• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"McDonald's of the Future" coming to Missouri in July, features all-you-can-eat fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.newspressnow.com/news/business/article_2df37c84-24fc-5094-ae65-5e157019a0d6.html

Local franchise owners unveiled plans for their McDonald’s of the future on Tuesday.

The new, 6,500-square-foot restaurant is expected to open in July.
It may be one of the largest in a four-state area, according to owner Chris Habiger.

Habiger and his wife, Karri Habiger, own six locations in St. Joseph and the McDonald’s in Mound City, Missouri.

The restaurant at 3504 N. Belt Highway was closed and demolished about three weeks ago. Crews continue to work on the site in ground preparation for the new building. According to a building permit, construction and parking lot costs are an estimated $1.59 million.

The plan is to focus on casual dining and quick service by incorporating earthy tones with couches and arm chairs to larger-than-life kiosks to take customized orders.

The kiosks will not replace actual employees. Habiger said that the company, Habiger West, plans to hired 85 new employees in the next several months.

However, Habiger said the kiosks will enhance customer service by allowing customers to personalize their burger or chicken sandwich orders. With this option comes McDonald’s newest feature: all-you-can-eat french fries.

“There really are hundreds of different choices to build the burger of your dreams,” he said. “Once you’ve placed your order, you can find your seat because we’ll bring it out to you.”

The dessert menus will have a similar customizable option.

DMczaf

However, Habiger said the kiosks will enhance customer service by allowing customers to personalize their burger or chicken sandwich orders. With this option comes McDonald’s newest feature: all-you-can-eat french fries.

EhTXXWY.png

smurfx

get some go again
i still remember eating at a mcdonalds that had an all you can eat breakfast buffet when i was a kid. never came across another one like it.

.la1n

I haven't had McDonald's food in ages but their fries were always top tier. Good move McD, good move.

The Argus

I swear they must sprinkle cocaine on those fries to get people to like them. They're bloody abhorrent.

Abhorrent? Get off you're high horse, they're cheap fries that you can get almost anywhere. Hell, they're better than the $15 dollar fries I got last night at STK.

Effnine

I swear they must sprinkle cocaine on those fries to get people to like them. They're bloody abhorrent.

I haven't been to McDonald's in years, but when I did sometimes go, they were always hit or miss. More often than not they'd be those gross soggy brown limp dick fries. But sometimes, every once in a while, you'd get the perfect ones and yeah, they were pretty damn good.

Too much of a gamble for my tastes, though ...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Great way to feed the homeless for cheaper.

I stand by my statement 100%. They're disgusting salt sticks.

Nah, they're damn good. Nobody is saying they're the best ever, but they are up there when prepared properly. Crispy, salty, hot... hnnnngh. You know you got a good batch when you don't even need ketchup or other sauces.

fester

Banned
There really are hundreds of different choices to build the burger of your dreams,” he said. “Once you’ve placed your order, you can find your seat because we’ll bring it out to you.”

Having a hard time seeing how this will fit into a global franchise business model built on an empire of standardization.

Nah, they're damn good. Nobody is saying they're the best ever, but they are up there when prepared properly. Crispy, salty, hot... hnnnngh. You know you got a good batch when you don't even need ketchup or other sauces.

Same with nuggets, if the oil is fresh (changed the day of or day before), you're gonna get some good-ass fries

The new, 6,500-square-foot restaurant is expected to open in July. It may be one of the largest in a four-state area, according to owner Chris Habiger.

How unsure do you have to be about something to say "it may be one of the largest"?

"one of" is an entirely subjective statement, how can you feel so little confidence that you have to clarify it with a may?

Are Mcdonald franchise's square footage measurements like an industry trade secret or something?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
McDonalds is THE buyer of potatoes in the US. They control potato production and distribution.

I can't imagine how much more output would be needed to sustain a shift in McDonalds' change over to all you can eat fries.

Might work locally in Missouri, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom