• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2014 (Sep 15 - Sep 21)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
The only way Nintendo gives Smash a Wii U bundle is if it will be a standalone limited edition one, not like last year's long time runners.

I think 3D World makes the most sense for a bundle, since it's at about the same point NSMBU was when the bundle released.

- Both games were popular multiplayer Mario titles that had sold over 500K
- Both released about a year (11 months) before

Plus the Wii Sports Bundle is absolute crap lol... Why exactly don't they at least put the full Wii Sports Club bundle? The title isn't selling anyways...

Sorry about using amazon jp lol... it just seemed that for Bayo 2, Amazon had the special preorder, so folks would buy it there. Considering FF normal amazon ranking > Bayo 2 special preorder amazon ranking, I figured that was a good sign...

horuhe

sörine;131930519 said:
Wii U Family Bundle 2014 should be Super Mario 3D World and Just Dance Wii U.
Or a Wii U Mario Premium Bundle, with Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and 30 days of Wii Karaoke U for 29,980 yen with taxes. It would sell thousands. Btw, how many times have Wii U had two launches in a row? It think it really could help it to keep its sales for, at least, one more week.

hiska-kun

[WIU] Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko <ADV> (Nintendo) (¥7.128)
548BE0FC-D750-456D-897E-640FD59047CE_zpsrbkayufi.jpg

2D417A18-B5D4-47BF-8D19-C53ABC15DF51_zpsgkqgpl7a.jpg

Smash was back in stock in most of the shops:
B865484E-9F85-4AD8-9548-B1258680B14B_zpsj07imbau.jpg

DanganRonpa seems sold out in most of the shops (&#21697;&#20999;&#12428;&#20013;)
F33D3673-9DF5-4BA7-A1CF-7BE34C00F271_zps5fsutwbn.jpg

Getting ready for New 3DS cases.
CB773D3E-4AB5-424E-9E25-B3E8C6E4C580_zpsoynjxe9q.jpg

Welfare

PREDICTION LEAGUE OCTOBER 2014

[3DS] New 3DS Hardware (16 days) - 136,000
[3DS] New 3DS LL Hardware (16 days) - 284,000
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (16 days) - 2,175,000
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 (25 days) - 182,000
[PS4+PS3] Evil Within (4 days) - 69,000
[3DS] Tales of the World Reve Unitia (4 days) - 81,000

Mr Swine

Banned

[3DS] New 3DS Hardware (16 days) - 120k
[3DS] New 3DS LL Hardware (16 days) - 150k
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (16 days) - 1.950k
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 (25 days) - 132k
[PS4+PS3] Evil Within (4 days) - 87k
[3DS] Tales of the World Reve Unitia (4 days) - 43k

duckroll

I highly doubt Imageepoch will publish another 3DS game again. They might make one if someone else wants to pay for it, but I think they're going to try their luck on the Vita instead.

Road

Prediction league comparisons:

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 234,713 / 2,542,114 (16 days)

[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX - 8,649 / 186,260 (25 days)

[3DS] Tales of the Abyss - 68,218 / 68,218 (4 days)

GB Color - 272,941 (19 days)
GBA SP - 264,914 (17 days)
GBA Micro - 228,886 (20 days)
DS Lite - 256,351 (18 days)
DSi - 345,071 (16 days)
DSi LL - 221,587 (16 days)*
3DS LL - 344,807 (16 days)

3DS family after MH4 launch - 611,706 (21 days)

*media create; all others, famitsu.

Busaiku

I highly doubt Imageepoch will publish another 3DS game again. They might make one if someone else wants to pay for it, but I think they're going to try their luck on the Vita instead.

Didn't that hentai game remake do well?
I remember it had a high sell through.

Criminal Girls is an imageepoch developed game (published by NIS, though) that sold very little. I'm not sure how imageepoch should try on PSV. They never succeeded on any console, and under any publisher, even when their output was not so bad. I can see them targeting a niche, and in that sense, 22-30k units should be ok.

duckroll

Criminal Girls is an imageepoch developed game (published by NIS, though) that sold very little. I'm not sure how imageepoch should try on PSV. They never succeeded on any console, even when their output was not so bad.

I don't think the Vita one is by Imageepoch at all. They don't even associate themselves with it in any way. I hear NIS paid some other dev to port the PSP game.

Imaggepoch helps market their own games using the JRPG brand, even ones published by other publishers like Marvelous and Sega: http://jrpg.jp

All their previous games under this label were on the PSP, until they released two 3DS games this year. Those are also the worst performing games they have ever made. I think they're done with the platform.

I don't think the Vita one is by Imageepoch at all. They don't even associate themselves with it in any way. I hear NIS paid some other dev to port the PSP game.

Imaggepoch helps market their own games using the JRPG brand, even ones published by other publishers like Marvelous and Sega: http://jrpg.jp

All their previous games under this label were on the PSP, until they released two 3DS games this year. Those are also the worst performing games they have ever made. I think they're done with the platform.

