• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCC: Halo ODST likely to miss May UPDATE - it didn't but that's still bad somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

Glad they are holding it back for more testing. Another broken launch and I bet they would lose a significant amount of Halo 5 pre-orders.

Montresor

Would it be better if they made you pay for it though?

They should continue to get shit until the original MCC is fixed. But I'm not pissed at this recent delay.

Posted by 343 // 4.21.15

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone"

343 has been silent on this matter. It was posted yesterday by LycanXIII (original credit to Moa)

Fans Rejoiced! Look at these reactions.
cat.gif

But then, today :(

Fans were outraged.
2mad.png

It is a sad day in the world of Halo.

Halo, it's Finished.
RIP.png
biblethump.png

Maybe this is all just a dream
lsd.gif
The use of that gif. 10/10
Wud kil da cheef again.

This game was the only reason I wanted an Xbox one. Don't have one because of all the issues with the game and the small player base. Now this news is also making clear to me that maybe the PC version will never see the light of day. (I'm convinced there is an in-house pc version waiting to be released)

Akai__

Who needs ODST now that Halo: Spartan Strike is out?

By the way, that game got literally announced on the same day it released.

Obviously, it wasn't 343i creating that game, but Vanguard Games were dead silent about it. I think they even delayed the game, so that people didn't get mad about an other Halo game releasing, while MCC was a broken mess.

Lemondish

Does the rest of the series at least work properly now? I missed out on Halo since I never owned an Xbox. Was going to jump in for this, but then it went tits up. Halo 5 is looking less and less enticing.

Valnen

People should NEVER be mad about delays. The entire MCC should have been delayed until they could release it in an acceptable state.

Does the rest of the series at least work properly now? I missed out on Halo since I never owned an Xbox. Was going to jump in for this, but then it went tits up. Halo 5 is looking less and less enticing.

I just rented it a few days ago, after having returned it for a refund months ago. Matchmaking seemed fixed, I was getting into full, stable games pretty quickly. But the playlists leave a lot to be desired, and even though it's working you can still tell that not enough is being done to make it great.

Wait, would you guys prefer the headline to be "MCC: Halo ODST makes May release. Testing will come later. Fans also outraged." instead?

I mean, it's a bummer that they couldn't make the release window that they mentioned previously, but they're testing. It's good news. It shows they don't want to release unstable code.

If after all this testing the game still comes out broken, then feel free to outrage some more :p

watership

As much as I have misgivings about it, I'd still rather play Destiny than Halo at this point.

343i did a shameful job passing the torch for Halo franchise. Why should I trust them with Halo 5?

While the studios name is on the release, the vast majority of people at 343 did not work on this game at all. They were making Halo 5.

Wait, would you guys prefer the headline to be "MCC: Halo ODST makes May release. Testing will come later. Fans also outraged." instead?

I mean, it's a bummer that they couldn't make the release window that they mentioned previously, but they're testing. It's good news. It shows they don't want to release unstable code.

If after all this testing the game still comes out broken, then feel free to outrage some more :p
It's more a symptom of the lack of communication. Why say May at all?
It all feels really weird.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
just be like me, have absolutely no expectations so that when something happens, I am indifferent and be impressed it is even coming out.

jem0208

Anyone who wanted to play something approximating a Halo game moved on to Destiny months ago.
Ha, this is hilarious.

But Halo MCC has nothing to do with Halo 5! Nothing points to the same happening to Halo 5 - it's a completely different team!

/s

Keep digging that grave, 343.

That /s isn't necessary. Everything you said is completely true.

The MCC and H5 are completely different situations. 1 is a game which was clearly rushed out the door consisting of 5 games on 5 different engines each with different netcode made by ~5 devs. The other is a game made entirely in house by 343, which had a beta which ran very well for a product 11 months before launch. The only other game 343 has made (almost all) in house was H4 which on the whole ran perfectly fine, and the issues it did have pale in comparison to the MCC.

It's more a symptom of the lack of communication. Why say May at all?
It all feels really weird.
Eh, it's one thing if they say May and then it turns out to be December vs saying May and it turns out to be June. It's no big deal (in my opinion). It's just the nature of software development and testing. Somebody else would be complaining if we were still waiting for a release window announcement, you know it's true.

Nheco

Honestly, imo it's best to wait a little bit more and get something polished instead of receiving a broken mess like MCC.

They just should be more open about those matters.

Justinh

I was a little excited about playing through ODST as it was my favorite campaign on the xbone before, but I actually totally forgot about it. I haven't booted up MCC since like...launch, so I guess I'm not one who is particularly upset with this delay.

I guess we could either wait a few more weeks, maybe months for it to release, or we could be waiting those weeks for patches.

Akai__

People are outraged because they want to release a working game to you?? Seriously? fucking lol

Again, I'm personally just disappointed about the way 343i communicates. We knew ODST was going to be delayed, but they are waiting for the last day to confirm that.

Everyone wants a working game. That is not even a question.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That /s isn't necessary. Everything you said is completely true.

The MCC and H5 are completely different situations. 1 is a game which was clearly rushed out the door consisting of 5 games on 5 different engines each with different netcode made by ~5 devs. The other is a game made entirely in house by 343, which had a beta which ran very well for a product 11 months before launch. The only other game 343 has made (almost all) in house was H4 which on the whole ran perfectly fine, and the issues it did have pale in comparison to the MCC.

Even if it was true, the complete disrespect 343i and Microsoft are showing towards the fans that built their success are true-er.

Halo 5 can be the best game in the franchise, but I won't buy it unless they get their shit together and completely fix the MCC to match their pre-release promises.

If you're fine with how they treated you in the past few months and still think it's a good idea to pre-order Halo 5, then good luck, and have fun.

Full game release dates are barely set in stone these days, let alone patches/dlc

Idk why anyone would be surprised

ppl are hopping on the same roller coaster (of emotions?) and expecting a different ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom