• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2014 (Dec 30 - Jan 05)

RalchAC

List looks a little sad.

I was hoping Vita would hit 100k this week.
I'm noticing 80-100% with FFX for Vita, so I'm assuming they really under shipped.

I think people said last week that FFX HD (especially Vita version) was supply constrained. We'll see, I think Amazon listed a new shipment this week, right?

Do we know how good bundled sales where?
__

About God Eater, after what you've said (no online, lack of polish, abrupt ending) I'm curious about word of mouth in this game. Is it bad or something?

Oare

Vita rised? That's surprising

That's the otoshidama effect.
As a tradition, kids in Japan receive money for the new year from relatives and close family friends. That lasts pretty much until they're out of high-school.

That's why you'll often see Nintendo sales rise during Christmas (= parents buying a new system for their younger children) and then Sony sales rise after the new year (= older kids buying a new system for themselves).

kinggroin

Banned
Its lower than last week and the week before. The holidays brought a bump and does not appear to be a permanent change to Nintendo's fortunes. Unfortunately.

I can never tell if you're serious or not, but you're nothing if not consistently perplexing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, didn't notice: Yokai Watch's over 300k now!
3DS will be over 15 millions next week.

I'm very interested in seeing if 3DS SKU of PES 2014 is near to PS3's again (I don't think it outsold it this week)

It warms the cockles of my heart to see both the Vita and FFX HD doing well. The sales of the handheld port will surely made Square Enix stand up and take notice.

20./15. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01} (¥5.480) - 18.413 / 445.483 <80-100%> (-26%)
21./23. [3DS] Youkai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 16.864 / 303.317 <80-100%> (-10%)

These are impressive.

Bowser sells.

Bowser is boss.
also helps that BIS is superior to DTB

Btw, where can I find 2003 sales numbers?
I got it from Garaph. http://garaph.info/weeklyoverview.php?week=2003-01-06

But checking past weeks, I think something is off.

Go with Bruno:

Code:
WEEKLY HARDWARE SALES

GAMECUBE			WII U

2002-11-18	32.099		2013-11-18	20.177
2002-11-25	30.341		2013-11-25	27.325
2002-12-02	39.849		2013-12-02	46.773
2002-12-09	44.902		2013-12-09	72.982
2002-12-16	66.410		2013-12-16     119.159
2002-12-23	60.290		2013-12-23	79.174
2002-12-30	71.945		2013-12-30	61.000
2003-01-06	13.526          2014-01-06

Ricky 7

Out of stock pretty much everywhere. Spike Chunsoft isn't a big publisher so getting new carts printed out probably takes a while for them. They underestimated the demand.

That's a shame, everything anime related got a boost last week so they missed out. =/

Oregano

I think the time for introducing 2DS to Japan is coming up. The 3DS is slowing down and it will revitalise it, especially if they do go as low as 10K Yen.

They should also go straigt into china with the 2DS.

duckroll

I was thinking that the PS2 games and Yakuza 3 sold more than Yakuza 5.

Yakuza 5 is the best selling entry in the series based on single release. Yakuza 1-2 did much better when you add the budget releases because the 1800yen The Best versions sold a TON back in the day. Yakuza 3 is the second worst selling entry in the series, next to the original release of Yakuza 1 (it had almost zero hype at launch, and then just kept growing, massive legs).

FFX over 400k!!!
Beats LR and is probably going to be the best selling HD remaster!

tumblr_mk56kjnkD41qh4frvo1_r2_500.gif

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm really pleased with Super Mario 3D World sales - they are holding up very well. The game is a gem produced by our beloved Iwata-san and deserves attention from all gamers :)

Zelda 3DS will most likely sell in the 500-600k range based on current tracking. Do we know what is the LTD for Skyward Sword for comparison's sake?

Youkai Watch and Puzzle & Dragons are doing amazingly well too - hopefully a stateside release is imminent or in the works.

Edit: Thanks Duck!

Super Mario 3D World will reach 500k soon. Not bad after all.

Looks like it was be at least 510k next week, even if it only sells 40k, which would be a plausible drop for week 2 of January. I'm more interested in how that game will sell over the long haul unbundled. If Wii U software remains weak like this in non-peak times, they may have to initiate a "Player's Choice" line sooner than they want to, just like Sony did with PS3 only a few years into PS3's life. I know Nintendo loves to avoid doing that for as long as possible. For DS, they never even had one! Wii didn't get one until 2011.

Dragon

Banned
It'd be funny if FFX had stabilized Vita hardware sales. Not going to happen, but a 12 year old game doing that would be hilarious.

duckroll

I'm really pleased with Super Mario 3D World sales - they are holding up very well. The game is a gem produced by our beloved Iwata-san and deserves attention from all gamers :)

Zelda 3DS will most likely sell in the 500-600k range based on current tracking. Do we know what is the LTD for Skyward Sword for comparison's sake?

About 352k. It's really not worth comparing portable Zelda with console Zelda in Japan though. The interest in Zelda for Nintendo consoles has completely collapsed. OoT3D for example sold about 558k. Lol.

