• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes - 5.6GB Patch Live - Human Torch, Eternity Splinters, Midtown Manhattan

DrBo42

Yeah, I'll need to see how that armor looks in-game. He's a pretty bad hero but he has some nice armor.

DrBo42

So how much would Cable set me back in dollars so i can try this game with some AHVB x3 action?

I want to say he's $4.50 but I could be wrong.

Edit: You can get the store version with Cable, 3 skins, and a Cable exclusive inventory slot for $14. Again, someone with access to the game right now would need to confirm hero price.

Ribbon

Anybody know the Cube Shard -> Eternity Splinter conversion rate? I've got about 30 shards and am wondering if it's worth downloading the patch.

DrBo42

Anybody know the Cube Shard -> Eternity Splinter conversion rate? I've got about 30 shards and am wondering if it's worth downloading the patch.

They axed that feature. They're adding better Fortune Cards or items to it allegedly.

DrBo42

Nevermind. Was thinking cosmic cubes. lol

You're talking about Cosmic Keys. That ratio is 1:1. Shards however are currently unable to trade for Splinters but Doomsaw has posted today after outrage that it will in at some point.

So between 20-60 hours of play to unlock a hero?
Not sure what the Live server rate is on Splinter drops or if special item find gear will enhance it. Stay tuned.

WarMacheen

Some significant changes. If anything it shows that the developers are listening and are actively trying to make the game better at a pretty quick rate.

DrBo42

Well, server has been down for hours now. Apparently this massive patch didn't sit well with the server. Engineers are currently still diagnosing the issue meanwhile Doomsaw is doing an improvised AMA on the forums to keep people entertained. Just mentioned the planned character rate is 14 per year. Imagine that.

sleepykyo

Thing will receive a full review in the coming weeks.

Steadfast Aura: Now grants healing per second. This improvement, and the defense improvement to Guardian Aura, were made to help offset the reduction in bonus damage granted by Aggressive Aura, which was granting multiple times the bonus that other similar powers were

But I liked getting +4xx damage to all skills. Depending on the severity of damage bonus reduction, might drop Thing and focus on Ms. Marvel now that they've given her damage mitigation.

DrBo42

Cluster-fuck, engaged! Patch is fubar, reverting to previous game state. If you downloaded the 5.6 GB patch today, you will have to download it again whenever they fix it later this week or next. I would recommend that you forget about playing until that happens, it's just not worth it.

hamchan

Cluster-fuck, engaged! Patch is fubar, reverting to previous game state. If you downloaded the 5.6 GB patch today, you will have to download it again whenever they fix it later this week or next. I would recommend that you forget about playing until that happens, it's just not worth it.

Alright, I'm pretty damn annoyed about that. I have bandwidth limits. They've been running a test server for this patch too wtf.

DrBo42

Alright, I'm pretty damn annoyed about that. I have bandwidth limits. They've been running a test server for this patch too wtf.

No idea. It's ridiculous. Luckily this will get them to finally build in a patching system for incremental updates.

Top Bottom