• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masahiro Yamamoto (Zettai Hero, Disgaea 4) joins Idea Factory [Mass Exodus at N1?]

AniHawk

Yeah, it seems similar to when XSEED was formed, except that was people leaving from one of the bigger publishers (Squaresoft/Square Enix) to creating one of the smallest, versus making a company that's at a cursory glance may be about the same size but has loftier goals than their original company given they're sort of going HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT A KICKSTARTER?

acttil is about an eighth the size of nisa.

KiTA

Ugh. No more Disgaea?

I hope this isn't true, or isn't as bad as it sounds. Unfortunately given the corporate culture over in Japan, we'll probably never know for sure.

mankoto

Does the fact that there will be some changes to the Disgaea series have anything to do with his leaving? Or is it just coincidental at this point?

KiTA

Does the fact that there will be some changes to the Disgaea series have anything to do with his leaving? Or is it just coincidental at this point?

The changes to Disgaea, I suspect, will be done in the same style and the same reason as the changes to Final Fantasy after FF6 -- and with about as much success.

Having said that, I'd love to see a serious SRPG from the Disgaea team. Something in the vein of Shin Megami Tensei (post-apocalyptic, desperate battle against Youkai), or maybe a Mecha SRPG -- Front Mission's dead, so why not pick up it's mantle and run with it?

Takao

Banned
The changes to Disgaea, I suspect, will be done in the same style and the same reason as the changes to Final Fantasy after FF6 -- and with about as much success.

Maybe I'm reading this post wrong, but you're saying they'll go quasi 3D due to new hardware, and sell millions of copies?

The humor and writing, mostly.

High levels and damage, silly animation for the moves, lots and lots of leveling. It basically had all the endless grinding that Disgaea is known for.

Ah, the style. Yea, I can see that. I thought you meant mechanically when I read Disgaea-like. That type of style isn't something I think of as exclusive to Disgaea, while the way it plays is.

KiTA

Ya know, Disgaea follows Tactics Ogre fairly closely mechanically...

I'd like to see the Disgaea team do an Ogre Battle style game instead someday.

That would be... weirdly interesting.

Top Bottom