating from what I buy and what I don't buy, it could be more). As such some titles have to wait before they get a chance to be published, or even get a chance to be considered for publishing. For example, Crazy For You has been announced 6/8 months ago, maybe longer, but only now it got a definite date (May 2014) over here.

I also received the bad news that Princess Resurrection bombed so hard in Italy that it's close to cancellation (it's been years since the last volume released here). The publisher still hasn't given up, but the series can't even reach 6k copies sold per volume, which is the min they say they can do for a volume. Sadness.

Edit:

Also put together covers for anyone that might be curious to give it a look instead of simply looking at a bunch of titles: http://imgur.com/a/LvWMs#0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom