• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWong

Funny, I went and read volume 2 of Opus today.
The wall breaking in it is pretty amazing. Wish it could have had a real ending, though even the way it ends in is interesting in its own way.

Yeah, some of his other works - manga - are also full of great narratives/visual ideas (World Appartment Horror, Seraphim). He did a great (even if too short) carreer as an animator/director but I will always regret he couldn't also go further as a mangaka.

LeleSocho

Banned
Amanchu! volume 3
FZy.jpg

Man oh man, so good (and this time the screen tones weren't fucked like in volume 2). That train usage just to watch some plants for 1 second. The teacher is as much of a kid as the rest of them.
Teko is so sweetly cute, which complements Pikari's coolness and whackery perfectly.
The episode about the twins, with the poor dude getting kicked left and right XD
I'll say once again, the only Amano worth something to me.

Oh god you reminded me that i've yet to buy (or at least search) Aria and Aqua.
Will put a reminder on the phone.

Also: how's the GP edition quality? paper is good? and the print? I only had one volume of MH made by GP but it sucked ass.

Akito

Koe no Katachi 9-10
Meh, making Ishida the MC for the serialization was a shitty idea, it makes almost everything that was unique about the oneshot obsolete.

Kokushi Musou - 1

The main character in this manga is beginning of Shippuden Sasuke. He doesn't look like him but acts 90% like him. Want to know the difference between him and Sasuke? This main character calls people useless, hates being with people, and thinks everyone's weak. Your probably thinking "that's no different then Sasuke." The true difference is that Sasuke didn't tell people to their face so critically. This dude literally went up to people and called them weak, eww. Dude comes off as a total waste of space the whole read.

He seems like he changes a little bit near the end, but he probably still has that philosophy of everyone being weak. Such a terrible main character! The 2nd main character Kid seems like he can carry the manga though, he reminded me of Gon a little bit. Kid is mostly the reason why I'll probably give this another read.

After the bad main character, everything else was good. Interesting story, Kid seems like a pretty cool character (which I believe HE should be the MC, not Ro), and the art is decent.

Wow. It finally happened. Viz is now using iBooks.

+ can just buy on iBooks and skip the whole viz app nonsense

- can't port over anything you already bought
- can't buy on web and read in iBooks; you're using apple's sandbox, not viz'
- forget about sales

So it looks like HxH might resume serialization before the end of the year http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showt...and-TOC-Talk?p=3589283&viewfull=1#post3589283

I am pretty sure that the last time it went on hiatus, it was the first chapter of a new story arc. Wonder if this means we are going to get a filler arc at some point (either after Ant arc, or after the 1 remaining unanimated arc) to give some time for this new arc to be written.
:eek:

Watch it be another special one-off, movie tie-in chapter

Hime-dol!! 7

Do all people interested in idol series stick to the same character type for a manager type role. I think its a nice event but would have been better if it didnt clearly seem like the writer is rushing through this.

upandaway

Send me a PM with your questions. Here is my answer:

Buy Persona 4 Golden
I got SS for free, besides that I'm waiting until I'll start working/finish all my current games before I buy anything. P4G is sitting snugly in my Amazon wishlist right now.

You can always just ask those here.
I guess, no rush though. Didn't even plan to get a Vita till 2015 so I'm kinda out there right now.

LeleSocho

Banned

Without getting into details... Games aside that at the end of the gen will be almost the same on both the platforms, a console that is noticably more powerful that costs 100$ less is a no brainer... Without even counting all the shitty policies of Ms.

But let's not ruin this thread with this crap :p

bigkrev

Without getting into details... Games aside that at the end of the gen will be almost the same on both the platforms, a console that is noticably more powerful that costs 100$ less is a no brainer... Without even counting all the shitty policies of Ms.

