• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

LMAO still can't believe that roster. I'm even mostly unscathed and that's still pretty rough hahahahaha.

X-23 died for many sins. Marvel side is good enough for me but I just reread that Capcom side. Lord.

Hope they clean up the HUD by launch. DLC and amazing gameplay can save this game. I'm still in but damn hahahaha.

It'll be a chance for people to learn to love a lot of characters I suppose. The reaction is hilarious.

I'm starting to get really fucking tired of shoestring budget Capcom games, especially fresh off Injustice 2's story mode. Wtf happened to you Capcom you used to be so great :(

Jawmuncher

Yea man, Capcom and DLC go over well. I'm sure people will be ecstatic to see new characters omitted from the launch roster and sold as DLC.

JK, people don't forget. People still shit on Capcom hard for their previous dlc shit. Hell WB and their terrible preorder characters get more of a pass than Capcom's shit. This is gonna be a bloodbath.

Yeah that is a factor. It won't all be sunshine and rainbows.
But the community itself could still be relevant if the more popular characters start hitting and it's not an odd schedule like SFV. DLC when Xmen and such hit will be a big deal for the FGC.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Whats unique about gamora to be honest.
She is sword type classic fire emblem guy how will she different then dante,monster hunter etc etc. Meh.

She's a fire emblem guy? Even better! ;-) I just mean at least she's not the most obvious marvel pick, and they can probably mess around with her to make her interesting.

Just like with Psylocke in old VS games, I think the character will mean more to FG fans because of how well Capcom brings out her personality, pairing her with their design desires, not just because everyone was in love just with the character themselves, y'know?

And at least a Green Alien played by a black woman in the MCU is pulling from somewhat more interesting visual potential, as far as humanoid characters go.

J-Tier

Marvel vs Capcom : Infinite(DLC)

Even that's not accurate, you really think we're gonna get Infinite (aka a huge amount) of DLC? Unlikely. Backlash will probably cause Capcom/Marvel to abandon ship.

They better have a tight ass presentation coming E3 to assuage our concerns.

Because that roster is egregiously missing key characters. Like many have mentioned, like of Black Panther, Loki, and Daredevil.

The hell were they thinking?

Ponn

Banned
Jesus, every news about this game is like a gut punch. I want to love this game Capcom and Marvel, really I do but why are you fighting me on this?! Jedah is the only interesting character in that list to me (more Darkstalkers love please!). The Marvel side is MCU as fuck and they aren't even hiding it anymore. Fuck mutants right Marvel? And even going off the MCU still no Black Panther? WTF. That would be a given Wolverine replacement. Even if he is DLC later thats still kinda shitty to not make him part of the main roster.

I'm in disbelief Injustice 2 is going to be the superior game, i'm fine with it but 2 years ago I would have laughed in your face if you told me that.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
At least we have Pokken, friend

Not at EVO

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hot takes:

- Both GnG characters back in is great. Great characters, great, unique gameplay styles.

- Monster Hunter feels like a wasted slot, but I'm also not a fan of the franchise, so we'll see if it has any gameplay potential. To some degree, it's a good thing one of Capcom's bigest modern franchises is getting representation.

- I assume Nemesis is the easy-to-use heavy character (what would have otherwise been Sentinel in UMvC3), but it still hurts losing Wesker who had one of the most badass movesets of all time.

- Nova being back is dope. Also another good choice for easy-to-use characters. If we were going with non-MCU characters, there are obviously X-Men and FF characters we would rather have here, but you can do worse than the grown ass man. As long as it's the grown ass man.

- Gamora over other Guardians characters is neat to see. I think gameplay wise it's nice to have a sword character and there's more potential than there would have been for Star-Lord IMO.

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur - Nice
Chris - Expected
Chun-Li - Duh
Dante - Duh
Firebrand - Kinda unexpected
Jedah - What
Monster Hunter - WHAT
Morrigan - Obligatory
Nemesis - Unexpected
Ryu - Obligatory
Spencer - Not too surprising
Strider Hiryu - Expected
X - Nice

Ant-Man - Nice
Captain America - Obligatory
Captain Marvel - Nice
Doctor Strange - Expected
Gamora - Odd choice
Hawkeye - Nice
Hulk - Obligatory
Iron Man - Obligatory
Nova - Expected
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot) - Either way, expected
Spider-Man - Obligatory
Thanos - Unexpected!
Thor - Duh
Ultron - Nice

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West - Awesome.

Comments in bold.

Strange omissions here on both sides? Where's Phoenix Wright? Joe? Felicia? Shuma? I know the X-Men are supposedly DLC, but they couldn't even sneak Wolvie in??

Skab

We still need to know which Dante.

At this point I'm almost hoping for DmC Dante just so I can continue to watch things burn.

kirblar

And i thought NRS games are bad with underrepresentation of female characters.

4 of 28? Holy shit this gotta be a joke.
Given that SFV has made it a deliberate point to make sure that there's a 2:1 gender ratio (it had the most female characters in the base roster of any SF game w/ 5), I strongly suspect this is the result of the MCU stuff and the lack of female characters in the movies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It'd be cool if Gamora has other Guardians show up along with her. Mantis, Nebula, and Starlord assisting much like character helped Captain Commando would actually make her really interesting, at least.

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

No Okami, Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Sengoku Basara, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Breathe of Fire, Mega Man, Dino Crisis, or God Hand, but two Darkstalkers and two Ghosts N Goblin characters along with Strider over Vergil and other RE characters as well? THE FUCK!?

And how the fuck did they do the MCEU without Black Widow? No X-men, Fantastic 4, Blade, Deadpool, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and so on either. Basically its Mostly B-list Capcom vs. Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom had 50 fucking characters! Base MvC 3 had 36! This starts out with 28!

opricnik

Banned
She's a fire emblem guy? Even better! ;-) I just mean at least she's not the most obvious marvel pick, and they can probably mess around with her to make her interesting.

Just like with Psylocke in old VS games, I think the character will mean more to FG fans because of how well Capcom brings out her personality, pairing her with their design desires, not just because everyone was in love just with the character themselves, y'know?

And at least a Green Alien played by a black woman in the MCU is pulling from somewhat more interesting visual potential, as far as humanoid characters go.
Visually sure but her gameplay will be generic as fuck me thinks

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
To twist the knife, watch the DLC on both side gonna be characters that people been begging for/SHOULD have been in in the first place

Bet money

HardRojo

Gamora making it is nice, but no StarLord? WTF!? And no Asura on the Capcom side? Firebrand and Arthur again? Man... I'm really disappointed if that's true, which it probably is.

J-Tier

[QUOTE="D";238627569]To twist the knife, watch the DLC on both side gonna be characters that people been begging for/SHOULD have been in in the first place

Bet money[/QUOTE]

What's lame is characters who have no chance as DLC should've been in the base roster. Guys like Viewtiful Joe and Ammy won't do well at all as DLC which means their chances are pretty fucked.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Isn't the whole point of reusing assets so that you can include a shitload of characters. This roster is garbage and I'd rather they just delay the game another 2 months.

Zaverious

That feel when you thought no X-Men and F4 would lead to newer more interesting character choices while they would come back for DLC.

Lmao

J-Tier

Ryce, you must've been grinning like an imp when we were debating Jedah after your first clue.

Also, Thanos is probably gonna take over after Ultron Sigma loses in the story based on this roster.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Capcom is really expecting this to clear 2 million, huh?
It might if they're putting all their resources into the featureset this time around. The roster is pretty much already there, and has all the Marvel characters your average Marvel fan would want, really (i.e. MCU). The X-Men thing (and perhaps the female characters thing) is the biggest thing working against the roster, but people like MCU, and there's a lot of MCU.

If the featureset isn't there and an impressive package though? Might want to ease up on the Season 2 and Season 3 speculation because it might be moot.

We're getting safe Marvel characters. The ones we expect. Nobody expected Atrocitus, Scarecrow, Grodd, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, etc. Not a single Marvel character makes me go "wow".

That's what I mean. There's no room for "wow" characters in MVCI's Marvel roster because too many characters are gonna be demanded based on marketing films and being safe picks and the like.

With Injustice 2, the level of "must-have" characters probably wasn't very high. Plenty of room for Grodds and Captain Colds.

Top Bottom