• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 22, 2017 (May 29 - Jun 04)

Vena

Sales thread now not about number and marketing anymore, it's become framing and fanboy-ing.

Don't mind me, I am just sitting here and waiting for Capcom's next declining title for *this* thread. I'm actually just curious how large this decline will be.

Going from multiple millions to sub-500k.

I don't think even YW3 pulled off that large of a collapse.

Passose

Banned
Don't mind me, I am just sitting here and waiting for Capcom's next declining title for *this* thread. I'm actually just curious how large this decline will be.

Going from multiple millions to sub-500k.

I don't think even YW3 pulled off that large of a collapse.
this somehow reminds me of that shooting themselves in the foot comment

Vena

It very well could, but I don't think its actually anything but pure logistics and mathematical reasoning right now. This could be on every platform but the 3DS/Vita, and it'd get nowhere near where the 3DS entries were when the platform was software healthy. Switch is too limited, PS3 is dead, X1 is lol, WiiU is lol, and the PS4 does not move large software regularly and this audience isn't even there (regardless of whatever nonsense we discuss in here about why or why not every other hunter clone does or does not count for whatever nonsense).

There's nothing outlandish here at all. This isn't going to be a title for Japan, that will either be late-2018 or 2019.

Vena

Alright let's discuss some PS4 games. Which one do you think will surprise sales wise?

There's very little large software that can surprise in "big ways" left for the PS4 for this year, but I'd think DQXI will likely do well for the platform.

This is a lull year for the platform in the second half.

casiopao

Considering the result of BoF 6 bomba, Lost Planet 3 cause the IP to be lost forever, Dragon Dogma underwhelming result, not a single mobile title success and of course SFV pathetic performance.(not even counting Dead Rising lol.)

Capcom is not new to shooting their own foot lol. If they still have any.^_^

Passose

Banned
There's very little large software that can surprise in "big ways" left for the PS4 for this year, but I'd think DQXI will likely do well for the platform.

This is a lull year for the platform in the second half.
I think If DQXI switch is the same version as the Ps4 one, it will damage the ps4 version sales a lot

Vena

I think If DQXI switch is the same version as the Ps4 one, it will damage the ps4 version sales a lot

It has to be announced/revealed first, and I think it is deliberately being kept hidden until after the initial launch period. This would/could, in theory hurt long-term legs but not upfront performance which could be "surprising".

Passose

Banned
It has to be announced/revealed first, and I think it is deliberately being kept hidden until after the initial launch period. This would/could, in theory hurt long-term legs but not upfront performance which could be "surprising".
yeah, I think it's a part of the reasons that square is keeping silent about that version, people will be holding back for the switch version if they revealed it too early and it will damage other versions

yeah, I think it's a part of the reasons that square is keeping silent about that version, people will be holding back for the switch version if they revealed it too early and it will damage other versions

Also because they want people to double dip (especially 3DS buyers).

and I thought the Monster Hunter shit is over
tumblr_inline_onwzihtZyC1rvq7u5_500.gif

cheesekao

Ōkami;239874565 said:
I'd wager it'd be an everything but Switch game.

Like what most games announced the next few days will be.
I think that's quite unlikely, mostly because Capcom are cheapos and the Switch will be the base version and they'll just scale up for the other versions.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ōkami;239874565 said:
I'd wager it'd be an everything but Switch game.

Like what most games announced the next few days will be.

If they're dropping a platform from those four, the Switch would be most likely, yes, if just for technical reasons.

If they can get it working acceptably though, I expect it to be there.

Ōkami

If the game is this AAA deal its been rumored then its likely been in development for a couple of years.

If it is indeed a game intended for western audiences then when picking the platforms they picked those were such a game would be viable, not technically, but commercially, and during the past few years Nintendo platforms weren't viable ones for such a project.

Not like the Switch is one today as everything selling on it is Nintendo games but still. I wouldn't completely rule out a Switch version but I don't expect Capcom to announce it for Switch when the game is announced either.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This isn't going to be a title for Japan, that will either be late-2018 or 2019.

From financial report Capcom expects a rise of western sales this FY and it was stated that MHXX isn't the big unannounced title they were talking.

casiopao

If it is like the rumour, it will highly unlikely on Switch.

Also it wont really be a thing in Japan anyway lol if it really go like the rumour lol.

Vena

As I can't seem to find the thread, Nirolak or any one else for that matter, was Capcom's forecast for 1/2+(?) mil for Japan only on their unannounced title?

Vena

They expect to ship 2.75 mil in Japan this year, according to our Pokemon Overlord unless I am misreading the post.

MHXX - 300k? 400k with 3DS legs?
MHW - lol
RE7 - Statistical noise around zero.
MvCI - 100k? 50k? Fighters aren't doing hot.

Good luck?

Sandfox

I don't really understand how Capcom came up with that number and the same could probably be said for their expectations in other regions.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I don't really understand how Capcom came up with that number and the same could probably be said for their expectations in other regions.

What Capcom expects is very different from what sells but 3DS+NSW MHXX will be somewhere between 500-1000k in Japan. Sometime they are supposed to release RE2R too.

wrowa

So if it exists and is multiplat....

which fanboys celebrate?

Sony fanboys will celebrate getting a flashy new Monster Hunter, Nintendo fanboys will celebrate that it's not MH5. After an hour of excitement both camps will go on war again over whether or not Monster Hunter World is better or worse than a properly named MH mainline game. "It's just a spin off!" "No, it's the future of Monster Hunter!"

Gonna be fun either way.

Top Bottom