But let's not ruin this thread with this crap :p

100% right, I have no idea what the fuck people are even arguing about anymore. Unless you want the launch games more on Xbone, there is no reason to buy a Xbone over a PS4 this year. Games will play better on the machine that's 100 less. For most people, wait till next year for the kinect-less version knocking them to price parity, and for more games to come out/programming to get better to make your decision

Nisekoi

LOL she knew the whole time, and was just fucking with them. Sad no futa reveal :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
100% right, I have no idea what the fuck people are even arguing about anymore. Unless you want the launch games more on Xbone, there is no reason to buy a Xbone over a PS4 this year. Games will play better on the machine that's 100 less. For most people, wait till next year for the kinect-less version knocking them to price parity, and for more games to come out/programming to get better to make your decision

Nisekoi

LOL she knew the whole time, and was just fucking with them. Sad no futa reveal :(

That IS kind of the point. Its just a lot of pointless piling on at this point.

REC 9-28
This is a fairly good, much better art than before and the new characters are fairly interesting, namely the director. These chapters are more engaging than the earlier and some are fairly funny. Since the main couple are now dating, instead of the stupid stuff other romcoms tend to do, the plot is more about the development of their relationship( which still has some stupidity but the cliches aren't as bad in it). This a pretty feel-good story though there is a dramatic chapter
where Aka almost gets raped

Hime-dol 7
Well that character is interesting

Aunt Tits 100
Well, how long this arc last, doesn't seem it'll be that til he gets her pants

Solune

I got SS for free, besides that I'm waiting until I'll start working/finish all my current games before I buy anything. P4G is sitting snugly in my Amazon wishlist right now.

I guess, no rush though. Didn't even plan to get a Vita till 2015 so I'm kinda out there right now.

Vita TV and Ys Celceta =3

Lain

Oh god you reminded me that i've yet to buy (or at least search) Aria and Aqua.
Will put a reminder on the phone.

Also: how's the GP edition quality? paper is good? and the print? I only had one volume of MH made by GP but it sucked ass.

Nothing outstanding, print was OK in the first volume, but they fucked up the screen tones for the second, so all the shadowing details were lost. Luckily they didn't do the same error for the third one.
For the price it could be a much better product (though I also guess it's almost 6€ because Amano doesn't sell well in Italy), but I don't have much of a choice if I want to support Kozue Amano here.

In before I start buying copies of OreImo manga ._.

I already do that, you should too!

I already do that, you should too!

Luckily, my hatred of Kirino is stronger than my need to impulse buy from Amazon. :p

Senyuu. 2-3

Once a traitor, will always betray you.

Rin-ne 152

Pretty amusing chapter.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan 18

Chinese steam buns are the best.

I haven't seen anything else about this yet and I am already suspiciously interested

It's from the same author as Seitokai Yakuindomo, just set in a slightly different setting!

-------------------------

Hime-dol!! 07

Oh no, the dreaded last minute sabotage. I guess it was somewhat interesting.

Amanchu! volume 3
FZy.jpg

Man oh man, so good (and this time the screen tones weren't fucked like in volume 2). That train usage just to watch some plants for 1 second. The teacher is as much of a kid as the rest of them.
Teko is so sweetly cute, which complements Pikari's coolness and whackery perfectly.
The episode about the twins, with the poor dude getting kicked left and right XD
I'll say once again, the only Amano worth something to me.

scenery pron. im debating on watching or reading aria. aqua was a treat.

Naruto/Ninja Preacher

Row row row.

Bleach
Hey I was right about Bambi having explosions as her form of attack. Nice to see Shinji get pwned and Hinamori almost get killed.

As for Koma....WHAT!!! WEREWOLFS in my Bleach! I dunno how to feel about this. Part of me wants to laugh and say this is awesome. That DTL will love this chapter for the new Koma is a given.

The new Bankai looks sick. Wonder why Koma hid his face just because he became a human again. I doubt Bambi will go down like Cang Du did with Hitsugaya though. Koma isn't exactly known for his rep as a good fighter barring Tousen which was with the help of Hisagi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom