• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Info Thread

NotLiquid

mk8-86eu25.gif

Liethe

Brilliant! I didn't even think of using the actual logo "8"! I guess that's why I don't make this stuff, haha.

I have been trying to cut down on any mario kart stuff ever since the direct, but most nights I still end up youtubing the latest MK8 related things uploaded that day...

That said, we are getting there! Soon it will be upon us and we'll wonder what it was like without Mario Kart 8.

It sucked.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They fixed the issues, though. You can't use the download code until midnight.

I will actually wait to see if amazon will deliver the steelbook in time to arrive before my holiday and if not I will cancel that and get the code from Game.

JLck

So if I get the code from Game I'll be able to download the game on release at midnight?

I won't be waiting all day for the code to work?

KHlover

Banned
So 8 days to go until I get my Steelbook edition :p

And I still dont know which free game I should pick...HELP
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/WW HD/Pikmin 3/W101 are imo the best games in the offer.

I already have two of those, but I can't decide between Pikmin3 and W101. Help me GAF :S

If you're badass and risky, The Wonderful 101.

If you're safe but have high standards, Pikmin 3.

Out of those 10 games I only got WindWaker..I'm thinking about NSMBU/Pikmin 3/Nintendoland/Wii Party U but I want some kind of multiplayer though Mario Kart 8 will be the major multiplayer title for the next 6 months I guess :D

NEver played Pikmin before and the WOnderful 101 demo wasnt very interesting (just my opinion dont shit on me)

Gsnap

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/WW HD/Pikmin 3/W101 are imo the best games in the offer.

I already have two of those, but I can't decide between Pikmin3 and W101. Help me GAF :S

I would say Pikmin 3. Mainly because I think it's great. But also, isn't W101 pretty cheap now?

I can't seem to find the Super Mario Kart promo terms anymore. Apparently after the wonderful101 issues (registering Pikmin 3 before launch not getting 30% off) bought codes won't get these bonuses (likewise Mairo Golf code won't give you GBC Mario Golf). But thing is if you bought the code for that from GAME you can also buy the code for MK8 from them and still be better off.

Ahh sorry I meant digitally. I only buy digital these days, and I wanted the SMK discount but £50 is AU$92 which is a rip off.
You are probably aware that the European download codes won't work in on the Australian eShop (but it is no problem making an using a UK NNID).

Will this code work in other European countries?
It should do. I don't expect it to work in Oceania (Aus, NZ) as the NNP site has them as a separate region (but it all links to the same info :S ).

Do you still get the Digital deluxe points?
We don't get those in Europe, instead we get Nintendo Network Premium points* :p It should work:
https://p.nintendo.net/premium/static.do#anchor-02 said:
Purchase downloadable software or add-on content, or redeem download codes for downloadable software or add-on content (download codes may be purchased at retail).

*-I'm guessing the different branding is due to sales taxes not making it 10% for most of them

dwells

Love the bright colors and art in this game, but the jaggies are really a shame. It seems strange to me that there's no AA solution whatsoever when the previous first party WiiU titles have had rather good image quality.

For those curious what the game would look like anti-aliased, I went ahead and rerendered a few scenes with anti-aliasing on. Anti-aliased versions are on the right.

Spades

I made an assumption that this game will have 4-player split screen and invited 3 friends over on release day. It does support 4-player local play, right?

hwy_61

Banned
I made an assumption that this game will have 4-player split screen and invited 3 friends over on release day. It does support 4-player local play, right?

Local Grand Prix
For the first time ever, the game's Grand Prix mode can be played by up to four players simultaneously via splitscreen. A full set of 12 racers with a maximum of four human players.

Taken from the giant bomb wiki.

This article even has its own pie chart! Take that Polygon!

1400679384044877.png

lol, this is pretty much me. Except I don't even play online at all because most of the fun for me comes from local multiplayer with kart racers. I usually just play to unlock everything and maybe 3-star all the cups, then the game just sits collecting dust until friends are visiting.

I might play online with MK8, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom