• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Margot Robbie is your Harley Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Judas Contract

talesoftheteentitans55p24+-+Copy.jpg

I... don't think I can see the old teen titans cartoon the same anymore.

MrChom

Her outfit in Assault on Arkham was like the Animated Series one except they removed large areas of fabric. I love how low her pants are in this. Haha.

p72DHUZ.jpg

Much as I hate the movie if they covered the midriff I'd be happier with this.

Fortunately Zack Snyder may bore audiences to death first, and it may yet get canned...

Brittany Murphy was born to play Harley, sadly she's not with us anymore.

I really hope the outfit is interesting and not overly sexualized.

strafer

Brittany Murphy was born to play Harley, sadly she's not with us anymore.

I really hope the outfit is interesting and not overly sexualized.

Yep.

She would have been perfect.

Shame.

Both Heath and Murphy gone.

Maybe they would have done a movie together as The Joker and Harley.

Squire

Banned
If only Collider is reporting this, shouldn't it be taken with a grain of salt? I recall Weintraub was dead certain that Phoenix was playing Dr. Strange just a month or so back.

I've seen plenty of headlines elsewhere, but I'm not reading the posts, so I don't know if they're sourcing Collider or not. Other sites are reporting the news though.

Weintraub broke the story on Inhumans months ago and I believe he's mentioned a few other things Collider broke and didn't get their due for. He has a real chip on his shoulder about that and understandably so, I think.

ReiGun

Much as I hate the movie if they covered the midriff I'd be happier with this.

Fortunately Zack Snyder may bore audiences to death first, and it may yet get canned...

It comes out months after BvS. Synder would have to deliver a failure on a magnitude that's not even humanly possible to get them to can a movie after it's been completed and deep in post.

I've seen plenty of headlines elsewhere, but I'm not reading the posts, so I don't know if they're sourcing Collider or not. Other sites are reporting the news though.

Weintraub broke the story on Inhumans months ago and I believe he's mentioned a few other things Collider broke and didn't get their due for. He has a real chip on his shoulder about that and understandably so, I think.

As far as I can tell, literally every other site "reporting" on this is just sourcing Collider, so... grain of salt for me. Variety and THR aren't touching it, at least not yet.

I'd be okay with this. Go with the Arkham head (pigtails + domino mask) and a suit like this one (evocative of a clown outfit/her original suit while not 100% adhering to it) and you've got a good balance.

They're definitely going to go with the new slutty Harley, though, and cement her in history as the standard look. So sad. :'(

This is probably going to be the case, but you could easily sex up her original outfit. Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is still the hottest thing we've seen in a superhero flick and that was almost 25 years ago. You make it nice and tight, shiny but have dark red and really focus on her acrobatic side, and thus her well toned butt, and you'd easily be able to have sex appeal Harley without using the skimpy, nearly nude redesign.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that we see her in multiple costumes, actually, including the classic.

Odoul

I remember originally there was talk of her being cast as Vixen*.

Would have been worth it just for the shitstorm.
I hope she's funny.

And I wonder if she has too...hard/sexy a look for Harley.

Even at her worst/violent/sadistic there should be a touch of tragedy/brokenness with her.

tumblr_n9i8lqNrnd1rj3pljo1_500.gif

Anyway, HYPED!

*I still hope Vixen is on the team. Though if it's true Will Smith gets cast they'll probably be like 1 lady, 1 negro. NOT ONE MORE!

I hope she's funny.

Even at her worst/violent/sadistic there should be a touch of tragedy/brokenness with her.

Anyway, HYPED!

*I still hope Vixen is on the team. Though if it's true Will Smith gets cast they'll probably be like 1 lady, 1 negro. NOT ONE MORE!

Vixen/Harley banter would be amazing.

BadAss2961

I hope she's funny.

Anyway, HYPED!

I was thinking this too. I haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street or any of Robbie's movies, so I only have the gifs and responses from this thread to go on. Judging from that, assuming she has the role, they'll have to tone down her sex appeal and supermodel looks a bit to fit the character. Harley's supposed to be cute, but not a knockout.

As you mentioned with Harley being a tragic figure deep down, Robbie will have to show vulnerability from time to time. Joker is one cruel bastard.

hamchan

She was great in Wolf of Wall Street. Never thought she would start becoming huge like this when I was watching her when she was on Neighbours, an Australian soap opera, but here she is in the big leagues. Happy for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom