• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
So...allow me to do a PERSONAL recap of all the times I got fucked.

from MvC2 to MvC3 I lost these MAINS:

Jin
Cyclops
Gambit
Juggernaut
Sabretooth
Silver Samurai
Rogue

Picked up the pieces, dusted off, got new mains in MvC3.
Now here's who I lost YET AGAIN as MAINS going into MvC Infinite:

Wesker
Zero
Dormammu
Viewtiful Joe
Akuma
Vergil

...FUCK

Harpoon

So with the first DLC wave being said to be all brand-new characters, but Venom getting a MVCI variant cover, how's that going to work?

RedBoot

No Loki on the base roster basically says all the good and popular picks are DLC.

I think Loki has a good shot at DLC considering that new characters will be hitting right around Thor 3's release and it's not like there's any other Thor characters they'd use.

Though I'd be okay with Jeff Goldblum DLC. He doesn't even have to be the Grandmaster.

Skab

Someone can make it. (The original Ryce leak of MVC was made into a thread from a community post)
Not gonna be me though.

Where's Yams when we need him.

The fighting styles presented are fine. Nemesis being back is dope. I guess my main problem is that it's 28 characters. I expected a lot of veteran characters just not that few newcomers. If it was 32-36 cool but eh

34 if you count the 6 newcomers coming as dlc in 2017. That counts for something I think?

Jawmuncher

The fighting styles presented are fine. Nemesis being back is dope. I guess my main problem is that it's 28 characters. I expected a lot of veteran characters just not that few newcomers. If it was 32-36 cool but eh

They could've reworked this to be a lot more diversity. The gameplay styles are there like you said. But it's depressing seeing everything else.

So with the first DLC wave being said to be all brand-new characters, but Venom getting a MVCI variant cover, how's that going to work?

Sigma and Venom are likely the first DLC drop. I would be surprised if the DLC isn't released in 2s.

opricnik

Banned
Cutting capcom characters is really one way to make dlc because while marvel will always have unlimited character roater capcom side wouldnt be that big in comparison or paired

vg260

That's not terrible, but it's not exciting either. It's just small and safe.

I love GnG, so Arthur who is a classic Capcom character is a worthy pick, but Firebrand too for the roster size is pushing it.

Really disappointed no (non-Venom) Spidey villain, but at least Dr. Octopus lite is in Injustice2.

Overall, I can't see this exciting too many people that weren't already getting it. This really should be delayed to include six new comer DLC characters in the base roster. That could have really made an impression difference. As-is, it's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

sinkfla87

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Ryce's heads up about the games existence in the first place mention that this was supposed to be a different Vs. game but was made into a MVC game early or halfway through development? It would explain a lot of reused characters.

Can't really explain enough how disappointed I am with this roster. People have been begging for Asura, Gene, Power Stone characters, Rival School characters, the return of Venom + Jin, Marvel characters that never made it into games before, etc. The list goes on.

They didn't just drop the ball here, they fucking nuked the court.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I thought they were a done deal for DLC? Didn't Ryce say that?

Well, after I saw the full roster list so I have a weird theory about them already planned out Base Roster, season 2017 and season 2018 with the characters before they lift the ban. It's probably me being a pessimist! 😜

Dahbomb

Guy 1: "Hey man you getting dat new Mahvel?"

Guy 2: "Yeah you know it. You know who you gonna main?"

Guy 1: "Son you know I am all about dat Wolverine and MAGNASH. GIMME DAT X MEN!!!"

Guy 2: ".... Bro they don't have X men in the game anymore. Something something corporate bull shit."

Guy 1: "Oh word... it's OK tho I still got my WEEESSSKKKER and Vergil cheap ass teleporter team."

Guy 2: "Nah man they aren't in the game either. They got Nemesis tho!"

Guy 1: "It's aight... it's aight. I will just pick my boys Zero and Dr Doom. Gonna Hidden Missiles and Zoop zoop the fuck outta these scrubs on day 1..."

Guy 2: "... I.. they didn't make it man.. I'm sorry"

Guy 1: "It's cool, it's cool.... I KNOW they got MAH DORMAMMU DAWG and Ghost Rider for that flaming head duo team!"

Guy 2: "... So I heard that Injustice 2 game is pretty dope."

Skab

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't Ryce's heads up about the games existence in the first place mention that this was supposed to be a different Vs. game but was made into a MVC game early or halfway through development? It would explain a lot of reused characters.

Can't really explain enough how disappointed I am with this roster. People have been begging for Asura, Gene, Power Stone characters, Rival School characters, the return of Venom + Jin, Marvel characters that never made it into games before, etc. The list goes on.

That was Sneakers, not Ryce

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I can't believe I got hoe'd AGAIN

What interest I had in this game got dashed against the gotdamn rocks. That DLC better be on point...either way I'm probably not gone fool with it until its all released. I even considered giving the game a chance despite all the caution, but seeing this roster....I genuinely have no one I want to play with enough to buy the game, which is sad out of 20 something characters dawg.

Shaking my damn head

D-Man

I wanted Phoenix Wright, Frank, and Asura (Frank and Nick being my UMVC3 mains) but I only got one of them. Might as well wait till the eventual DLC before I put any money on this game.

ZeroCDR

The DLC schemes they're cooking up for this game are incredibly transparent. So many recycled assets, but a load of veterans on the cutting room floor ripe to sell us monthly. Which I'd be cool with if you could earn characters like SFV, but you can't.

Feeling way worse than SFV launch for me.

Jawmuncher

Guy 1: "Hey man you getting dat new Mahvel?"

Guy 2: "Yeah you know it. You know who you gonna main?"

Guy 1: "Son you know I am all about dat Wolverine and MAGNASH. GIMME DAT X MEN!!!"

Guy 2: ".... Bro they don't have X men in the game anymore. Something something corporate bull shit."

Guy 1: "Oh word... it's OK tho I still got my WEEESSSKKKER and Vergil cheap ass team."

Guy 2: "Nah man they aren't in the game either."

Guy 1: "It's aight... it's aight. I will just pick my boys Zero and Dr Doom. Gonna Hidden Missiles and Zoop zoop the fuck outta these scrubs on day 1..."

Guy 2: "... I.. they didn't make it man.. I'm sorry"

Guy 1: "It's cool, it's cool.... I KNOW they got MAH DORMAMMU DAWG and Ghost Rider for that flaming head duo team!"

Guy 2: "... So I heard that Injustice 2 game is pretty dope."

I laughed. Since I could see this playing out in a gamestop. Hell talks I have had with some randoms about fighting games coming out are usually in this tone.

Even if this didn't start as an mvc game the capcom side of the roster still is baffling.

Only guess was this was going to originally be a Capcom All Stars game. Then half-way through they got the marvel license back and went "Shit we gotta start adding the Marvel guys into this"
Thus they had to stop at whatever they were doing with the capcom side and start putting in the marvel side.

RedBoot

Mmm, I don't know anything about that, but it'd be weird unless it was just a Capcom-only Versus style game. I mean, it's not like they'd start development without a contract underway on licensing, and I doubt they kicked Tatsunoko or someone to the curb once Marvel came calling.

(Still want my Capcom Fighting All-Stars sort of game. Fighting Jam doesn't count)

cordy

Banned
So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- 7 newcomers
- No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters
- No X-Men, F4, Final Fight, Okami, Viewtful Joe, Ace Attorney characters
- Only 1 non-MCU character
- 1 male DLC character returning from MvC2
- 9 characters returning from MvC3
- Only 2 characters from SF(Ryu, Chun-Li) and 2 from RE(Chris, ???)

Did i miss anything?

Damn man.

I actually preordered that dope CE too. If the gameplay isn't top notch and it isn't full of features I'll cancel it.

The Marvel side is 100% expected because Marvel runs that show. They are going to front load it with the known quantities that they want to promote.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It wasn't from Ryce since It was other leaker. Was it planned to be Capcom All Stars right?

shaowebb

Lol! Sounds like they're saving all exciting and fun cast that are both old and new for paid doc. Otherwise this is a full ass roster. At least there's jedah.

sinkfla87

That was Sneakers, not Ryce

Ah that's right, thank you.

Mmm, I don't know anything about that, but it'd be weird unless it was just a Capcom-only Versus style game. I mean, it's not like they'd start development without a contract underway on licensing, and I doubt they kicked Tatsunoko or someone to the curb once Marvel came calling.

(Still want my Capcom Fighting All-Stars sort of game. Fighting Jam doesn't count)

I believe that was what was stated, that it was just going to be a Capcom fighter initially. And honestly I would have been completely fine with that over what we're getting here. :(

I mean that list sounds plausible but then I saw Jedah. Like Jedah?! I would love it and it would make up for no Gene for sure.
But Jedah?
jedah-ouchies.gif~c200

Jedah the character that involves mutilating his body to shoot blood? I mean I really really want Jedah again. But Disney is gonna be cool with Jedah?
I guess Nemesis got a pass, but Nemesis is from a series that isn't dead on the cutting room floor

Anth0ny

The Marvel side is 100% expected because Marvel runs that show. They are going to front load it with the known quantities that they want to promote.

I feel like that was the same exact case with DC in Injustice... and even still Injustice 2's roster completely shits on this game's entire roster.

Marvel isn't even promoting everyone they should be promoting! Where the fuck is Black Panther? Loki? Black Widow? The list goes on...

I saw the list first, and I'm only about halfway through today's explosion but hoo boy they sure know how to pick em.

I can appreciate why people are upset, but that roster works pretty damn well for me. Sucks for those who wanted a more variety, I know my tastes aren't applicable to all. Capcom better deliver on everything else and especially so on DLC, jeez. No Ms Marvel and lack of women in general is kinda wack.

I'm still in, however.

Still feel bad for some of ya despite my earlier hate-posts for sword guys and Logan. That being said, I will admit I fucking died at "Nemesis better not get in over Wesker, or two GnG over two DMC characters", fucking DIED.

Gamora over StarLord wouldn't have called that. I'll miss Wesker despite playing as him once - was smooth and looked fun AF.

Top Bottom