Ok. I hope they can find some success on PSV.

hongcha

FWIW imageepoch were not involved with the vita port of criminal girls. Though like duckroll I hardly see how any of this is relevant to the matter at hand.

Edit: beaten.

extralite

I'm not sure why people even care about ImageEpoch...

They frequently work with Kazuya Niino, the director of the original Etrian's Odyssey. The biggish franchise Atlus was able to establish on DS in recent years.

With imageepoch Niino made Seventh Dragon, Last Ranker and Black Rock Shooter. They also frequently work with prestigeous writers like Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy VII/VIII/X/XV, Last Ranker, Black Rock Shooter and Sol Trigger) and Masato Kato (Chrono series, World Destruction).

I'll care for Stella Glow if the creative team turns out to interest me.

Orgen

[3DS] New 3DS Hardware (16 days) - 188.000
[3DS] New 3DS LL Hardware (16 days) - 295.000
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (16 days) - 2.043.000
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 (25 days) - 141.000
[PS4+PS3] Evil Within (4 days) - 112.000
[3DS] Tales of the World Reve Unitia (4 days) - 56.000

I've never really understood Imageepoch. They went from all-hands-on-board DS support to literally dropping everything and working almost exclusively on PSP until the end of its life.

Feels eerily similar to have them working on 3DS with all their stuff at the moment. Though, Vita won't be in the same state PSP was in when they switched to it.

Still, I don't think sales can get much worse if they switched to it, but at best they could improve.

I'd say they should try 3DS/Vita but Conception 2 & Exstetra, which I'd imagine are both very similar to anything Imageepoch would put out, have shown this probably isn't the best idea.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'll keep an eye on it. They're not the best developer and I feel like they haven't found themselves a niche like Compile Heart/Gust/Falcom/NIS have (probably due to swapping platfoms so much), but I watched some playthroughs of Last Ranker and Sol Trigger and they seemed like solid games.

I've never really understood Imageepoch. They went from all-hands-on-board DS support to literally dropping everything and working almost exclusively on PSP until the end of its life.

Feels eerily similar to have them working on 3DS with all their stuff at the moment. Though, Vita won't be in the same state PSP was in when they switched to it.

Still, I don't think sales can get much worse if they switched to it, but at best they could improve.

I'd say they should try 3DS/Vita but Conception 2 & Exstetra, which I'd imagine are both very similar to anything Imageepoch would put out, have shown this probably isn't the best idea.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'll keep an eye on it. They're not the best developer and I feel like they haven't found themselves a niche like Compile Heart/Gust/Falcom/NIS have (probably due to swapping platfoms so much), but I watched some playthroughs of Last Ranker and Sol Trigger and they seemed like solid games.

They might complain about sw results on 3DS, but what did they actually publish? A game based on a mascotte created for an event (Sonipro sold like shit on PS3 too -3DS: around 6k, PS3: around 10k-) and a cleaned remake of an hentai PC game. This is nothing comparable to something like Sol Trigger or Last Ranker (which didn't sell much either).

They might complain about sw results on 3DS, but what did they actually publish? A game based on a mascotte created for an event (Sonipro sold like shit on PS3 too -3DS: around 6k, PS3: around 10k-) and a cleaned remake of an hentai PC game. This is nothing comparable to something like Sol Trigger or Last Ranker (which didn't sell much either).

PSP Last Ranker 76,592 / 129,334
PSP Sol Trigger 38,691 / 61,320

I wouldn't say they sold that badly really; especially Last Ranker. Seems pretty par-for-the-course Imageepoch numbers when they work with a publisher (i.e. 7th Dragon; Fate/Extra sold similarly).

But you're right, they may well say that the numbers weren't good, but they weren't the best games to represent whether the fanbase is there. Just like a barely-3-years-old-port of Criminal Girls wouldn't have been a good representation for NIS to use either ;)

I'm not quite sure what more there is to discuss with me anyway. I didn't say they'd released loads of original titles onto 3DS which had sold poorly so they should jump ship to Vita (I was using Last Ranker and Sol Trigger as examples of games of theirs I'd watched videos of, not sales comparisons!) I was just saying that I don't think sales would be any lower but there's always the "what if" of they being higher on Vita.

I think more than anything, though, Imageepoch are a company that would benefit from trying to build a fanbase on just one platform (or series of platforms). That's what I was trying to get across in my post.

Takao

Banned
Tsutaya top 20:
http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/rank/game.html?rank=top_sub

1. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
2. Sen No Kiseki II PSV
3. DanganRonpa: Another Episode
4. Sen No Kiseki II PS3
5. Yokai Watch 2 Honke
6. Haikyuu
7. Yokai Watch 2 Ganso
8. Fatal Frame
9. Destiny PS3
10. Sen No Kiseki II PSV Limited Edition
11. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 Limited Edition
12. Bayonetta 2
13. Destiny PS4
14. Dragon Quest X 3DS
15. Dungeon Travellers 2 PSV
16. Haikyuu Limited Edition
17. Naruto 2K14 PS3
18. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
19. Toukiden Kiwami PSV
20. Mario Kart 8

Guymelef

Tsutaya top 20:
http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/rank/game.html?rank=top_sub

1. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
2. Sen No Kiseki II PSV
3. DanganRonpa: Another Episode
4. Sen No Kiseki II PS3
5. Yokai Watch 2 Honke
6. Haikyuu
7. Yokai Watch 2 Ganso
8. Fatal Frame
9. Destiny PS3
10. Sen No Kiseki II PSV Limited Edition
11. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 Limited Edition
12. Bayonetta 2
13. Destiny PS4
14. Dragon Quest X 3DS
15. Dungeon Travellers 2 PSV
16. Haikyuu Limited Edition
17. Naruto 2K14 PS3
18. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum
19. Toukiden Kiwami PSV
20. Mario Kart 8

Fatal Frame is so low, right?

Takao

Banned
What are the chances of a Tuikoden game on PS4?

Koei Tecmo ported Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce to PS3 and 360. I don't see why the same couldn't happen to Toukiden eventually. I'm not sure there will be a big market for off-brand hunting games on consoles, though.

Takao

Banned
Mpl's favourite store: http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/

1. Super Smash Bros for 3DS - 145pt
2. DanganRonpa: Another Episode - 99pt
3. Sen No Kiseki II PSV - 93pt
4. Yokai Watch 2: Honke - 93pt
5. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 - 84pt
6. Haikyuu Limited Edition - 75pt
7. Fatal Frame - 70pt
8. Yokai Watch 2: Ganso - 63pt
9. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 Limited Edition - 48pt
10. Haikyuu - 45pt
11. Sen No Kiseki II PSV Limited Edition - 42pt
12. Destiny PS3 - 31pt
13. Dungeon Travellers 2 PSV - 18pt
14. Bayonetta 2 - 14 pt
15. Destiny PS4 - 11pt
16. Dungeon Travellers 2 PSV Limited Edition - 9pt
17. Toukiden Kiwami PSV - 9pt
18. Monobeno: Pure Smile PSV - 9pt
19. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 9pt
20. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum Limited Edition - 9pt

DaBoss

Another Episode with 99pts? I'm surprised it is that high.

On second thought, I don't really know what the norm is with Comgnet since I never pay attention to it lol.

Hmm, Fatal Frame I can see why it'd do better.

It's an older IP now in its 5 entry (6th if Spirit Camera counts), it has a movie coming up, and EVERYONE knew the GamePad would be a match made in heaven and it is indeed being utilized as we all hoped it would.

However, somehow I think this doing well, could be a small step to being a game changer, considering it's a proper 3rd-party game by TK that Nintendo published, but for some reason I think this doing well could be a nudge to 3rd-parties, not open gates, but hopefully will grab some attention.

That is if it actually does legit well, I mean MH3U doing like 200k didn't do much, same goes for DQX.

But maybe if Fatal Frame somehow does reach 100k, becoming the highest in the series (FF4 was prior at 70k IIRC), that could be something.

Hyrule Warriors already nearing 120k is also a good sign, as I recall folks saying TK wanted 150k in Japan and 1m worldwide.

random25

[3DS] New 3DS Hardware (16 days) - 250000
[3DS] New 3DS LL Hardware (16 days) - 300000
[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G (16 days) - 2100000
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 (25 days) - 150000
[PS4+PS3] Evil Within (4 days) - 100000
[3DS] Tales of the World Reve Unitia (4 days) - 40000

Yasumi

Banned
Mpl's favourite store: http://www.comgnet.com/ranking/

1. Super Smash Bros for 3DS - 145pt
2. DanganRonpa: Another Episode - 99pt
3. Sen No Kiseki II PSV - 93pt
4. Yokai Watch 2: Honke - 93pt
5. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 - 84pt
6. Haikyuu Limited Edition - 75pt
7. Fatal Frame - 70pt
8. Yokai Watch 2: Ganso - 63pt
9. Sen No Kiseki II PS3 Limited Edition - 48pt
10. Haikyuu - 45pt
Not bad at all. Hope it has some decent legs.

Really curious about Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo and Sen II this week. Folks on the net seem really happy bout Falcom's fixing of the issues present in Sen pre and post-patch, and it's sold out at the biggest game shops in the prefecture here. Doesn't mean much, but I am hoping it at least does as well as Sen (biggest opening in the series) if not a little better.

As for ZZS, fingers crossed.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. With the power of a full week&#8482; behind it, Bayonetta 2 should be approximately 1.75 the sales of last week.

Top Bottom