• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive Skyrim mod Falskaar available on Xbox One

RedRum

Banned
I haven't gotten the game on my One yet (waiting for a sale), but do the mods take up a large amount of GB's? I'd imagine they do if it's as expansive as this one. Just wanna know what I'm gonna be looking at here lol

Largest one, and that's the expansion, is 580MB. You have 5GB to work with.

gossi

Woah, for real? That seems insanely small. I'm now more excited about it for some odd reason haha, thanks.

With Fallout 4 I have 70ish mods running on Xbox One, including texture, graphics, score, and weather mods. I've used less than 1gb of storage, and the game runs absolutely perfectly. Until you see it in action it's difficult to know how much of a game changer Bethesda have here. It's a shame Sony screwed it on PS.

RedRum

Banned
Woah, for real? That seems insanely small. I'm now more excited about it for some odd reason haha, thanks.

There might be larger! I randomly clicked some and that was the largest. Crazy though, when mods were first announced for console I thought they were going to be huge being a non-PC gamer. I was pleasantly surprised at how many mods I could use for Fallout.

Searching through the mods, hopefully Inigo makes it eventually.

Such an amazing companion. Especially for a stealthy character. Inigo, J'zargo and I roam the lands of Skyrim in a pack as Kajiit. What's cool, is Inigo and J'Zargo even talk to each other, despite J'zargo being a vanilla companion.

gossi

Id like to download this but im worried about the effects it might have on game performance

Get it and enable it on a different save.

It should have no performance impact by the way. It's an entirely different map. There's no changes to base game.

wig

I'm so glad I decided to pick this up on X1. Mods breathe new life into the game. I get excited to check the new mods that pour in each day.

Krakn3Dfx

Would double dip on the PS4 version to go with my free PC upgrade just to check out the Pro version if the mod situation wasn't so dire. For now I'll just hold out for an $18 used copy on Gamefly at some point though. Sony and Bethesda really need to get their shit together on this one.

wsippel

Banned
Wow, they updated it?

That's plenty and makes PS4 mod limitations even more embarassing.
Skywind exceeds 20GB in its current build as far as I know. It's bigger than Skyrim itself. But I believe it also relies on SKSE to reimplement some of Morrowind's mechanics, so it won't make it to consoles regardless. The well received Pampas outfit set for Fallout 4 is almost 1GB, and that's for half a dozen outfits.

Gnilres

This shit is why there's just no possible way i would entertain buying it on ps4. I put at least 200 hours into the OG game and would love to get these crazy mods and do it all again, but i can't afford a xbone s just for one game.

What a shame Sony screwed us all over.

Same here. I want to play this game so bad on PS4 but fuck paying the same price for an obviously nerfed version.

gossi

Skywind exceeds 20GB in its current build as far as I know. It's bigger than Skyrim itself. But I believe it also relies on SKSE to reimplement some of Morrowind's mechanics, so it won't make it to consoles regardless. The well received Pampas outfit set for Fallout 4 is almost 1GB, and that's for half a dozen outfits.

Those are extreme examples. Skywind isn't playable on PC, and 1gb for an outfit set = something is wrong.

Hawk269

I am torn now. Was going to wait for a sale and also waiting for the PS4 Pro to come and was thinking of getting for the Pro, but this Mod situation is making me think of just getting for the Xbox One.

I'm really happy for this guy. I hope this mod continues to get the attention it deserves. Maybe the Moonpath to Elsweyr Mod comes next

RedRum

Banned
Searching through the mods, hopefully Inigo makes it eventually.

Such an amazing companion. Especially for a stealthy character. Inigo, J'zargo and I roam the lands of Skyrim in a pack as Kajiit. What's cool, is Inigo and J'Zargo even talk to each other, despite J'zargo being a vanilla companion.

OMG. His video was amazing!

BigDug13

I really made a mistake this gen. Backward compatibility, EA Access, new Rock Band game I could transfer all my thousands of 360 songs into, and now mods. If some of this shit was around on day one I would have stayed with Microsoft...

GHG

Good guy Sony giving players incentive to try out other consoles.

if modding is really important to you then you should be doing it on the PC regardless.

But that's just my opinion.

I really made a mistake this gen. Backward compatibility, EA Access, new Rock Band game I could transfer all my thousands of 360 songs into, and now mods. If some of this shit was around on day one I would have stayed with Microsoft...

Is there something stopping you from owning more than one console? If you feel your purchase would be justified (looks like it would be) then get an Xbox as well.

Karak

Shieeet, it's that intricate, huh?

Honestly this is almost laugh out loud huge and well done. And though I was joking a BIT about that exclusive comment. It is still just insane to know its running on consoles.

SlickVic

This mod is essentially an unofficial expansion pack. It's a massive area with lots of places to explore and side quests and a lengthy main story.

And all fully voiced with high quality recordings.

It very much feels like an official addition to the game.

tbh, I liked this mod more than the official expansions to the game.

The Forgotten City is another fantastic expansion pack sized mod. And probably my favorite quest in all of Skyrim. Hopefully that gets to consoles eventually.

Thanks for the recommendations. Last time I played Skyrim I just went through and exhausted the base game content and a bit of Hearthstone. The Special Edition has been a good excuse to finally check out the story-based DLC. If I'm still hungry for more after that, definitely will check out Falskaar and The Forgotten City.

The modding scene for Skyrim is just incredible.

looks at PS4 version *cries* I did my part though, emailed Sony Support, tweeted them, live chatted them, posted on the support forums etc.

The mod situation is why I haven't bought this on PS4 yet.

I have an XB1 too, but wanted the visual bump on the Pro. I hope the PS4 mods get sorted or that there's a Scorpio patch for Skyrim next year.

DOWN

Banned
Ambitious but a bit cringey for me, particularly some of the dialogue and accents. I don't really get the fanfare for this? It is rather amateur in many respects, and I'm sure some people like to explore projects like that... It's not like getting more AAA content for a AAA game, which is what I look for when watching vids and mods like this.

tuna_love

Banned
Ambitious but a bit cringey for me, particularly some of the dialogue and accents. I don't really get the fanfare for this? It is rather amateur in many respects, and I'm sure some people like to explore projects like that... It's not like getting more AAA content for a AAA game, which is what I look for when watching vids and mods like this.

what

c0de

Oh really, I guess they are worried about system security or something.

This sounds funny when you consider they use a WebKit browser.
The chances to have a security leak from a game running are really, really small, if not to say unrealistic.

ramparter

Banned
You can always tell yourself you were waiting for the Scorpio

DOWN

Banned
Which part?

I don't know, I guess I'm saying I find the low production value distracting and wouldn't likely download this given the chance. Not saying it's a waste of effort or unimpressive for a One man mod, but...

tuna_love

Banned
Which part?

I don't know, I guess I'm saying I find the low production value distracting and wouldn't likely download this given the chance. Not saying it's a waste of effort or unimpressive for a One man mod, but...

but? you are just doing damage control for ps4

Trace

Banned
Which part?

Ohh come on... Really?

really?

daman824

The forgotten city is also another great mod. It's crazy that stuff like this is even possible on consoles. There's an entirely new map for this mod, it's massive.

Top Bottom