• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

I was checking out Masamune-kun no Revenge when I stumbled upon this:

42? I've seen some old lolis in anime/manga, but holy monkey-christ on a stick
It's not even that rare of a phenomenon lol

iTPWY9zYffSfE.png

imaxb2ybGdfWu.png

One Piece 727

Would have been more interesting if it hadnt been yet another case in which someone in a royal position in one piece meets some unfortunate circumstance that with citizens that must pay a price. Interesting backstory anyway.

Nordicus

It's not even that rare of a phenomenon lol

The second example isn't all that good tho. If we allow stuff like "I got turned into a little girl!" or "I'm immortal!" then yeah, the amount of old loli characters is pretty big. I wasn't speaking about those kinds of characters tho.

Bleach 556

Hinamori trying to die again.

Guess somethings truly won't change.

New Bankai looks boss.

One Piece 727

Never liked Drake, but I'm interested if were following him with the cover stories now.

And Doffy is one evil guy.

Yoake e no Senkou 1
tumblr_mvuqjjpbpr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kazu and Tozaki have good character designs and lots of nice panels of their faces and such which the artists always has in all her works. They dont look similar at least to the other manga which is good. Pacing is fast and the whole dining scene was sweet and entertaining. Tozaki has some interesting backstory that I hope is covered a little bit more deeply and in someway that Kazu could help him out.

KingJ2002

Naruto:

Talk no jutsu wins!!! but they still have to deal with Madara... you know the immortal shinigami with the key to becoming another sage of six paths... and there's the inevitable fight between Naruto and Sasuke... that also needs to happen before this manga wraps up.

Bleach:

Wow... now Komamura makes sense and his character is validated. The new bankai looks dope and at the same time the revelation of these wolf-men means they're immortal beings... it explains how he could get his chest blasted through and still live. Either way... fighting that girl with Gambit's ability won't be easy... especially if she makes his bankai explode.

Bleach

So he killed himself, then a giant Newfoundland told him how to become a human? I'm sorry but that's just stupid as fuck. It's really goddamn stupid. That's the dumbest thing I'll read this week.

Well he's not human... he's still a wolf man (peep the arms, ears). He was just in a beastial form which not only kept him alive but weaker... he had to rip out his heart (or kill himself) to become a soul and in turn end the curse to revert back to a wolf man.

Thing is... i don't understand why they don't just do this... but i assume that if the entire clan killed themselves it serves the purpose of wiping the clan out. So they chose to remain in their weaker beast form.

Naruto: you can't make this shit up.
eP7mLjY.jpg

Naruto now has the ability to warp reality with his TnJ.

Bleach: Decent. My waifu looks so crazy.

One Piece: Doflamingo is pure evil, and one of the better villains we've had.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 85

I imagine the solution here is for Yamada to steal Saionji's powers - if her powers work like Nene's, a second smooch could erase it....right?

ryan13ts

One Piece

Drake was the first to go after Kaidou, is he now working for him based on the cover story?

I'm betting he was just trying to get Kaidou's attention by roughing up his minions. His aim all along probably was to work for Kaidou.... That or he's still aiming for his head and doesn't like any competition in that area (Thinking Caribou was after the same thing)

And damn, Doffy is one evil son of a bitch. I soooooo can't wait to see Luffy stomp his ass, especially after this shit.

Also, does anyone think the ENTIRE the crew will actually get real fights this time around , and not just the monster trio? Doflamingo obviously has a vast criminal enterprise with lots of strong subordinates w/DF abilities, so I feel this would be a huge waste if everyone in the crew didn't get a proper fight this arc. They are in the New World after all and this is their first major encounter with a big player there, so I hope Oda will give everyone time to shine combat wise and not just have everyone that's not Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji fight off fodder. Hell, we haven't seen Robin have anything resembling a proper fight since Skypeia, and even that was laughable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how dude in Aunt Tits apparently got laid like 20 chapters ago but y'all are still making reaction posts like whatever meaningless girl of the week showed up is important.

Tacitus_

One Piece

Again with the "if this doesn't work, I have explosives on me and I'll take us both out" plot. Has this ever worked in a shonen?

xaosslug

What next Bleach arc? This is it. This is the final arc (thank god).

eh, I doubt it. I mean why introduce this super powerful race of wolf men all for nothing? The Quincy are probably gonna take a break after the Sternritter currently in SS are stomped, then wolf men arc, and then back to the Wandenreich, etc.

scy

I like how dude in Aunt Tits apparently got laid like 20 chapters ago but y'all are still making reaction posts like whatever meaningless girl of the week showed up is important.

This implies that any girl is more important than the Aunt.

Edit: That is, including the girl he slept with. She's unimportant too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
eh, I doubt it. I mean why introduce this super powerful race of wolf men all for nothing? The Quincy are probably gonna take a break after the Sternritter currently in SS are stomped, then wolf men arc, and then back to the Wandenreich, etc.

Kubo came out and said this is the endgame. Introducing the wolf men and doing nothing with them is exactly like something Kubo would do. Don't expect anything from it.

xaosslug

Kubo came out and said this is the endgame. Introducing the wolf men and doing nothing with them is exactly like something Kubo would do. Don't expect anything from it.

people expecting the Bleach endgame/Quincy arc to not have numerous breaks before it's wrapped are gonna be in for a surprise, imo... LOL

You say that as if they were ever intended from inception to be potential villains, which I highly doubt. They served as backstory and nothing more.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece
So I'm guessing we're gonna get 3 flashbacks this arc. We already got Rebecca's and now we have Toy Soldier's. But we still need Law's to explain the inner workings of Doflamingo's operation.

Bleach
So Erotica ate the explosion-explosion fruit.

And wut at the dog-human explanation. Doesn't make much sense.

Angry Grimace

The fact that Jump and Kubo made such a big fucking deal about Bleach ending is what makes me not all that confident Naruto is anywhere near being over.

Just ending an extremely popular series with no fanfare at all would be an exceptionally shitty marketing decision. Then again, we're talking about the Japanese Entertaintainment industry. The same one that refused to make any more Chrono Trigger sequels.

grandjedi6

The fact that Jump and Kubo made such a big fucking deal about Bleach ending is what makes me not all that confident Naruto is anywhere near being over.

Just ending an extremely popular series with no fanfare at all would be an exceptionally shitty marketing decision. Then again, we're talking about the Japanese Entertaintainment industry. The same one that refused to make any more Chrono Trigger sequels.

Naruto's only ending soon if Kishimoto pulls a Toriyama and quits suddenly. But Kishimoto doesn't seem very motivated to do that (and abandon the money). Plus I'm sure Shonen Jump watches out for that sort of thing now, if they don't outright ban it in contracts.

upandaway

One Piece
So I'm guessing we're gonna get 3 flashbacks this arc. We already got Rebecca's and now we have Toy Soldier's. But we still need Law's to explain the inner workings of Doflamingo's operation.
That's not what I expected you to say about Law's flashback. That thing needs to give out a lot more than some inner workings!

And even then, Law doesn't have anything to do with Mango's Tenryuubito history, who knows when we'll get that stuff.

people expecting the Bleach endgame/Quincy arc to not have numerous breaks before it's wrapped are gonna be in for a surprise, imo... LOL

Well with how Kubo has sped over and forgotten Soul King as well as just freely given everyone arrancar like abilities...I think Kubo is ending this faster than fans would like to believe.

grandjedi6

One Piece
That's not what I expected you to say about Law's flashback. That thing needs to give out a lot more than some inner workings!

And even then, Law doesn't have anything to do with Mango's Tenryuubito history, who knows when we'll get that stuff.

At most we'll get that as a 1 or 2 page flashback that Doflamingo has at the very end while he awaits his destruction via Kaido.

One Piece 727

Flashbacksssssssssssss!

Though pretty interesting at the very least and I like how the solider just went into the flashback not caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom