• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"McDonald's of the Future" coming to Missouri in July, features all-you-can-eat fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
All I can think about is the fries getting cold.

Need some kind of heating tray arrangement. THEN we got a stew going. No need to get up for a day except for bathroom breaks.

But you see, with all you can eat fries, they never have to get cold!

Just get a small order, finish them, then go back for some fresh hot fries.

no fries getting soggy on your tray

McDonald's has saved us all

norm9

I think they've rolled out the full versions of it in a lot of corporate Florida stores, and by all accounts it's floundering. Staff have little training for them, they're confusing and by and large seem to just sit unused.

Will be interesting to see how this store does, if it takes off it could get corporate to take a second look at their kiosk implementation.

I'm pretty sure I'm not an idiot, but the menu for the build your own craft burger looks confusing on the drive thru menu board so I just order my regular food instead.

rugioh

Banned
The fries do taste nice, but I much prefer the burgers, the best tasting one imo is the normal regular hamburger.

Yup. Three of those for lunch is all I need, for like 3 dollars you get 750calories and a decent amount of protein. Sodium is a little high though.

Unlimited Fries is gonna be one of those things they have then discontinue within like a week cuz it'll be abused so easily.

'how many fries would you like, sir?'

'all of them'

'excuse me?'

'All of them. I want all of the fries. NOW!'

I've no doubt people would try, even if only as a joke. Even if they did allow people to do that, I'm sure fries are dirt cheap for them. I used to work for BK, and I remember them saying that selling a single large order of fries would offset the cost of a pound or two of fries.

Stinky

Yup. Three of those for lunch is all I need, for like 3 dollars you get 750calories and a decent amount of protein. Sodium is a little high though.

They're a euro each in Ireland but its still incredible value. I get them plain since I don't like the sauce but it is filling, cheap and tastes good.

Especially when they pepper the patties (which they
are inconsistent about for some reason)

GTI Guy

My small hometown used to have all you can eat McDonald's the only thing that was off limits were chicken nuggets and orange juice. They also had delivery service to deliver McDonald's to you. Note this was 20 years ago as well.

How cool was that McDonald's?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
All you can eat McDonald's French Fries.

People are going to die at this place.

What a time to be alive.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
I prefer McDonald's fries to pretty much every other fry I've ever had, though I will concede you could probably amplify your audience base by doing any of the below:

- Cooking them in lard not oil (they used to be better, though they're still amazing as is)
- Adding different seasoning/topping options, like cajun from Five Guys, or garlic fries, or chili/cheese fries, etc.
- Making a big mac style, which is just a copy of animal style at In-N-Out but they both pretty much originate from the same creative source
- Making different cut options, like krinkle, thick, ultra-thin etc.

Even with all the above given potential options, having eaten my fat american share of all of the above from a variety of places, McDonald's fries are still king--frozen and all. In fact I am not remotely convinced giving me fresh potato cut fries would improve it in anyway, see: In-N-Out fries alt: garbage

Also, point of fact, if you're 'doing it right' as a McDonald's employee, the rule is to throw out cooked fries that have been sitting uneaten for more than 7 minutes, though its probably true that isn't followed 100% of the time.

MontyMarx

Neo Member
Why doesn't McDonald's have self-serve kiosks where you can custom order everything on your own ala Jack in the Box? I loved ordering on those things when I lived in SoCal.

lcd

- Adding different seasoning/topping options, like cajun from Five Guys, or garlic fries, or chili/cheese fries, etc.
- Making a big mac style, which is just a copy of animal style at In-N-Out but they both pretty much originate from the same creative source

McDonalds here in Canada has poutine available and it's not bad for a variation on the standard fries.

bxdmo8e.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
My friends and I have this terrible ritual we do for one of our friends birthdays called a chris pratt which is based off this tweet.

Basically we go to mcdonalds and each drop 10 bucks on 8 mcdoubles and wallow in our filth while watching a movie or LANing it up.

To be honest, there are few places that match the amount of food you can get for 10 bucks.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I swear they must sprinkle cocaine on those fries to get people to like them. They're bloody abhorrent.

I remember them both tasting different and having different texture when I was a kid.
Also, they used to fry them in nearly pure beef tallow. I think that they still advertise them based on their original recipe under the assumption that people are too stupid to know the difference, even 40 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom