• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2013 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

zroid

Banned
Will Puzzle and Dragons have a physical release? Does it come with all the content, or will it still have micro transactions? I really wonder how much of an impact this will have on 3DS sales.

Yes it will have a physical release. Well GungHo at least expects 1 mil. I'm still a bit skeptical of that, but it should be pretty big.

-Physical release
-Normal release with all the content already on the package, probably planned DLC

Don't know about sales potential, but I think they are also planning an anime series so that should give it a boost.

Nice. If it is the same game that's on tge US Android play store, then I liked it. I just didn't like the fact it has to be conected online to play it. I'm with att, so data usage is very valuable.

I'd like to play the full version of it if it comes to the West. Thanks.

Yes it will have a physical release. Well GungHo at least expects 1 mil. I'm still a bit skeptical of that, but it should be pretty big.

I don't know about the 1 mil mark. Even if it is popular, it doesn't seem MH/Pokemon popular if it's not f2p (I assume it is over there). It could also surprise us and become Japan's Minecraft, so never say never, I suppose.

We need a 3DS shot of that to better appriciate what's happening.

Scum

4170271ijnp.jpg

At first I was "I can't believe the guy left".
Then, I noticed he is behind the sign haha

Damn!

AutumnRay

Banned
We need a next gen remake or similar game to Cursed King. I stopped playing it near the end but it was beyond excellent. Those 2 million sellers are pretty deserved though I don't know much about pokemon.

saichi

Will Puzzle and Dragons have a physical release? Does it come with all the content, or will it still have micro transactions? I really wonder how much of an impact this will have on 3DS sales.

It's not a port of the game on the phone so no microtransactions

squall23

Nice. If it is the same game that's on tge US Android play store, then I liked it. I just didn't like the fact it has to be conected online to play it. I'm with att, so data usage is very valuable.
It's not the same kind of game. The 3DS version has a full story mode, brand new monsters, no micro-transactions/magic stones, no team cost, and no stamina bar. It's very much a PaD for a console instead of mobiles.

It's not a port of the game on the phone so no microtransactions

Oh, so it's not a 1:1 port?

It's not the same kind of game. The 3DS version has a full story mode, brand new monsters, no micro-transactions/magic stones, no team cost, and no stamina bar. It's very much a PaD for a console instead of mobiles.

Ok, now we're onto something. I thought it was going to be the full game with no microtransactions, but this changes everything. Now I'm curious as to how well it'll do.

Thanks, guys!

ohlawd

We need a next gen remake or similar game to Cursed King. I stopped playing it near the end but it was beyond excellent. Those 2 million sellers are pretty deserved though I don't know much about pokemon.

All they really need to do is make the battle system a lot faster for DQVIII. Shit is insanely slow. Only reason why I'll never replay it. It's perfect otherwise.

Educate yaself on pokemon kthx.

cafemomo

SQueenix needs to hurry the eff up and announce this already. We all know it'll be on 3DS. Stop being so coy!

I still dream of a Nintendo-Square Enix direct

DQXI
The World Ends With U
Final Fantasy VI 3DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A3D
Final Fantasy Crystal U Chronicles

it will never happen ;_;

Mory Dunz

DQXI
The World Ends With U
Final Fantasy VI 3DS

it will never happen ;_;

I need this, so much.
If I had to guess the total amount of hours spent on beating FFTA and FFTA2...I don't know. Hundreds.

Actually, currently beating FFTA2 for a third time with a new team. Hard Mode, 300 missions.

cafemomo

I need this, so much.

I w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶believe that the 3DS will get some sort of tactics game. I think Squeenix is somewhat happy enough with the 3DS (I mean, it's getting a TR sequel and a BD update) to warrant more support from them.

BriBri

Monster Hunter 4 is already on top of the eShop charts!

And #18 on all-time 3DS above Dillon and Xevious (NSMB2 is #16)!

BriBri

So all-time is LTD? o_O Never knew they did that! Post the whole list so far!
Just a quick abbreviated list:-
Animal Crossing
Pokémon AR Searcher
Denpa 1
Charisou DX
Denpa 2
3D Kirby
Puyo Puyo Mini
Pokédex
Shaun Sheep video
Tomodachi Collection
Touch Battle Tank
Simple DL 1
Pushmo
Touch Battle Tank 2
Dragon Quest X Card Battle
NSMB2
Simple DL 2
Monster Hunter 4
Dillon
3D Xevious

Animal Crossing
Pokémon AR Searcher
Denpa 1
Charisou DX
Denpa 2
3D Kirby
Puyo Puyo Mini
Pokédex
Shaun Sheep video
Tomodachi Collection
Touch Battle Tank
Simple DL 1
Pushmo
Touch Battle Tank 2
NSMB2
Simple DL 2
Monster Hunter 4
Dillon
3D Xevious

Thanks! :D Don't be afraid to post every time MH4 moves up a space!

Lexxism

Animal Crossing
Pokémon AR Searcher
Denpa 1
Charisou DX
Denpa 2
3D Kirby
Puyo Puyo Mini
Pokédex
Shaun Sheep video
Tomodachi Collection
Touch Battle Tank
Simple DL 1
Pushmo
Touch Battle Tank 2
NSMB2
Simple DL 2
Monster Hunter 4
Dillon
3D Xevious

Do we have any numbers on this one? I'm quite interested what's the eshop sales for MH4

zroid

Banned
Well I don't think we're gonna get MH4 eShop numbers unless Capcom+Nintendo decide to share, but we probably know the approximate numbers of a few games to use as benchmarks. Someone can track those down I'm sure.

edit: for example, Nintendo once commented NSMB2 Japanese eShop sales account for about 5% of total sales. so it might be at around 100k now. That was a while ago though, so the %age could have changed.

Lexxism

That's actually my point(though I didn't explain it well). If only we can get any sales on the games below and above MH4.

BriBri

Thanks! :D Don't be afraid to post every time MH4 moves up a space!
I'll check every day or so until it takes over New Leaf:)
Do we have any numbers on this one? I'm quite interested what's the eshop sales for MH4
And only if the publishers release the numbers. Off-hand (these need to be verified!) New Leaf was something ridiculous at 800,000+, Touch Battle Tank was 100,000 worldwide (but the bulk in Japan) and I believe Tomodachi Collection was 45,000 very early on and probably a hell of a lot more. The fact publishers don't release many numbers is probably quite telling in most instances.

BriBri

I'll check every day or so until it takes over New Leaf:)

And only if the publishers release the numbers. Off-hand (these need to be verified!) New Leaf was something ridiculous at 800,000+, Touch Battle Tank was 100,000 worldwide (but the bulk in Japan) and I believe Tomodachi Collection was 45,000 very early on and probably a hell of a lot more. The fact publishers don't release many numbers is probably quite telling in most instances.

Edit: Dillon has 7,276 reviews so Monster Hunter 4 has already sold more eShop copies than that.

Double Edit: Sorry - it's early/late. I quoted instead of editing!

Mory Dunz

I w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶believe that the 3DS will get some sort of tactics game. I think Squeenix is somewhat happy enough with the 3DS (I mean, it's getting a TR sequel and a BD update) to warrant more support from them.

A quick wiki search says FFTA2 did 670,000 by 2009, and FFTA did 1 million by 2004.

...Wonder if that is enough to warrant another one.

EDIT:
It's weird that I said "warrant" after you said it. Is it one of those things when you read a word, and then subconsciously immediately say it? Anyway...yeah. :)

Lumyst

EDIT:
It's weird that I said "warrant" after you said it. Is it one of those things when you read a word, and then subconsciously immediately say it? Anyway...yeah. :)

If it's like me, I'm more likely to use more flowery phrases when typing than when talking. For instance:

Talking: That didn't do anything.
Writing: All efforts were rendered for naught.

Likewise, if talking: It sold so much, they'd want to make another one, right?
Writing: Perhaps sales were satisfactory enough to warrant the creation of another FFT.

Anyways, back to watching MH4's performance :p

Especially with FE: A sales worldwide. FE is not FF juggernaut, but it shows there's a healthy market for this kind of games. Tactics should be a no brainer at this point.

Mory Dunz

Especially with FE: A sales worldwide. FE is not FF juggernaut, but it shows there's a healthy market for this kind of games. Tactics should be a no brainer at this point.

Yeah, but where is it though.

Honestly, thinking about about it, FFTA3 (or whatever) would probably be the push I needed to buy a 3DS. The Mario RPGs almost got me there. (Don't bash me for not already having one. I'm broke.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BD is made and directed externally and TRFF already has most of its assets so they're easier to do without many internal resources.

The trick is getting Square to not throw their old handheld teams at console or mobile.

If you look at FFXV and KH3's staff it becomes obvious what happened to the KH Portable and Type-0 teams.

L Thammy

Not a huge Square Enix fan so maybe I'm completely off the mark, but I would think Crystal Chronicles would fit in well with their modern strategies. Even Dragon Quest XI is likely to be focused on multiplayer and social features considering IX and X. StreetPass / Tag Mode is a social gaming feature, isn't it?

mutsu

DQXI
The World Ends With U
Final Fantasy VI 3DS

it will never happen ;_;

Seeing this list in so depressing in so many ways. The glory days of JRPG has long sailed.

Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu
Grandia

Top Bottom