• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

Gudji

It's Mass Effect one of my favorite franchises ever... but I'm not really feeling these new characters and enemies. :\

Ushay

Not bad at all, not so sure about the new crew. Hope the personality is there for them all.

Do we know names yet?

Asari - Peebee
Krogan - Drax?
Human Male - ??
Human Female -??
Female Turian -??

Anyone else?

Ralemont

not me
So much for Fem Ryder being the lead for promo. That shit didn't last at all lol.

Because it was never a thing. Jesus GAF has shitty memories.

Liam looks awesome. Cora is whatever, I only bone aliens in Mass Effect.

Not bad at all, not so sure about the new crew. Hope the personality is there for them all.

Do we know names yet?

Asari - Peebee
Krogan - Drax?
Human Male - ??
Human Female -??
Female Turian -??

Anyone else?

Krogan - Drack
Human male - Liam
Human female - Cora
Human Turian - Vetra

The human characters look real generic. I think that's my main issue so far. Is it's so neutral looking.

And that may be because of the same team who made Dragon age:I were working on this correct?

Feels like it has no soul.

No, my understanding is that its mostly BioWare Montreal leading on MEA. But I'm sure its basically all hands on deck across BioWare in terms of getting the game out the door at this point. But in terms of creative leads and so on, its the Montreal studio with some people from past ME games, I think.

ironcreed

Banned
As if you can create a character cooler looking than Mark Vanderloo.

Besides, 99% of created ME characters look like abominations. Always have.
Let's just hope there'll be some proper slider configs out there come release.

Default Shep did look great, but I still never had problems altering it a bit to suit my taste. Surely the options are even more detailed here.

Salsa

man im really just bummed on how they went out of their way to say this was REALLY FAR lore-wise and story-wise from Mass Effect and how it was a different game with that sort of western first look and all

this + that december Gameplay trailer = it looks like the same damn game again

Mass Effect is one of my favorite series, so I'll get it regardless. But nothing I've seen has really made me excited except for "Mass Effect" Bioware is a good developer, they've had forever to make this, and the series has a great history, so I'm not sure why this looks so much like 75 metacritic to me.

iFirez

I'm not super sold on any of the squad mates yet, hopefully there are more we haven't seen yet. Although Turian and Krogan may be my go to if the rest don't impress me... I want a Drell!

Really enjoyed the trailer actually, even if the MaleShep seems to be doing a Nolan North impression. Excited to see where the story leads in this game.

GavinUK86

Yup, that's Mass Effect. Looks incredible. Sooooo excited to finally play this. So far it looks like everything I want from a new Mass Effect game. Fresh worlds, fresh team, fresh enemies. Hopefully blonde Ashley isn't so rascist this time though lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Quite possibly one of my most anticipated games this year. That being said, this trailer did nothing for me.

Dominator

For some reason this game just isn't getting me excited. I love the trilogy, I played them all back-to-back-to-back when I originally played them and I was hooked. Everything I've seen just looks kinda meh...

I'm gonna buy it for sure, but right now I'm pumped for the EA Access trial so I can try it out. I'm still excited to try it but just the game overall isn't doing much for me.

Ruff

TFW No Garrus realization
1x

Gator86

Holy shit, the protag really is shitty Nathan Drake. Jesus. That changing the rules line is abominable. All in all, still looks rental tier to me.

Effect

Everything looks like it's made out of plastic

This. Not sure if it's because some things look to clean or there is some uncanny valleyness taking place, or what. This games visuals have always looked off. The past games had a certain grittiness in regard to how characters looked and these characters just look to pretty and as result have that plastic look them and it extends to other things. Another reason could be that it's still not true in-game footage!!!! Which might add to why it still looks off.

This trailer like the others still has done nothing for me.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Do we know names yet?

Asari - Peebee
Krogan - Drax
Human Male - Liam
Human Female - Cora
Female Turian - Vetra

Anyone else?

Names.

Do we know names yet?

Asari - Peebee
Krogan - Drax?
Human Male - ??
Human Female -??
Female Turian -??

Anyone else?

I think it's Drack. Human male is
Liam
and Human female is
Cora
I think. Female Turian is
Vetra

Papacheeks

Banned
Meh, feels like inquisition in space..not feeling it at all.

Right!

Feels almost over produced. Like they refined characters to all have a samey look to them. Instead of having people be individually different.

Like I loved how Miranda was made to be this beautiful agent with a snarky rough attitude. Then you had Grunt, the assassin, samantha, and couple other human type characters.

These guys looks fucking bland as hell.

Ushay

Because it was never a thing. Jesus GAF has shitty memories.

Liam looks awesome. Cora is whatever, I only bone aliens in Mass Effect.

Krogan - Drack
Human male - Liam
Human female - Cora
Human Turian - Vetra

Thanks! Not so sure what a Human Turian is though haha!

Thanks for responses above :)

Papacheeks

Banned
No, my understanding is that its mostly BioWare Montreal leading on MEA. But I'm sure its basically all hands on deck across BioWare in terms of getting the game out the door at this point. But in terms of creative leads and so on, its the Montreal studio with some people from past ME games, I think.

What's Montreal's background on ME games? Are they mostly made up of the veterans from the original trilogy?

Or is it a shell of what the original team was that made ME 1,2?

Sou Da

According to the new training video DadRyder is also a scientist.

He apparently the Ai and is responsible for the new class mechanics.

Zasa

Pretty decent trailer, but nothing seemed that compelling imo. That transition to the title at the end was so clean, & I enjoyed the quick look at the new species at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The ship escaping the space explosion at the very end not following the arc in the Mass Effect logo (which used to be the outline of a planet) feels like a missed opportunity.

Im in, though.

Top Bottom