What were the last known LTD numbers for Lightning Returns? I am curious to know whether X/X-2 has outsold it or not.
Less than 400k iirc so X/X-2 should easily surpass LR.

About 352k. It's really not worth comparing portable Zelda with console Zelda in Japan though. The interest in Zelda for Nintendo consoles has completely collapsed. OoT3D for example sold about 558k. Lol.
OoT3D actually crossed 600k.

Toth

FFX over 400k!!!
Beats LR and is probably going to be the best selling HD remaster!

Please. I am happy for FFXHD but if you are gloating because 4 games over 2 systems sold as much as one game on pretty much one system, then you are just being ridiculous. LR still has sold a ton more than any individual FFX HD item. I am rather curious where the other 7 or so + million that bought the original FFX and X-2 are though.

Personally, I hope solid sales of the Vita version will inspire SE to go ahead with some VITA FF projects like...I don't know....Type-O.

The only WiiU games that are selling are Mario 3D and Takio albeit the latter in small amounts. Everything else is form bundles iirc.

Super Mario 3D is on fine form. Its actually inline or a bit behind Galaxy and Sunshine despite starting of considerably worse. Whether it will have legs past the holiday season remains to be seen.

Please. I am happy for FFXHD but if you are gloating because 4 games over 2 systems sold as much as one game on pretty much one system, then you are just being ridiculous. LR still has sold a ton more than any individual FFX HD item. I am rather curious where the other 7 or so + million that bought the original FFX and X-2 are though.

Personally, I hope solid sales of the Vita version will inspire SE to go ahead with some VITA FF projects like...I don't know....Type-O.

Lol that spin.

FFX/X-2 Hd, a HD remaster has outsold a new entry(not main) in the FF series. I don't care how you spin it but it shows FFX Hd was a success and LR was not so much of one.

SE should port Type-0 to PS3 as well since it has an audience as well, especially abroad.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
You must find something beter ot do in these threads than trying to correct me.

woha, Sales Age Genius indeed! :p
I don't think that your latest two posts are so different from the infamous "crystall ball and arrogance" ones on the latest threads, do you?

I don't agree with those bold predictions you criticized too, just to be clear

Nintendo should release a January Wii U Direct to sustain the Wii U sales.

they shoud release games, to sustain the platform.

nightever

I don't know what you are talking about. IF you are counting FFX&X-2 remasters as two games, you may as well double their sales. Twin-pack is actually counting as one game.

You must find something beter ot do in these threads than trying to correct me.

You must be seeing persecuting ghosts somewhere, because I did not try at at all to correct you.
I just disagreed with the irony in your post, which I think is highly innapropriate, especially taking into consideration, how much valuable your contribution to this thread is..
Unless some kind of permission is needed...

sörine

Banned
I don't know what you are talking about. IF you are counting FFX&X-2 remasters as two games, you may as well double their sales. Twin-pack is actually counting as one game.
He's separating out by sku. LR PS3 outsold the various individual releases of X/2 PS3, Twin Pack Vita, X Vita and X-2 Vita. Even though LR PS3+360 undersold X/2 PS3+Vita overall.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
You must be seeing persecuting ghosts somewhere, because I did not try at at all to correct you.
I just disagreed with the irony in your post, which I think is highly innapropriate, especially taking into consideration, how much valuable your contribution to this thread is..
Unless some kind of permission is needed...

If someone feels insulted from me he can reply, he doesn't need lawyer.

Like I said find something better to do when I bury Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Donkey Kong in February.

Yes, but we are talking about January.
Plus, it's evident that, or you are the brand new "fever", like the Wii was (with motion sensors and Wii Sport, or Balance board and Wii Fit), or you really need CONSTANT releases to support a console. And Nintendo is developing a very good amount of softwares for one company only, but the complete/absolute/huge lack of third parties, that's not enough. And it should be their responsability to guarantee parternship able to sustain the console outside the stream of first party production.
So: no Direct will be able to sustain sales for a console with no games coming out.
I think that DK in February will help, even if only temporary, but what before and after?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yes, but we are talking about January.
Plus, it's evident that, or you are the brand new "fever", like the Wii was (with motion sensors and Wii Sport, or Balance board and Wii Fit), or you really need CONSTANT releases to support a console. And Nintendo is developing a very good amount of softwares for one company only, but the complete/absolute/huge lack of third parties, that's not enough. And it should be their responsability to guarantee parternship able to sustain the console outside the stream of first party production.
So: no Direct will be able to sustain sales for a console with no games coming out.
I think that DK in February will help, even if only temporary, but what before and after?

As far as big Console releases I don't think there is anything right now. Nintendo Direct only generates short bursts of hype for Nintendo fans such as myself. And on a moment's notice. It won't sustain sales. Only software can do that.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
As far as big Console releases I don't think there is anything right now. Nintendo Direct only generates short bursts of hype for Nintendo fans such as myself. And on a moment's notice. It won't sustain sales. Only software can do that.

I agree.
That said, I'd like a big January Direct ;p

Top Bottom