• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker: online level sharing seemingly confirmed in iJustine Miyamoto interview

Kouriozan

Sad that it had to be "confirmed" because it's Nintendo, but I have a lot of hope for the community.
We need cool feature like number of deaths or best score/time.

The Flash

Banned
I'm honestly surprised that it's taken Nintendo this long to make a game like this. Sony has LBP, Microsoft has Project Spark (and Minecraft but yeah), and now Nintendo has Mario Maker. There is balance in the Force.

Business

For an awkward moment I thought Miyamoto was pinching his nipples... Thankfully he was only showing off his Splatoon t-shirt.

The game has always been about 'creating and sharing' so I'd be surprised if there is no online sharing in this game.

Also wow iJustine, didn't know her youtube fame was still going strong.

wonder why that is, it's not like you need to live in LA to be a big name youtube celebrity

Probably helps for networking or some bullshit.

Or maybe they all just lived there to begin with, and absorbed the weirdo charisma necessary to become internet popular by osmosis.

The Flash

Banned
wonder why that is, it's not like you need to live in LA to be a big name youtube celebrity

Combination of it being the entertainment capital of the world, YouTube has a big facility there that they loan out to people like iJustine, and people who do video production work are plentiful

Gawwww Miyamoto always makes me smile. He just looks so happy.

Also, these Youtube interviews are cropping up everywhere. I should've started a youtube channel like, last week. I think I could have had a few million subscribers by then, being a drunk cartoon elephant and all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's next? Sakurai's interview from Maximilian Dood?

well she does have a "Let's Play" channel on YouTube, but she never really plays any Nintendo games on it (mostly Call of Duty actually), except for the odd Mario Kart 64 video.

I remember a Portal 2 video where she spent 30 minutes trying to figure out she had to place an exit portal on a higher ledge so she could reach it by placing an entry portal where she could enter it.

As said before there's established precedent for level sharing in other Nintendo games but still good to hear confirmation.

Also, since they're going to apparently start making a semi-regular practice of promoting by occasionally visiting online personalities, it'd be nice if they also visited some popular game specific folks like Classic Game Room HD, GameXplain, Angry Gamer, ect

Mpl90

As said before there's established precedent for level sharing in other Nintendo games but still good to hear confirmation.

Also, since they're going to apparently start making a semi-regular practice of promoting by occasionally visiting online personalities, it'd be nice if they also visited some popular game specific folks like Classic Game Room HD, GameXplain, Angry Gamer, ect

1 hour and 30 minutes video confirmed, in the case.

Mpl90

Also, she seems to have a Mario Maker poster somehow. Look at the reflection in the mirror starting around 6:15.

Grizzo

Wow, I've honestly never heard of her.

I remember watching her livestreams on JustinTV back then. She's actually the reason why I signed up on Twitter back in 2007, when the site was still unknown, so I'll always have some sort of admiration for her.

Boney

Banned
So uh, they should make an Iwata asks YouTube channel. Invite iCarly or the kids react panel and get rich.

brett2

I'm really looking forward to this game. I know you can use PC based level hacks but being able to design a level then hand the controller to a friend to try it out is a massive difference. The online community of level creators should keep the game fun for months.

If it's a success I hope Nintendo considers doing similar projects for other games like Zelda.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Among a dedicated crowd, yeah. I think it'll be a rather niche title, to be honest. Would love to be proven wrong, though, and have it be a big success.
Back when this was announced at E3 I saw a bunch of people who I wouldn't consider maybe the standard Nintendo demographic losing their minds at the idea of being able to create their own Mario stages.

Anecdotal evidence, but I think it could have some significant measure of success.

daydream

Banned
Back when this was announced at E3 I saw a bunch of people who I wouldn't consider maybe the standard Nintendo demographic losing their minds at the idea of being able to create their own Mario stages.

Anecdotal evidence, but I think it could have some significant measure of success.

Fingers crossed!

Mpl90

I said this for yesterday's thread, I'll say it again here: I like how Miya and Bill are highlighting as much as possible in terms of games. I like that they don't hype just, let's say, Mario Party 10 or Mario Maker, but also Zelda, Splatoon, Star Fox. And the channels they did the interview for have usually a good amount of females / kids among their audience, right?

TheMoon

There was never any question whether online sharing was in really. All their games with level creation have had online sharing for many many many years now.

But great to finally settle this with official comments.

Top Bottom