• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2017 (May 29 - Jun 04)

Next big Monster Hunter exclusive to Switch competitor will be seen as a vote of no confidence and other third parties will follow Capcom's lead. Even if a Switch Monster Hunter comes in a year or so that's a long time.

Switch gets MHXX in a few month?

There is probably a MH for PS4, but Capcom made this deal when the future of Nintendo consoles/handhelds was uncertain. Now with the enormous success of the Switch its clear that the following MH games will be on Switch, no doubt about that. Perhaps on PS4 too, if the moneyhatted Sony exclusive has good sales.

That would be close to the MH rumors from a few month ago.

Don't you see? They're not biased....just realistic....lmao. Come on people, have some self awareness if you're going to name others.

I think you have a point, but it's clear all you do is cherrypick the low-hanging fruit. You ignore the rational counterpoints when the discussion doesn't go in your favor, so it's misleading to say the least.

I have a hard time believing the Switch version of DQXI wouldn't release in the west. Even if SE doesnt publish it, Nintendo would like they did the 3DS remakes (and some of the DS games).

Oregano

I have a hard time believing the Switch version of DQXI wouldn't release in the west. Even if SE doesnt publish it, Nintendo would like they did the 3DS remakes (and some of the DS games).

Sony might be publishing in the west so the Nintendo version stay Japan only.

Oregano

That actually might be the case. Sony is publishing DQ11 in the Asian countries (China&Korea)

I really can't see that happening when S-E localizes their DQ games on Sony platforms while Nintendo publishes them (or more) for theirs.

I'm just guessing why it could be that the Switch version wouldn't release in the west.

Would that affect the 3DS version as well? Seems unlikely that they would limit sales of the game to 1 platform in the west when they've developed it for 3.

Would suck for me as a non-PS4 owning DQ fan.

jnWake

Interesting to name the MH game "Monster Hunter World". Taking away the "5" to not scare people who have no idea what the "Monster Hunter" brand is. It also aligns pretty good with the rumor of MH mainline surviving on Switch.

Busaiku

I still don't understand why it'd be such a big deal either way.
I mean weren't we expecting Frontier on PS4 for years.

Sandfox

I still don't understand why it'd be such a big deal either way.
I mean weren't we expecting Frontier on PS4 for years.

It feels more like people are just fighting over the name/bragging rights. A lot of the people on both sides don't seem to actually play or care about the series.

In this thread it's obviously notable though given how big the series in Japan.

It feels more like people are just fighting over the name/bragging rights. A lot of the people on both sides don't seem to actually play or care about the series.

In this thread it's obviously notable though given how big the series in Japan.
Which is a same( I got in with the Wii U version of 3U). These people don't give a fuck about the series but having it on their console of choice. I don't agree with Capcom with breaking down Monster Hunter into something it's not(I would prefer MH5 PS4/SWI/PC) but we will see if it works for them. I just hope they keep making traditional l.

Calm Mind

Thanks! Seems that he's credible for S-E yeah (not necessarily the rest).

We really need to start some dictionary about those threads, so people understand "couple", "heatwave", and "destiny-like numbers" as well.

That is not a bad idea.

ggx2ac

So Monster Hunter: World is probably what Itsuno was working on since 2015 when he announced he was working on a new project right?

Well, we'll find out soon anyway.

Terrell

Next big Monster Hunter exclusive to Switch competitor will be seen as a vote of no confidence and other third parties will follow Capcom's lead. Even if a Switch Monster Hunter comes in a year or so that's a long time.

Just like Capcom's "vote of no confidence" in PS2 with their heavy support of Dreamcast did, right? .... RIGHT?

Japan's 3rd-parties aren't a hive mind, they'll do what's in their own individual best interests, or their interpretation of what's in their best interests, anyways.

sense

Is he the main PlayStation fanboy of this thread? Seems like he defends Sony with his life for some reason(and I love my PS4).
90% of this thread would be considered fanboys in that case. There are people with obvious Nintendo bias and then there are people with obvious Sony bias which is fine. The bias triggers the defense and the cycle continues.... the worst are the ones that want to act like they are being "objective" but are clearly biased. For example, the guy that decided to take a shot at another and calling the person extremely bias when he is the exact opposite is funny.

90% of this thread would be considered fanboys in that case. There are people with obvious Nintendo bias and then there are people with obvious Sony bias which is fine. The bias triggers the defense and the cycle continues.... the worst are the ones that want to act like they are being "objective" but are clearly biased. For example, the guy that decided to take a shot at another and calling the person extremely bias when he is the exact opposite is funny.
Oh yeah I mean don't get me started on the Nintendo ones in this thread either. They need to deal with some things. And I know that's a shot at me and I apologize for my misunderstanding base off the discussion of this thread. Mantis I'm sorry for the generalization.

That's why i like to visit media create topics as an xbox fanboy.
No war for me i have to participate in.
I can watch from the sidelines because Xbox is dad and no one in JP cares about it anyway.

So refreshing.

That's why i like to visit media create topics as an xbox fanboy.
No war for me i have to participate in.
I can watch from the sidelines because Xbox is dad and no one in JP cares about it anyway.

So refreshing.
I'm neutral towards all three though? Like O said I have a Switch and PS4 I just misinterpreted some of the posters in this thread response towards him so that made me conceptually assume something silly.

sense

Yeah I do feel bad though I misinterpreted some of the discussions but do you think it'll keep traditional Monster Hunter gameplay or gameplay like the rumour was suggesting?
The goal is to broaden the franchise appeal outside Japan so it is going to be streamlined to suit western taste. We will know Monday either way.

Yeah I do feel bad though I misinterpreted some of the discussions but do you think it'll keep traditional Monster Hunter gameplay or gameplay like the rumour was suggesting?

I don't trust that rumour. Seeing as Capcom wants to reach a wider audience, I would expect it still being MH at the core but the battle system being more action based and stylish.

Calm Mind

This may be nothing but i didn't want to make a thread for it.

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/873345149727776769

DB6jPNqXkAAp3Nc.jpg

Kanann

Never heard of Nier Gestalt or Nier Replicant before. Are those new?

It's just Nier in Japanese version.

Gestalh = father
Replicant = brother

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have faith in Capcom 1000 human staff
2xx > AAA game (Dogma 2, Super MH5world XXYZ, Deep Dong)
2xx > DMC 5
1xx > REmake 2
1xx > Some fighting game and that stupid Marvel
2xx > Whatever
2xx > Whatever ever

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't trust that rumour. Seeing as Capcom wants to reach a wider audience, I would expect it still being MH at the core but the battle system being more action based and stylish.
World would contradict the rumour anyway so it would clearly be wrong (MH 5 if this was it at all is not ps4 exclusive if this game is a spin off) meaning the mainline franchise will likely stay on the switch amd there is no portable subtitle revival destroying the entire premise of the rumour.

Top Bottom