• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

too late...

screen-9.jpg

I hope Peach's Amiibo gives her her Smash Bros. look.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Triforce Cup (Crossover Courses):
- Excitebike
- F-Zero
- Legend of Zelda
- (???)

Egg Cup (Classic/New Courses):
- Wario's Gold Mine Wii
- (???)
- (???)
- (???)

Vehicles:
- Excitebike
- F-Zero (Blue Falcon)
- Legend of Zelda (Epona or train?)
- (???)

That's what I'm thinking.

Wouldn't make much sense to call it the Triforce Cup if only one of the tracks is related to Zelda.

It just occoured to me that peach's hand is...oh my.

Wow, Sakurai's a perv.

I want new characters not based on current characters.

Other than that I no complaints. But inevitably, we will have races deluged with same-ish characters. It is already littered with koopa kids.

Give me the Super Mario 2 bosses next.

random25

Since we still have 3 unused icons for the cups, so I'm expecting at least 2 more DLCs in the future. Hoping for Kirby for the next DLC.

EulaCapra

Pretty ballsy (and evil) of them to schedule DLC 9 months in advance.

And very interesting to (allegedly) do an all Zelda and Animal Crossing cup judging by their cup logos. I wonder if they'll put the 3 other unused cups to use.
DLCAllCups.png

blamite

Kirby's Air Ride course + air ride machine kart plzzzzzzzzzzzz

(also getting Kirby as a DLC character would make my life)

Jawmuncher

Damn that's a good as deal for DLC.
Companies better take note. Reward your consumer for buying all the DLCs. Rather than shoving season passes down our throats.

So .. considering it will be online TOMORROW, was it a leak ? =P

Everyone gets their smash bros look for Amiibo .... even the Smash bros pose.

I know, I meant in MK8 =P

So if you use your Amiibo in MK8 it gives them their Smash Bros. look in the game.

Meesh

This is so beautiful. *sniff

It's practically a boyhood dream of mine to have Zelda Kart Racer, using Link in MK is the next best thing, I'll take it :)

Nintendo the new dlc gods?

Nintendo the new dlc gods!!

18-Volt

Yep, great value. Here's hoping that they would do the same with Smash. I want my playable Rayman, both in Kart and Smash!

JMRante

Neo Member
It's pretty rad how many additional tracks they are adding to this game; I was always afraid Mario Kart would be stuck with just the formulaic 32 tracks per title.

RK128

Pretty ballsy (and evil) of them to schedule DLC 9 months in advance.

And very interesting to (allegedly) do an all Zelda and Animal Crossing cup judging by their cup logos. I wonder if they'll put the 3 other unused cups to use.
DLCAllCups.png

My guess is this:

-Two will be for returning classic tracks from the past Mario Karts (the classic courses from Mario Kart 7, Wii and DS Classic Cups)
-One will be strictly for battle maps (makes since considering how lacking Battle Mode in MK8 seems to be lacking).

lt519

Lot of hype. How many you think will pre-order and never play? I have friends do this all the time with season passes.

I'm definitely getting but I'll wait til November.

Holy Carp
They could've charged $30 for a DLC which is about 50% of the game.
I really like this DLC approach reasonable pricing for a full featured DLC

NateDrake

With all of these leaks, Nintendo has to have a huge Nintendo Direct just waiting to be shown.

What leak? Aside from Smash nothing else has leaked. Nintendo UK published the DLC early, if anything. This announcement was coming tomorrow morning once the patch was released.

Top Bottom