• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/2 - 4/8

cvxfreak

Upcoming PS3 games with definitive release dates:

04/26 Madden NFL 07 (English Version)
05/24 NBA Street Homecourt
06/07 FolkSoul: Ushinawareta Denshou
06/14 Call of Duty 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
06/28 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cvxfreak said:

06/14 Call of Duty 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

:lol :lol :lol :lol Is Sony trying to lose its home country?

castle007

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Meanwhile the DS breaks 16 Million. Isn't that how much the SFC sold?

ONE MORE BARRIER DOWN FOR THE DS

:O

It is still possible for it to cross the 20 million mark this year, right???

and next week Wii will probably reach half of LTD sales of the GC

schuelma

Next week should be interesting- according to Nintendo they started the increased shipments this past week right? The rest of this month could/should see some huge Wii hardware sales.

Odysseus

Banned
castle007 said:

the way japan is buying those things up, nintendo could seemingly sell 4 million tomorrow if they were available

Talk about deceptive software charts. I guess things will be back to "normal" next week mayhap?

Vinnk said:
I would cry, but I'd get over it.. somehow...

You'd probably come across it again in a store as a used model. :D

Jammy

Banned
Can somebody post the upcoming Wii releases through July? I know Dragon Quest Swords, Harvest Moon Wii, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Mario Party 8, and a couple other of decent hits should be out around then. It looks like PS3's in big trouble for the rest of the year...

EDIT: Oh, and Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race and BioHazard 4: Wii Edition.

cvxfreak said:

06/14 Call of Duty 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

But... July.

ME0000796998_2.jpg

jesus.jpg

Jammy said:
Can somebody post the upcoming Wii releases through July? I know Dragon Quest Swords, Harvest Moon Wii, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Mario Party 8, and a couple other of decent hits should be out around then. It looks like PS3's in big trouble for the rest of the year...

4/19
Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
Furu-Furu Park (Taito)

4/26
Wii Big Brain Academy (Nintendo)
The Dog Island: The Tale of One Flower (Yuke's)
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (Bandai-Namco)

5/17
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Interchannel-Holon)
Case Closed! Memory's Mirage (Marvelous Interactive)

5/24
Jissen Pachislo-Pachinko Hisshou-hou! Sammy's Collection: Fist of the North Star Wii (Sega)

5/31
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Capcom)

6/7
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Walt Disney Japan)

6/14
Negima!? Neo Pactio Fight!! (Marvelous Interactive)

6/21
Hajime no Ippo: Revolution (AQ Interactive)

6/28
DK Bongo Blast (Nintendo)

6/??
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (Marvelous Interactive)

Busaiku

Jammy said:

Nintenod is completely ruthless it seems.

EDIT: And One Piece, Detective Conan, and Hajime No Ippo? That's freaking overkill.

Krowley

WOW @ ps3. What is sony going to do? This is such a terrible launch for them. Can they afford to take any kind of drastic action like a huge pricecut?

In japan it seems like wii sports is carrying the wii almost all by itself. That's almost equivelant to saying that the wii is selling because of it's hardware since wiisports is basicly a tech demo. It's a great proof of concept and well made, but that's all it is.

If most of the big ps3 games get pushed to 2008 and the wii gets mario and wii health and wii music and whatever else they've got in the pipeline....

Interesting times.

edit//Somebody above me listed the big japanese wii releases upcoming... Dragon Quest Swords, Harvest Moon Wii, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Mario Party 8.. All of those this year along with SMG, wii health pack, wii music and probably other interesting apps.

FF13, which i think is sony's main hope.... I would be amazed if that came out this year.

Jammy said:

Oo that's not as bad as I thought the lineup would be. Super Mario Strikers 2 and Battalion Wars 2 should be moderate hits (well a week in the top ten).

cvxfreak

Anyone have any idea how RE4 Wii Edition will do?

I can't help but compare it to Capcom's treatment with the DS remakes of Phoenix Wright.

Mar

cvxfreak said:

06/14 Call of Duty 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Wow... That's horrible. Like watching a car crash happening in slow motion.

schuelma

Xisiqomelir said:
Just need Pantherlotusnalysis, then I can sit back and wait for this week's Stupid Argument poster.

:lol :lol Every week I think no one will show up..and yet one always does.

CoolTrick

Banned
Cheesemeister has programmed his script to make an analysis and post it here which simulates PantherLotus' thought and writing abilities almost 100%.

Yup, we should add that link to the first post too and make sure to include his profile.

:)

mclem

Alkaliine said:
I think the crash has already happened.
Nope. It's careening wildly out of control right now, but it could be saved if the runaway truck lane of, say, Final Fantasy XIII was approaching, or a nice pillow factory of MGS4. Instead there's the cactus of Madden, the oncoming train of NBA street, the sheer cliff of Call of Duty and finally the munitions factory of Rainbow Six.

aeolist

Banned
castle007 said:

At 100,000 a week during one of the slower times of the year? There's no way they're not breaking 20 million this year.

mclem said:
Nope. It's careening wildly out of control right now, but it could be saved if the runaway truck lane of, say, Final Fantasy XIII was approaching, or a nice pillow factory of MGS4. Instead there's the cactus of Madden, the oncoming train of NBA street, the sheer cliff of Call of Duty and finally the munitions factory of Rainbow Six.

Nicely put. :lol

KINGMOKU

Well, I honestly am speechless. I never thought I would see the PS3 dip this low.

Game developers with PS3 games in the pipeline, HAVE to be shitting themselves. A ton of money has been poured into certain projects, and the future outlook on possible returns for those investments, if they stay PS3 specific, have to be downright terrifying.

How do you recoupe the cost's, on a system that has sunk to 14k per week in the homeland?

Good grief.

schuelma

moku said:
Well, I honestly am speechless. I never thought I would see the PS3 dip this low.

Game developers with PS3 games in the pipeline, HAVE to be shitting themselves. A ton of money has been poured into certain projects, and the future outlook on possible returns for those investments, if they stay PS3 specific, have to be downright terrifying.

How do you recoupe the cost's, on a system that has sunk to 14k per week in the homeland?

Good grief.

And with the way this thing keeps sinking and the lack of games..it seems very likely its only going to get worse.

Top Bottom