• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCC: Halo ODST likely to miss May UPDATE - it didn't but that's still bad somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
Your OP was serious, your thesis was dead wrong and now you're moving the goalposts to pretend that it was about bad communication and in another thread you literally said that we released it on time because your thread pressured 343.

I've been up since 2am so I'm cranky but gaf has really flipped from being a fun place for game enthusiasts to communicate and learn, to being a giant cynical bitchfest.

MCC deserves the bitchfest 100% but I think the "what IPs will die this generation " thread is a new low in cognitive dissonance, naked fanboy hatred and irrational negativity.

I miss old gaf. Maybe old internet, when enthusiasts were enthusiastic.

Old gaf as you say it has never left. There is no need to enter threads like what ips will die this gen.

ODST is my favourite Halo campaign, so I'm looking forward to playing through it again. I've never been the biggest Halo fan, but that one was quite good.

That said, it adds to my backlog, since I now have Halo CE A, Halo 2 A, Halo 3 (never beaten before due to boredom) and Halo 4 to beat in this collection, too.

zethren

Banned
Your OP was serious, your thesis was dead wrong and now you're moving the goalposts to pretend that it was about bad communication and in another thread you literally said that we released it on time because your thread pressured 343.

I've been up since 2am so I'm cranky but gaf has really flipped from being a fun place for game enthusiasts to communicate and learn, to being a giant cynical bitchfest.

MCC deserves the bitchfest 100% but I think the "what IPs will die this generation " thread is a new low in cognitive dissonance, naked fanboy hatred and irrational negativity.

The hero we need.
So good.

RowdyReverb

It's hard for enthusiastic enthusiasts to express their thoughts without being called naive
(or a slrper)
for being optimistic about games. I think it's just easier and safer to hate than to honestly say you like something. OTs are usually ok, and E3 threads can be fun if people aren't just there to shit on the announcements. Life is stressful enough without being angry about my hobby.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Love this post.

Just know there are some people who respect your communication with the fans who are here to try and enjoy the ride rather than getting stuck on every little rock in the road.

This one too.

The internet is a mostly anonymous place where people's subconscious thoughts are on display for the public to see. Sometimes I hate seeing people's unfiltered thoughts, many have no control and it makes this forum a hostile place. When you mix that with someone like yourself who people actually know, it's gotta really suck sometimes. HaloGAF is one of the most self-absorbed threads I know of, they think because they know you they have the right to beg and cry about things to get their way, and when they don't the thread becomes a shitpile of resentment. I know they're your buds, but they honestly treat you like ass sometimes.

Just know there are some people who respect your communication with the fans who are here to try and enjoy the ride rather than getting stuck on every little rock in the road.

Old gaf as you say it has never left. There is no need to enter threads like what ips will die this gen.

I agree. It's always been pretty easy to spot the gamefaqs-esque threads on GAF that are designed to pretty much shit on popular IPs and they've been on GAF for as long as I've been lurking and posting and can remember.

And also, I don't think it's necessarily simply that the enthusiastics aren't enthusiastic anymore. But the gaming landscape has changed. And changed considerably. Many people have a right to be skeptical these days. MCC, Driveclub and a host of other titles have proven that. In many instances, I would argue that skepticism and caution are warranted. And that's simply one aspect of gaming in which gamers these days get screwed over.

Sibylus

Banned

Damn. 5 minutes from the judge to the rope
EleGiggle.png

Let 'em have it, Stinkles.

I knew just looking at this thread title it'd be a circus of idiocy. People have let their (rightfully) bitter opinions of the state of MCC cloud their every reaction to any move 343i makes and frankly, it's gotten to be too much.

I don't remember Stinkles criticizing the GAF hivemind the week after MCC released when anyone critical of the game was being shouted down and dogpiled, being called impatient and untrusting and stupid.

When the GAF hivemind was in full on MCC/343 defense mode, Stinkles and 343 went for communications blackout instead of asking for fair and balanced.

Expressing a lack of confidence in 343's ability to promptly patch MCC back in Novemebr was a minority opinion met with extreme derision, and no one from 343 stopped by to admit that repairing this fraud would be a long road. A long road that extended well beyond 12/19 and 343 has the nerve to charge for ODST for people who played a game that was busted at least through April.

feel dumb, here. its installed and MCC is updated. but ODST doesn't appear in the campaign list... help?

It's under Halo 3.

P.S. Don't bother looking for Firefight.

Madness

Frank isn't wrong though. Negativity is the first thing people go to when any new game or detail is announced. I've been guilty of it myself. This is a hobby and we're all gaming fans, but it somehow goes beyond that now. People are more cynical, there is quick outrage. People ignore the 99 positives to focus on the 1 negative. I don't know. I guess it's just the way the industry and Internet is now.

feel dumb, here. its installed and MCC is updated. but ODST doesn't appear in the campaign list... help?

It's under Halo 3.

I don't remember Stinkles criticizing the GAF hivemind the week after MCC released when anyone critical of the game was being shouted down and dogpiled, being called impatient and untrusting and stupid.

When the GAF hivemind was in full on MCC/343 defense mode, Stinkles and 343 went for communications blackout instead of asking for fair and balanced.

Expressing a lack of confidence in 343's ability to promptly patch MCC back in Novemebr was a minority opinion met with extreme derision, and no one from 343 stopped by to admit that repairing this fraud would be a long road.

You remember last November very differently than I do.

Zyae

stannis.gif

Expressing a lack of confidence in 343's ability to promptly patch MCC back in Novemebr was a minority opinion met with extreme derision, and no one from 343 stopped by to admit that repairing this fraud would be a long road. A long road that extended well beyond 12/19 and 343 has the nerve to charge for ODST for people who played a game that was busted at least through April.

It's under Halo 3.

P.S. Don't bother looking for Firefight.

Keep stirring that pot m8

Lothars

I disagree about this, old gaf is still around and the internet has always been negative. The majority of the internet is not negative. It depends on where you look including what threads that should be avoided.

Frank isn't wrong though. Negativity is the first thing people go to when any new game or detail is announced. I've been guilty of it myself. This is a hobby and we're all gaming fans, but it somehow goes beyond that now. People are more cynical, there is quick outrage. People ignore the 99 positives to focus on the 1 negative. I don't know. I guess it's just the way the industry and Internet is now.

The manner in which 343 was released, the manner in which 343 responded to the criticism, and the manner in which 343 ultimately compensated those who were ripped off is exactly the reason why people are cynical about games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom