• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

I really liked the start of the trailer. It was pretty exciting. But once it went straight into the Archon stuff, it lost me.

Papacheeks

Banned
Am I the only one noticing that they havn't shown a lot of gameplay for this game outside of the other trailer from couple months back?

Like this game comes out in less than two months?

Hope it really delivers. I haven't been excited for a Mass effect game since ME 2.

Looks pretty generic to me. Not feeling it.

Kind of the same thing I'v been thinking. Especially when compared to ME 2. ME 2 had so much going for it, especially if characters, and feel. Having Elusive man really helped gave it a lot of character, like it's own identity so to speak.

ironcreed

Banned
c3HC0B6.gif

Nathan Drake having an affair in space.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
was the dialogue in the original trilogy this bad too or do i just have rose-tinted glasses on

This looks pretty stupid to me honestly....I guess I'm just still feeling burned about Mass Effect 3. I hate that I have no interest in this game, but it's their own damn fault.

I LOVED the series coming off of Mass Effect 2, and all of it's great DLC. Mass Effect 3 just fucked it up sooo bad. The problem with Mass Effect 3 having as shitty of an ending that it does...is that when you play through the trilogy, it all leads up to that. Which is why it retroactively killed my interest in the previous two games also.

Trailer either chose bad one liners or the writing is bad. Looks nice but I'm here for the story. Hopefully I dont have to cringe the whole time playing the game.

It's not a bad trailer by any means... but yeah, I'm just not feeling it.

The character's first impressions just aren't doing it for me. There's no gravitas in the little moments they've chosen to show of them, nothing that pulls me.

Everything looks like it's made out of plastic

This. I don't know why but it honestly looks worse than the original trilogy to me. I mean obviously it has more up to date techniques and whatnot and is "technically" better, but something looks massively off. It also doesn't look as clean.

Fredrik

Amazing! Didn't know it comes out at the end of March, it's so soon! Zelda will probably swallow all my gaming time during that month though but I'll still preorder it.

NeOak

The original Trilogy trailers hyped me more :(

Forgettable lead. Man, Shepard was a happy mistake if this is the best Bioware can make.

The clothes male Shepard is wearing is giving me flashback from the pajamas the Inquisitor used in Dragon Age.

The character models and hair (unfortunately) look really, really similar to Inquisition, which I guess is totally to be expected. Just disappointing with the hair especially since it looked like garbage in DA:I despite so much else looking real nice. Guess we can expect more characters to inexplicably have buzzcuts and short hair again since they can't have any kind of longer or even moderate length hair look ok in Frostbite.

Generally that looked a little more interesting than what they've shown thus far, but I'm still not feeling it. Looked really generic what with the generic movie trailer music and Groot looking "evil" alien dude shooting off generic blue energy waves. Eh, we'll see.

This. I don't know why but it honestly looks worse than the original trilogy to me. I mean obviously it has more up to date techniques and whatnot and is "technically" better, but something looks massively off. It also doesn't look as clean.

Again, it looks an awful lot like Inquisition, for better or worse.

Lime

Except for milquetoast MaleRyder, this was a pretty cool shot of the squad

badasszdufj.jpg

seriously, maleryder is so dumb to look at.

zdenko1

OK trailer but that's about it. I fell like they know their best game in series was ME 2 but they actually don't know why it was best. They are trying to replicate it but so far from all trailers and info it feels like strange imitation of that, not an actual thing.

Are there 2 main characters or is it just usual male/female Ryder?

jessterfer

Neo Member
I feel like I'm still missing that "wow" factor from this game. I hope it proves me wrong, but I don't know. is the magic gone?

I don't know what it is the but something about the main character in this game just isn't likable. Also, the cockiness is kinda meh. Main alien villain kinda just looks like the bad guys from ME2? Or is my memory just fuzzy. I'll probably still pick this up eventually. Maybe not day 1.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I mean....it's better than the previous stuff they've put out.

It at least evokes the feeling of being in uncharted space, of dealing with a new threat, and the the introduction via 'hey look at my sweet crew' montage.

But I just can't get over MRyder's derpy walk in the beginning, lol.

At least we got some more info on a 'not (primary) enemy' alien species, though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Except for milquetoast MaleRyder, this was a pretty cool shot of the squad

badasszdufj.jpg

Yay for variety. Seems like we've been rolling with the same squads since ME1.

Please let there be some non-humanoids to add to my team or something.

kboyrulez12345

Neo Member
Yeah, as soon as I saw the length of this trailer I knew it wasn't going to be satisfying. I'll still get it, but the marketing for this game is pretty bad.

Top Bottom